The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/16106-hyundai-grand-i10-audio-system-query.html)

rollingpunjab 25th January 2014 11:51 AM

Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query
 
Dear Forum members

I have a query regarding my hyundai grand i10 audio system. Its a factory fitted system (brand unknown), with bluetooth connectivity and 1 GB Inbuilt memory. However, Its output and sound clarity is strictly average. It has 4 speakers (one each on every door). I intend to install another pair of speakers at the rear (in the boot), preferably pioneer 2150 TS (ABOUT 300 W) or pioneer 6975 V2 (ABOUT 500 W) and may be a pair of tweeters (if required)

My query--> Is it possible to install another pair of speakers (making it total of 6 speakers), without using amplifier. I mean is the head unit capable enough to accomodate one more pair of speakers as powerful as 300 W to 500 W. Or do I need to use amplifier?

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

bhvm 25th January 2014 03:35 PM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
if you put too many speakers on stock amp, it will overload and burn.

your best option will be rca outputs from current music system to 4 channel amp and better quality door speakers.

parveen 27th January 2014 10:01 AM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
you can use 4 channel amplifier to improve power output, in this way you can use multiple speakers without damaging the head unit.

Goaboy 28th January 2014 09:05 PM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
Hi there ! I am getting my Grand I10 Asta O in next week. Even I have the same query. I am thinking just to upgrade the front speakers to Pioneer TS R 1650 S or TS R 1350 S or TS G 624 and switch the front speakers to rear doors, since rear door speakers are of very poor quality compared to stock front. I have JBL GTO 937 with me, but rear parcel shelf looks too filmsy to support speakers weight and I dont want PDF plank at rear. Dear friends please pour in your valuable inputs.

Goaboy 29th January 2014 12:41 PM

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query
 
I have considered the above mentioned speakers compared to infinity or JBLs for their low frequency range up to 30 hz & price factor. I have not considered component speakers because I don't want to disturb original wires and void warranty, moreover since this car comes with complex electronics like keyless entry, start stop button God forbid if something goes wrong, then I don't want them to blame me for that, hence intending to keep it original. Please Experts enlighten us with your knowledge

i10grand 30th January 2014 09:14 PM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaboy (Post 362314)
Hi there ! I am getting my Grand I10 Asta O in next week. Even I have the same query. I am thinking just to upgrade the front speakers to Pioneer TS R 1650 S or TS R 1350 S or TS G 624 and switch the front speakers to rear doors, since rear door speakers are of very poor quality compared to stock front. I have JBL GTO 937 with me, but rear parcel shelf looks too filmsy to support speakers weight and I dont want PDF plank at rear. Dear friends please pour in your valuable inputs.

Hello there, Just today i installed ICE to my Grand i10 magna. Here is my recommendation for you for front door Pioneer - TS A1605C these are component speakers with Passive Crossover Network + separate tweeters. Its a 60 watt RMS per speaker total 120W RMS. Its a 6" spkr
And for the rear door Infinity Primus PR6502is , its a 70 watt RMS per speaker total 140 w RMS, this is 6.5" speaker.
Great sound quality, no complains , totally satisfied. Available at Snapdeal.

i10grand 30th January 2014 09:31 PM

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is my ICE Head unit, Its a Pionner FH-X559UI, multi color illumination, stylish desigh & great features.

i10grand 30th January 2014 10:31 PM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i10grand (Post 362873)
Hello there, Just today i installed ICE to my Grand i10 magna. Here is my recommendation for you for front door Pioneer - TS A1605C these are component speakers with Passive Crossover Network + separate tweeters. Its a 60 watt RMS per speaker total 120W RMS. Its a 6" spkr
And for the rear door Infinity Primus PR6502is , its a 70 watt RMS per speaker total 140 w RMS, this is 6.5" speaker.
Great sound quality, no complains , totally satisfied. Available at Snapdeal.

The component pionner speakers will cost you @ 3548/- after 15% discount & infinity coaxial @ 2040/- after 15% discount.

i10grand 30th January 2014 10:48 PM

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query
 
2 Attachment(s)
[:D] front component speakers & tweeter setup

sankyp 31st January 2014 05:35 PM

Bought a Grand i10 Era . Help needed.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I got delivery of my Grand i10 Era yesterday (30/01/14). I have a 1-Din Pioneer which I want to install temporarily in the car with my old speakers. Kindly help me with the following two things:

1. Removal of the stereo blank plate/facia.
2. Speakers installation. DO I need to remove the entire door pad for this?

Hyundai owners, kindly chip-in. Sort of urgent as I have planned a long trip next week. Need my RD Burman music on the way. Thank you.

I will be using this thread to share my long term ownership experience with the car. So Moderators kindly put this thread in the appropriate section.

Pic not from my car. Used fro representation only.

KALINGA 31st January 2014 11:25 PM

Re: Bought a Grand i10 Era . Help needed.
 
I am not sure , your 1 Din player will fit into this slot.
The size looks smaller for your 1 din system.

sankyp 1st February 2014 12:38 AM

Re: Bought a Grand i10 Era . Help needed.
 
1 Attachment(s)
The slot is for s 2-Din player. So a 1-Din will fit with adapters where the upper portion houses the head unit and lower portion is empty to hold CDs or the like. Pic attached.

Goaboy 1st February 2014 08:27 AM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i10grand (Post 362891)
The component pionner speakers will cost you @ 3548/- after 15% discount & infinity coaxial @ 2040/- after 15% discount.

Thanks dear ! This will definitely help me for selecting speakers. I am confused whether to buy online or not, since there are many fakes available around, please let me know your view on this. Where did you place the crossover ? Are speaker magnets affecting your both the door windows while rolling the window glasses up and down ?
Thanks for the pictures. Tweeter looks like O.E. perfect fit. But I may not get the sound quality you are getting with those speakers because of my O.E. Head unit. It will definitely improve but don't know to what extent.

i10grand 1st February 2014 06:38 PM

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaboy (Post 363199)
Thanks dear ! This will definitely help me for selecting speakers. I am confused whether to buy online or not, since there are many fakes available around, please let me know your view on this. Where did you place the crossover ? Are speaker magnets affecting your both the door windows while rolling the window glasses up and down ?
Thanks for the pictures. Tweeter looks like O.E. perfect fit. But I may not get the sound quality you are getting with those speakers because of my O.E. Head unit. It will definitely improve but don't know to what extent.

Don't worry, I have purchased hundreds of item online specially snapdeal as it have Automotive category. Here they sell are 100% genuine & original products, no duplicate products found till now.
The main this is that you'll find good price difference compared to your street market. Currently its giving 10% instant cash back on selling price but during my purchase of these speakers & Head unit it was 15% on each item [:D]. But if money is not big-deal than you can buy from any where according to your comfort.
I have placed the crossover just above the speaker, (measuring 60 degree from left angle, just for an idea) The speaker magnets are not affecting the door windows its normal as earlier.
You can check if there are RCA connectors in your O.E Head Unit for connecting Amplifier, if so then add an Amp & your sound quality will'be mind blowing. It totally depends on amp how the speaker will perform to its optimum level.

aviroopmaity 2nd February 2014 07:13 PM

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query
 
Hi,
Thanks for letting know that you have brought from Snapdeal. The problem i am facing that if i buy from Snapdeal all the reputed car accessories shops in kolkata are declining to install it on my car. I have a i10 Magna. But the snapdeal price is very low. Difference from the dealer is coming around 2000/-. please help.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2018, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.