ICE Setup For Maruti Suzuki Alto K-10

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am looking for a budget ICE set up in my Alto k10. I had almost decided on the head unit and speakers until I started reading a lot about ICE set ups. Now I am in a state where I cannot make a decision on which brand/product I should go with! [confused]

I have shortlisted couple of Head Units and speaker models below. Need expert suggestions to choose the right one for me.
Head units:
Pioneer MVH-X169UI (Pretty much settled on this model as I don’t need a CD player or Bluetooth)
Sony DSX A35 (I have read some good reviews about this. Any idea on how does it perform compared to the Pio?)
Pioneer DEH-X1690UB (Same as the first model but with CD player)

4" Front Speakers:
Polk Audio - DB401 (Best in the lot going by specs. I have read tons of positive reviews but tad expensive compared to others. Not sure if it's worth spending the money on a 4" coaxial!)
Hertz DCX100.2 (Another solid 4” coaxial speaker. Again I have read lot of positive reviews about this product. Less pricy compared to Polk but still expensive compared to others in the list. Difficult to find in the market)
JBL CS 4 (This was my first choice. Good VFM set of speakers, decent performance and well known brand in India)
Blaupunkt - GTx 402 DE
Pioneer - TS G424
Sony - XS-GTF10382
JVC - CS V417

6"X9" Rear speakers:
Polk Audio - DB691 (Excellent set of speakers. But again expensive compared to the lot)
JBL GTO 949 (I have experienced this beast in many of my friend's cars. Natural choice by many, including me)

How are the below Blaupunkts, Infinitys, Pio and Sony compared to these two?
Blaupunkt - GTx 693 SC
Blaupunkt - GT Power 69.4X
Blaupunkt - Vx 692 Velocity
Infinity - Primus 9603i
Infinity - Reference 9603ix
Pioneer - TS A935H
Sony - XS-GTF69382

I want to get a set of speakers which produces good bass and at the same time I do not want to compromise on the clarity. Basically the setup should have a balanced sound quality. My budget is 10k-12k including installation cost. I can extend till 15k if I am convinced it is worth spending 3k more. I know this post is lengthy for a basic ICE set up query. But I am just trying to get the best system for the buck I spend. [roll]

Fianlly, please suggest me few good places in Bangalore wheer i can get the set up done profesionally.

Thanks.

Re: ICE set up for Alto K-10

Please consider going for a HU with bluetooth. It is very convenient for taking calls, etc.

I will wait for experts to comment on your configuration, as I dont have lot of idea regarding it.

Head units:
Pioneer MVH-X169UI (Pretty much settled on this model as I don’t need a CD player or Bluetooth)
Sony DSX A35 (I have read some good reviews about this. Any idea on how does it perform compared to the Pio?)
Pioneer DEH-X1690UB (Same as the first model but with CD player)
Me using Pioneer MVH-X169UI in my Alto Lxi, Look HERE for pics. Was really confused whether to get the usb one or the one with cd player,but now am ok with this usb alone model,No one will use a cd for sure.[lol] Read that Pioneer has better sound quality than Sony Head Units.

4" Front Speakers:
Me having JBL CS-4,Decent Speakers.Good sound quality too.Bought it for 1k from snapdeal.

6"X9" Rear speakers:
Polk Audio - DB691 (Excellent set of speakers. But again expensive compared to the lot)
JBL GTO 949 (I have experienced this beast in many of my friend's cars. Natural choice by many, including me)
949,No Doubts.[evil]

How are the below Blaupunkts, Infinitys, Pio and Sony compared to these two?
Blaupunkt - GTx 693 SC
Blaupunkt - GT Power 69.4X
Blaupunkt - Vx 692 Velocity
Infinity - Primus 9603i
Infinity - Reference 9603ix
Pioneer - TS A935H
Sony - XS-GTF69382
Infinity's are good speakers,Good Sound quality,But i think its not that bassy as JBl's.[roll]

Just my personal suggestions.Correct me if am wrong.

Thread Starter #4

Me using Pioneer MVH-X169UI in my Alto Lxi, Look HERE for pics. Was really confused whether to get the usb one or the one with cd player,but now am ok with this usb alone model,No one will use a cd for sure.[lol] Read that Pioneer has better sound quality than Sony Head Units.

Me having JBL CS-4,Decent Speakers.Good sound quality too.Bought it for 1k from snapdeal.

949,No Doubts.[evil]

Infinity's are good speakers,Good Sound quality,But i think its not that bassy as JBl's.[roll]

Just my personal suggestions.Correct me if am wrong.
Thanks for the suggestion Aneesh. I am almost certain to go with JBL 949 for rear set up unless i am convinced that others in my list are better than the JBL! My main confusion is with the front speakers. I know that i cannot expect too much from a 4" coaxial but i am looking for something which matches the clarity and sound quality of my rear speakers. Because in many of my friend's cars, i hardly hear good sound coming out of the front speakers.

Thread Starter #5
C'on guys,

Please share your suggestions! I'm almost decided to go with the Pio head unit (withi usb only) and JBL GTO 949 rear speakers unless anyone had better experience with other set. But I'm still baffled about the front speakers. Hertz seems to be the best VFM option but it's availability in Bangalore is a challenge. Is JBL CS4 good enough for my car? Please advice.

C'on guys,

Please share your suggestions! I'm almost decided to go with the Pio head unit (withi usb only) and JBL GTO 949 rear speakers unless anyone had better experience with other set. But I'm still baffled about the front speakers. Hertz seems to be the best VFM option but it's availability in Bangalore is a challenge. Is JBL CS4 good enough for my car? Please advice.
Hii brother y don't you go for component system for fronts you will get good budget components in the range of 3-7K.

Thread Starter #7
Hii brother y don't you go for component system for fronts you will get good budget components in the range of 3-7K.
I thought about it but after reading through lot of forums, I learnt that there wouldn't be any noticeable difference in sound quality between coaxial & component in a 4" speaker. So coaxials would be real VFM for my set up. Anyways Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Bottom