Need Suggestion on ICE in Hyundai i20 Asta

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy new ICE for my Hyundai i20 Asta. It has stock ICE which I don't like. I have few queries regarding the replacement.

- What all thing Do I need to replace to get fitted with the new one.
- I wish to use my current steering wheel controls with New ICE
Note 1 : on my steering control there is no button to Receive/End Call
- Can Reverse Camera be connect to it
- My budget is around Rs. 25000
- I stay in PUNE.

Suggest a good ICE with
- Bluetooth connectivity
- iPhone/iPod/Android phone connectivity
- Reverse camera support
- GPS navigation support/ready
- Should be able to support various Audio/Video format files.
- What would be the cost of ICE [including installation]

Note 2 : I am not interested with changing my stock speakers.

I am thinking of going for Pioneer AVH-2690BT[roll]

For reference, I have attached dashboard image

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! Brother first of all tell us what kind of music you like to listen?. Are you planning for the sub and amp? Specification of current speakers if you want to keep them?

Hi
For you to change your head unit you need a new double din fascia panel to fit the head unit. Also for the steering wheel controls to work you need an interface. I would recommend Axxess ASWC as you dont need to program it and it automatically detects the car and system and programs it.

You can surely go in for the pioneer you've mentioned. It ticks all your boxes except for the GPS. GPS headunits are expensive.

Reverse camera can also be connected to it.

I have pioneer 2690bt. its interface is not good and kinda laggy. but sound output quality is good.
you can connect backup camera. its responsive and doesnt take time to start up. just you put reverse gear and its on screen.
you need to buy connector for steering wheel controls to work.
It doesnt have GPS/navigation. If you have ipod/iphone you can connect them via appradio2 and operate google maps. I dont know whether it supports external GPS device or not.

Audio files mp3/wma it can play which is good enough.
Video only specific format it plays. After converting dozens of videos in different resolution and formats , i found out that the one format it always plays is
720 * 480 pixels , mpeg-2

on snapdeal i see its cost has decreased a lot and available for only 16k after discount.
within 25k you will be able to afford all other accessories too or you can go for 5590bt too.

Thread Starter #6
Hi! Brother first of all tell us what kind of music you like to listen?. Are you planning for the sub and amp? Specification of current speakers if you want to keep them?

I just wish to change my Audio Player & upgrade to VIDEO player. I am not interested in any amplifier/Sub Woofer. [:)].

Rest all I have mentioned in my thread.

Thread Starter #7
Hi
For you to change your head unit you need a new double din fascia panel to fit the head unit. Also for the steering wheel controls to work you need an interface. I would recommend Axxess ASWC as you dont need to program it and it automatically detects the car and system and programs it.

You can surely go in for the pioneer you've mentioned. It ticks all your boxes except for the GPS. GPS headunits are expensive.

Reverse camera can also be connected to it.
As you quoted Axxess ASWC, I visited to the website, it available in US only. Do you know any local shop which sell these products.

Thread Starter #8
I have pioneer 2690bt. its interface is not good and kinda laggy. but sound output quality is good.
you can connect backup camera. its responsive and doesnt take time to start up. just you put reverse gear and its on screen.
you need to buy connector for steering wheel controls to work.
It doesnt have GPS/navigation. If you have ipod/iphone you can connect them via appradio2 and operate google maps. I dont know whether it supports external GPS device or not.

Audio files mp3/wma it can play which is good enough.
Video only specific format it plays. After converting dozens of videos in different resolution and formats , i found out that the one format it always plays is
720 * 480 pixels , mpeg-2

on snapdeal i see its cost has decreased a lot and available for only 16k after discount.
within 25k you will be able to afford all other accessories too or you can go for 5590bt too.
Can you recommend some more brands/models with similar or higher configuration.

Thread Starter #10
I have change my mind to buy Pioneer 8590BT + steering controls + reverse camera.

Does anyone has suggestion with other brand matching to 8590BT features.

Pioneer is good in terms of sound quality and durability. Doc. has higher model of pioneer HU and he said that it is not slow like the cheap models. So you can go for it.

Yes,
I have been using pioneer in my SX4 zx from 2013 and the sound quality is simply superb! My model and version is pioneer mixtrax series. I too would suggest you to go for pioneer. It is no.1 brand as compared to other brands.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Top Bottom