ICE For Swift VDI Within Rs.30K

Thread Starter #1
Looking for an ICE install for my swift VDI which is arriving in 2 days.
Need to decide by today end of day so please help on this.

Budget for ICE 25-30K
Requirement: 2-Din 6.1 inch screen, USB, AUX, Bluetooth, Handsfree calling, GPS(good to have), detachable unit, Android support

Regarding speakers i need suggestions:
2 front component speakers, 2 back door speakers(co-axial/component) and 2 tweeters. Will this be a good combination. Which ones should i opt for?

Also give me the best price as i need to negotiate from MGA.

Choice of music: Soft Rock, Rock, occasional Hip hop and Electro. I would like quality of the music rather than boom boom. Not looking for amp or subwoofer.

Please advice on the best option. Also wanted to know is touch screen worth investing extra 15k?(usability point of view)

Thanks,
Aditya

Last edited:
I done ICE installation for my car Grand i10
Mine is Sony double din bluethooth Head unit.
front :JBL components
Rear: JBL coaxials (Rear People complaining the sound effect at front is missing :()
Its upto you to have a components at rear or not.

Sony Bluethooth Head unit is working like charm with Nexus 7 tab.
I am able to control all features of HU wireless using App remote feature on Tab.

If you are very particular about touch screen go for it else invest extra money in Good tab.

Last edited:

Budget for ICE 25-30K
Requirement: 2-Din 6.1 inch screen, USB, AUX, Bluetooth, Handsfree calling, GPS(good to have), detachable unit, Android support

2 front component speakers, 2 back door speakers(co-axial/component) and 2 tweeters. Will this be a good combination. Which ones should i opt for?

Choice of music: Soft Rock, Rock, occasional Hip hop and Electro. I would like quality of the music rather than boom boom. Not looking for amp or subwoofer.

Please advice on the best option. Also wanted to know is touch screen worth investing extra 15k?(usability point of view)

Thanks,
Aditya
Dear Kindly share if you have installed.

If not i can suggest you

Front component (JBL / Focal / Infinity). Doors are must to be damped if component speakers are use otherwise door will produce knocking sound. I am also thinking to do the same.

If boot required then go for door speakers at rear otherwise for 6*9 go for JBL gto 938 / infinity

Thread Starter #4
Front component (JBL / Focal / Infinity). Doors are must to be damped if component speakers are use otherwise door will produce knocking sound. I am also thinking to do the same.
If boot required then go for door speakers at rear otherwise for 6*9 go for JBL gto 938 / infinity
Hey Anupam, thanks for the info.

I need to get it done this weekend. I'm not planning for amp setup.
Front Component: Thinking of JBL or infiinty. How about JBL 938 or 959 for front and JBL 938 for rear.
I spoke to maruti dealer and he said i can get component speakers both at front and back. What will be the sound difference in this case.
Also i dont want to go for parcel tray installation untill and unless it will have significant difference in sound quality(to have extra boot space).

Which head unit will have best sound output? Due to financial constraints have dropped touch screen display.
Can do with 1 or 2-din system. But Aux, USB, Bluetooth and good sound output is must.

Regarding door damping, maruti folks said they cant do it. Where can i get that done?

Thread Starter #5
A very happy new year to all.
Got my swift ICE'd 2days back and i'm loving every bit of it.

Front: Morel Maximo 6 component speakers 8.5k
Rear: Infinty primus coaxial speakers 3.5K
HU: Pioneer - FH X759BT 9.1k
+Jacks and door damping
Total Setup: 22k

I'm loving the sound, specially the clarity morel brings in.
I was initially thinking of JBL or Hertz component speakers but zeroed on Morel in the last minute.
The only thing which is bothering me is if i paid more for morel components.

Hi,
Its finally done and the best part is its very less thanwhat you quoted. Post some images of the components, so that we will also enrich our thoughts while going for ICE setup.

Thread Starter #8
Hey Anshuman, Will try to do it by this weekend. Not getting sufficient time with my daily commute of 110kms.

Thanks Ambylovers, i'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Hey Anshuman, Will try to do it by this weekend. Not getting sufficient time with my daily commute of 110kms.

Thanks Ambylovers, i'm pretty happy with my purchase.
Please try to post some exterior pics also. And pics of the HU .

ICE for Swift VDI

HI Guys,
I am planning to buy a Swift VDI and looking for a nice 5.1 Surround effect with in the car. I will be using some components from my old car which are :

1. H.U Pioneer 1590 UB
2. Alpine 4 Ch Amp
3. JBL GTO 949

Please let me know what all equipments i need to purchase for getting a surround effect with in the car budget is limited to 25000 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ICE for Swift VDI

HI Guys,
I am planning to buy a Swift VDI and looking for a nice 5.1 Surround effect with in the car. I will be using some components from my old car which are :

1. H.U Pioneer 1590 UB
2. Alpine 4 Ch Amp
3. JBL GTO 949

Please let me know what all equipments i need to purchase for getting a surround effect with in the car budget is limited to 25000 .
Any suggestions guys, it's been a while now and i haven't got any response :(

Budget for ICE 25-30K

Thanks,
Aditya
If you looking for some premium features like GPS support, Android support etc. then Pioneer 8690BT is available in market with price around 28000, offcourse your need to negotiate a little for the best price.

According to me there are very few 2din's in market with same feature and easily available.
Also think about ASS.

Regarding speaker you have so many options right from JBL, Sony, Pioneer etc.

Hello everyone,
Sorry to bump into an old thread, but I need help from you all.
I am planning to change music system in my Swift Vdi (old model). Request you to please suggest me the best ones available in my budget.
FYI, below is the required configuration:
1.) I want to retain the old HU, and I believe its a 2 channel HU
2.) 6X9 3 way speakers in the tray (I am looking for decent amount of bass, no BOOM BOOM for sure)
3.) Front door component budget
4.) 4 channel amp
5.) Wiring harness for the said setup
6.) Budget 18-20k (max limit)

Request you to please recommend the best or at least optimum speakers for the above mentioned configuration.

Thank you all in advance.

Thread Starter #15
- Front Door Component: You can go fo JBL GTO series or Infinity speaker...would cost you around 4-5k. For a higher budget i would suggest, go for Focal/Morel. I personally have morel and i can personally vouch for its audio clarity.

- Tray: i would suggest you JBL GTO 949. Its one of the best in the range.

- Amp: JBL GT-X series, on a higher range HERTZ 4 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER HE series. You can also go for Alpine or kenwood amps. A good amp will cost you around 8-10k

Wiring- Don't compromise with wiring quality. It is one of the most imp part of the system. Also do get the dampings done in the door.

If you are retaining ur old unit, you can check for RCA splitter for your 4-channel amp.
Down side is amp has to work hard and the output will be distorted due to low voltage.
You can think of changing ur HU later for a 4channel and use ur amp to its full potential.

Also and amp without a sub woofer is a waste of money.

I would personally suggest, invest in a good component speakers and co-axial speakers for now and gradually add subs, amps and a better HU.

An amp setup in 18k is a compromise. My setup costed 22k and i don't have an amp or sub and i'm pretty satisfied with it.

Top Bottom