Need Help in Choosing ICE For Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I just recently bought a new Swift Vxi car. I have literally no idea about anything related to in car entertainment. I have been reading the other posts here, but they make me more confusing. And since I am in a little hurry I am starting a new thread. Could anyone suggest me a good entertainment system. The details follow:

My car: Swift Vxi

Budget range: 10,000 - 15,000 INR (entire setup including speakers)

Looking for: Single din, with bluetooth and usb access, 4 speakers no need of sub woofer.

Preferred Brands: Any good brand (Heard that sony and pioneer are good)

Queries: Should I go for 260 watts speakers or 400 watts?
Could anyone explain the difference between component speakers and co-axial speakers? How do I find whether the speaker is component or coaxial?
Where will the mike be usually situated? Will I have to yell while speaking on phone over bluetooth?
Also heard that I can get a device that can be attached to (mounted) on the steering wheel. Would it be advisable to use that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sai Swaroop

Re: Need help in choosing ICE

Coaxial speakers
These are comprised of a driver and a tweeter. This is often referred to as a two-way speaker. The driver reproduces the bass and midrange frequencies, and the tweeter reproduces the higher frequencies

Component speakers:
These consist of a bass/midrange driver, which reproduces bass and midrange frequencies and a tweeter which reproduces high frequencies

The main advantages of a component system over a coaxial speaker are better sound because of the possible installation locations for the tweeter, and a broader frequency response. Be aware that by installing the tweeter higher up on the door panel or dash, you will improve the overall sound stage and imaging of your system. Coaxial speakers do not allow you to do this. component systems are costly than coaxial.

i suggest you to stick to 260 watts speaker unless you want a blasting sound. 260 is enough for swift. the mic will be placed in the head unit. the sound hearing and transmission depends on driving conditions and mobile phone signal strength. the same Bluetooth system may perform differently in different conditions.

the entire single din set up with four speakers may cost bit over 15,000. from my experience my choices are pioneer, alpine, JVC.

Last edited:

Top Bottom