New Sounding For Amaze

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I am here to seek your help and advise on one matter.
Guys I've been driving H-Amaze S-MT(D) since last year. And now I am thinking of some upgradation to the speaker system of the Stock ICE.
I do now know whether ICE would be required to be changed or not, but if there is an option I do not seek any change in the ICE, it suits my requirements. Apart from that now i feel that bass quality in high frequency is poor + mid frequency is OK + in Low Frequency is good.
So I am looking for something that might boost the audio performance in my car w/o compromising any boot space.
So kindly suggest me some speakers etc, my budget is 10-12k. What are the options I have, and what is your personal view..
Thanks in advance brothers..

Besties,
Neeraj

ICE Advice For Current Honda Amaze Setup

Hello Guys,
I would like to know about the current setup that has been installed in my car. I request the guru's to please have a look at the setup and advice me regarding improvements which i can make to this setup.

1. Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-279BT
2. Amplifier - 4 Ch. V12
3. Sub - RF R1S412 12" Prime 4-Ohm SVC Subwoofer
4. Front Comps - RF R1675-S Prime 6.75" Component System
5. Rear Comps - JBL CS 5C Components

Please tell me is the current setup is alright and also please tell me about what type of wiring should i opt for as i know the current wiring is not of top quality.
Also there is some " Churrr Churrr" Type of sound coming between the changing of the tracks when the volume is high. Is there anything i can do to get rid of this noise.

Any valuable inputs would be highly appreciated.

After researching and reading various articles and posts online for a month I have ordered these two upgrades for my drive. Please give your inputs regarding the change. I will be replacing the RF Sub and the V12 Amp items. After the change my setup would be like..

2. Amp - JBL - GX-A644SI - 4 Channel Power Amplifier
3. Sub - JBL - GTX 1300T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1300 W)

And please do advice me regarding the wiring as i am completely confused about that thing and seriously have no idea at all. :(

Last edited:
After researching and reading various articles and posts online for a month I have ordered these two upgrades for my drive. Please give your inputs regarding the change. I will be replacing the RF Sub and the V12 Amp items. After the change my setup would be like..

2. Amp - JBL - GX-A644SI - 4 Channel Power Amplifier
3. Sub - JBL - GTX 1300T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1300 W)

And please do advice me regarding the wiring as i am completely confused about that thing and seriously have no idea at all. :(
Changing the amp is a wise choice and good decision. But please dont change the SUB. The RF sub is way superior to the bass tube in sound quality.

Also i think the sound your getting is from alternator or due to improper wiring. Please check the ground cables from the amplifier if its correctly mounted on a non painted metal part of the body. Otherwise i think there will be some loose connection with the cables. Also please do note that good quality wires can make a great difference on the way a system sounds. So please make sure you get some good qulity stuff :)

Hello Guys,
I am here to seek your help and advise on one matter.
Guys I've been driving H-Amaze S-MT(D) since last year. And now I am thinking of some upgradation to the speaker system of the Stock ICE.
I do now know whether ICE would be required to be changed or not, but if there is an option I do not seek any change in the ICE, it suits my requirements. Apart from that now i feel that bass quality in high frequency is poor + mid frequency is OK + in Low Frequency is good.
So I am looking for something that might boost the audio performance in my car w/o compromising any boot space.
So kindly suggest me some speakers etc, my budget is 10-12k. What are the options I have, and what is your personal view..
Thanks in advance brothers..

Besties,
Neeraj
Since you are lacking out on high frequencies by your preference. I would suggest adding a pair of good components to the system. The tweeters will compensate for the lack of high's . Based on your budget you can choose between using a converter to give input to the speakers or a change in HU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing the amp is a wise choice and good decision. But please dont change the SUB. The RF sub is way superior to the bass tube in sound quality.

Also i think the sound your getting is from alternator or due to improper wiring. Please check the ground cables from the amplifier if its correctly mounted on a non painted metal part of the body. Otherwise i think there will be some loose connection with the cables. Also please do note that good quality wires can make a great difference on the way a system sounds. So please make sure you get some good qulity stuff :)
Thanks @nitin5200 for the reply. Please mention some brand names for the wiring too please.

Please mention some brand names for the wiring too please.
Firstly How you have connected 2 pair of components and a subwoofer to a 4ch amplifier? [surprise]. The Alpine amp and RF sub are some quality products and I don't think its a good idea to replace these components before troubleshooting your current setup. For the noise coming you can check the wiring by disconnecting the cables (Power, earthing, RCA) one at a time. If it is still persisting buy an RCA Filter/ ground loop isolator. For wiring kits there are brands like audison, monster, scosche, RF, kicker etc. Some models are a bit too costly, but buying any decent wiring kit in 1-2.5K range will serve the purpose. Make sure the kit includes fuse blocks, lugs and all such small components. (Branded cable+ Chinese unbranded crimps will give the same effect as that of a Chinese unbranded wiring kit).

PS: I think the subwoofers you mentioned are SPL types, you purposely bought it as u like the Boom boom effect or some random choice?.

I really have no idea about the installation work that has been done by the shop from where i had installed this.
Is it bad to connect 2 comps to a 4 channel amp?
what could happen due to this.
The Head unit specs also mentioned some pre outs typo thing ( I seriously am a newbie )
For Wiring i am considering this - Konnects 4 Gauge Heavy Amplifier Wiring Kit With 2 To 4 Channel Convertor ( Is it a good option )
Ans please do suggest by viweing the items installed about what to connect to whom. Like from where should the front comps get power, the rear and and the bass tube.

And Yes, I like the Boom Boom effect.. [:)]

P.S. - Please dont mind about my questions and doubts as i have already informed you about my knowledge in the ICE department. [cry]

I would agree with Lameassonwheels , beter to rectify the problems then go for an upgrade.

Also i think the front components and sub will be powered by the amp and rear will be powered by the HU.

Please get some good brand of wiring ( sosche , tcheranov, RF, connection audison , aiv , focal etc. )

As you all know a system is only as good as it's weakest link .

Also 4 gauge wires are thicker than 8 gauge. the lower the gauge the greater the thickness.

I wouldn't suggest a RCA filter. This will be needed only if something is wrong with the outputs.

I have upgraded the items as they were already bought. This time I had changed the complete amplifier wiring kit with a better brand 4 gauge wiring and now the sound quality has completely changed. Now I have complete satisfaction regarding the sound quality in the car. One last thing i will do in the future is to get a monoblock as i've heard that they tend to make the woofer perform better.
[:)]

I have upgraded the items as they were already bought. This time I had changed the complete amplifier wiring kit with a better brand 4 gauge wiring and now the sound quality has completely changed. Now I have complete satisfaction regarding the sound quality in the car. One last thing i will do in the future is to get a monoblock as i've heard that they tend to make the woofer perform better.
[:)]

Add monoblock only if your woofer needs more power than it is currently getting from the 2 channels bridged . Otherwise no diff.

Add monoblock only if your woofer needs more power than it is currently getting from the 2 channels bridged . Otherwise no diff.
One more Question.
Will a Single Monoblock amp be able to power RF Dual Prime 12" 300 Watt Loaded Enclosure, or do I need to put 2 monoblocks?

One more Question.
Will a Single Monoblock amp be able to power RF Dual Prime 12" 300 Watt Loaded Enclosure, or do I need to put 2 monoblocks?

You are looking at it all wrong. A monoblock will amplify the input given to a said rating at max gains and a sub requires a certain amount of power for it to function.

So RF Prime 12" X 2 will need about 300W of power at 4OHM so target amps which give this.

Some good companies making VFM mono's are

Zapco
infinity
JBL

Top Bottom