USB Read Error in New Honda Amaze.

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title says my new Honda Amaze fails to read MP3 files from a flawless HP pen drive. I did format the pen drive and made sure the file system is FAT32 not NTFS to make sure I do whatever it takes before showing it to the dealership. The MP3s are fresh downloads and are not corrupt. They work fine in my PC.

The music player refuses to read MP3 for unknown reasons. It will play a song of two then I see this on the panel: "Connect" & later "Retry".

I can use my Apple Shuffle and play songs through it in "aux" mode however I should be getting into problems like this with a new Honda car or any car for that matter.

Honda car owners any insight of yours on this would be very helpful.

Tia.

Vivek.

Try using another pen drive and see that its not greater than 8 gb. I had similar problem with my Figo . Dell pendrive did not work, but later transcend/verbatim ones did.

Thread Starter #3
I will try Kingston/Non-HP 4gb and will update. Did some googling, it is a well known problem, some feel Honda should recall the player.
Try using another pen drive and see that its not greater than 8 gb. I had similar problem with my Figo . Dell pendrive did not work, but later transcend/verbatim ones did.

Try this, just to narrow down the problem:
1. Small size pen drive with high read speed.
2. Folders should not be beyond level 3 ( I mean subfolders)
3. Folder and File names should be small (up 32 char).
4. Don't mix different kind of music files e.g. mp3 or wav
5. Turn on music player or insert pen drive only after starting engine, to ensure proper reading, sometimes players refuse to read again if interrupted during read cycle.

Thread Starter #5
I know all this but the problem is that the player has some known issues with some pen drive brands. I just tried 2 drives, Kingston and Sandisk, both worked flawlessly.
Try this, just to narrow down the problem:
1. Small size pen drive with high read speed.
2. Folders should not be beyond level 3 ( I mean subfolders)
3. Folder and File names should be small (up 32 char).
4. Don't mix different kind of music files e.g. mp3 or wav
5. Turn on music player or insert pen drive only after starting engine, to ensure proper reading, sometimes players refuse to read again if interrupted during read cycle.

I know all this but the problem is that the player has some known issues with some pen drive brands. I just tried 2 drives, Kingston and Sandisk, both worked flawlessly.
Ok, actually I was also struggling with my JVC KW-700BT in initial days, when most of the time it was throwing read error or sometimes hanging in read cycle for infinite time, and need to select different source followed by selecting USB again etc. etc. . JVC was also behaving different for different brand pen drive of same capacity and speed. Later I settled with SanDisk 16GB pen drive which is working smoothly now.

Top Bottom