Budget ICE for VW Polo

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a Polo Petrol Highline 2011 and I want to upgrade its OEM ICE (RCD 030). This car is used mostly my wife for my kid's school drop and pick-up. I drive it once or twice a week for a 100 kms trip.

I am not an audiophile my requirement are very simple. I have a Civic also and I am more than happy with its stock ICE. But I don't like polo's ICE at all. Sound is bad and no USB/Aux in HU.

So, I discussed it with a friend and decided of getting a 2-DIN HU (1-DIN will not look nice) and a pair of component speakers for front. In rear, I will leave the stock speakers because 99% of the time, no one sits in the rear.

I am almost sure that this setup will be good and I will be happy with it and in case I want something more, I will add an amp and a sub later.

Since this car is not used much, I am not willing to spend much money. So, I have decided:

1. Pioneer FH-X759BT 2-Din HU - 8.5k approx after 10% discount
Pioneer - FH X759BT CD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
I chose this over Pioneer FH-X369UB (5.9k) because there is no LED backlight colour customization to suit Polo's dash lights and over Pioneer FH-X559UI (7.6k) because I am getting Bluetooth HU for just 1k extra.

2. Infinity PR6500CS 6.5'' Component Speakers - 3.6k approx after 10% discount
Infinity - PR6500CS - 6.5'' Two Way Car Audio Component Loudspeaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

3. Scosche Dash Kit for Polo - 1.2k

Total 13,300 + wiring (???, please suggest) + installation charges.

Please give your opinion.

Also, suggest me a good installer in Gurgaon (or Delhi) to do it neatly without wire-cuts so that Polo's warranty is not void.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have a Polo Petrol Highline 2011 and I want to upgrade its OEM ICE (RCD 030). This car is used mostly my wife for my kid's school drop and pick-up. I drive it once or twice a week for a 100 kms trip.

I am not an audiophile my requirement are very simple. I have a Civic also and I am more than happy with its stock ICE. But I don't like polo's ICE at all. Sound is bad and no USB/Aux in HU.

So, I discussed it with a friend and decided of getting a 2-DIN HU (1-DIN will not look nice) and a pair of component speakers for front. In rear, I will leave the stock speakers because 99% of the time, no one sits in the rear.

I am almost sure that this setup will be good and I will be happy with it and in case I want something more, I will add an amp and a sub later.

Since this car is not used much, I am not willing to spend much money. So, I have decided:

1. Pioneer FH-X759BT 2-Din HU - 8.5k approx after 10% discount
Pioneer - FH X759BT CD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
I chose this over Pioneer FH-X369UB (5.9k) because there is no LED backlight colour customization to suit Polo's dash lights and over Pioneer FH-X559UI (7.6k) because I am getting Bluetooth HU for just 1k extra.

2. Infinity PR6500CS 6.5'' Component Speakers - 3.6k approx after 10% discount
Infinity - PR6500CS - 6.5'' Two Way Car Audio Component Loudspeaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

3. Scosche Dash Kit for Polo - 1.2k

Total 13,300 + wiring (???, please suggest) + installation charges.

Please give your opinion.

Also, suggest me a good installer in Gurgaon (or Delhi) to do it neatly without wire-cuts so that Polo's warranty is not void.
The HU you have selected is perfect but the selected components won't keep you happy unless you amp them. Have a look at pioneer components or even better Bull Audio. They are in same price range but have better bass reproduction even without amp.

Thread Starter #3
The HU you have selected is perfect but the selected components won't keep you happy unless you amp them. Have a look at pioneer components or even better Bull Audio. They are in same price range but have better bass reproduction even without amp.
Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. [thumbsup]

Can you suggest any of these:

Pioneer TS-G624C Component Speakers @ 2k (Lower is better :tongue: )
http://pioneer-india.in/shop/ts-g624c/

Pioneer TS-A1605C Component Speakers @3.8k
TS-A1605C |

Last edited:
I say go for Infinity. I've been using Infinity reference compos on the doors and 6x9 in the parcel tray in my Getz for the past four years and absolutely no problems till date. Love it to bits. I had a Pioneer system before that and this is a million times better. But I have an amp too. And a good headunit.

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #5
I say go for Infinity. I've been using Infinity reference compos on the doors and 6x9 in the parcel tray in my Getz for the past four years and absolutely no problems till date. Love it to bits. I had a Pioneer system before that and this is a million times better. But I have an amp too. And a good headunit.

Regards,
Vipin
Thanks mate. Even I have good memories of Infinity. [:)]

I had a swift in 2009 and I installed Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 HU, Infinity Reference 605cs in front and JBL GTO938 in rear parcel tray without any amp. The sound was almost perfect for me. I'ld love to have that sound in my Polo but this time, I don't want to install speakers in rear parcel tray and looking for a better looking 2-Din HU.

BTW, any idea how good is Infinity Primus series in comparison with Infinity Reference Series ?

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. [thumbsup]

Can you suggest any of these:

Pioneer TS-G624C Component Speakers @ 2k (Lower is better :tongue: )
TS-G624C |

Pioneer TS-A1605C Component Speakers @3.8k
TS-A1605C |
Out of the above two, I'd suggest TS-A1605C as it has higher RMS.

Regards,
Vipin
Thanks mate. Even I have good memories of Infinity. [:)]

I had a swift in 2009 and I installed Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 HU, Infinity Reference 605cs in front and JBL GTO938 in rear parcel tray without any amp. The sound was almost perfect for me. I'ld love to have that sound in my Polo but this time, I don't want to install speakers in rear parcel tray and looking for a better looking 2-Din HU.

BTW, any idea how good is Infinity Primus series in comparison with Infinity Reference Series ?
Reference series was amazing, no doubts, but the primus is simply not and hence suggested against it.

If you are willing to spend around 6K for components, get Morel Maximos 6.5" components. They are awesomely sweet and have enough bass.

Oh yea. How can I forget Morel Maximos. I've heard them and they are pretty good too. Nice and bassy. I don't know about the Primus series but I'm sure they will never be as good as the Reference series.
If I were you, I'd stay away from Pioneer.
And if you have passengers in the rear seat often, it would be nice to stay away from 6x9 and stick to the stock door speakers. When my mom or dad sit in the rear seat of my Getz, I turn my 6x9s off or else they'll give me an earful for hurting their ears.

Regards,
Vipin

Thank you guys. :)

So, can I finalize on Infinity Reference 6500cx 2-Way Component Speaker (270 W) ?
Infinity - Reference 6500cx - 2-Way Component Speaker (270 W) [Pair Of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
You can, but there is a small glitch. The 6500CX have the 90 RMS at 3ohms, and you will be amping them at 2 or 4 ohms, most likely at 4 ohms (as we should not amp the drivers below their optimum impedance) and so they won't be running at 90 RMS at 4ohms. Even though this is a smallish issue, still thought of letting you know.

Thread Starter #10
I have bought:

Pioneer FH-X759BT
Infinity Reference 6.5'' Component Speakers
Dash kit

I will get it install on this weekend.

Is it a good idea to install these also at one go?

JVC - KS AX3104 - 4-Channel Power Amplifier @4.9 k
JBL CS1215B 12" Subwoofer Box Enclosure @3.8 k

Top Bottom