How To Install USB in HU with Working HU Controls

Thread Starter #1
How to Install USB in HU with working HU controls
Guys I need help of ICE / electronics gurus in the forum

I have arranged for a OEM nippon Ritz HU with 4 OEM speakers.The unit is 2 years old and does not come with a USB port.Though it has an aux and CD.
This is what I am talking about-

Untitled.png

Now I want to add a usb in the unit.My options are-
1 FM modulator with aux
2 get something like this installed to HU.In this case I will have to use the remote like one below while playing with USB.HU controls will not work.

100_4515.JPG 100_4519.jpg 100_4521.JPG

Now I do not prefer any of the above options since I want the HU controls to work in USB mode so that it is convenient while driving.IF not all some of the controls like volume/track change should work
So is anything /any mod to the HU possible to add USB to the HU with HU controls working in USB mode too.

I think there would be a way out since the same HU which currently comes in ritz HU has a USB like in the pic below.Notice how quite a few things are same but the button on which USB/aux is written opens up to give access to USB port.

Untitled2.png

Thread Starter #2
Guys no replies !!
Have to get the install done today , so need help urgently.
Please help me out.

I think the option will be to connect the output of the usb/card reader to your aux in.(if it have one )This way the HU functions will also work as well as the remote for this particular card/usb reader will also work.BTW what is powering this reader unit?

Thread Starter #4
In the card reader only its controls/remote work.Not the HU controls.
Yes my HU has an aux and this card reader is connected to the aux only.
With respect to powering the card reader I think it must be having a connection from the back of the HU.

Hi,
There is no way to make the HU buttons work with the USB player. The only option left with you is to connect the line out of the USB player to the aux in of the HU and use the volume function from the HU.
The circuit and coding inside the players is different and nothing can be done. I have tried this with many OE, sony, and other HUs. We can't make the buttons work.

Thread Starter #7
Guys somewhat related and plan to get it done when the dash is opene for ICE hence posting in the same thread

While getting the ICE installed today.
I am thinking of sprucing my black dash with silver/chrome inserts using sticker rolls of respective colours.

I mean my present dash is this-

IMG_0103.JPG

And I want to achieve something like this

Untitled.png

I can use chrome sheet too.Like these

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBR(U,F0t!w~~60_3.JPG

What do you guys say
Should I use silver or chrome ?

Top Bottom