Budget ICE for Honda City 2009 i-VTECH

Thread Starter #1
> Your Car: honda city(S) ivtech

> Budget Range:5-10K

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.)
increasing the SQ for the headunit.
front components with tweeters.
upgrades if required for my old setup.
> Preferred Brands (If any):
none
> Preferred Music Genre:
good mids and very good highs
> Existing Audio Setup:
i have a company fitted HU and 4 company fitted components. it came with the car. i have purchased a used car.

i have a JBL 1150W sub,soundbarrier 4 channel amp,houstann 600W coaxials. from my old car.
> Misc. Details / Specific Questions:
i would like to replace the front components with some very good ones. also want to keep my HU as it looks good with the dashboard but want to increase its SQ output.
for the rear i think my coaxial will do fine. same goes for the amp and woofer.
Still if you feel any upgrades are necessary. i could consider :) ty

Re: Budget ICE for Honda City 2009 IVTECH

Hey buddy, from your post i could make out that you are looking to primarily upgrade the fronts (correct me if i am wrong). For fronts you can look for components from RF, Morels, Hertz, Bull Audio. My pick would be Bull Audio followed by Morels. Soundbarrier amps are quite under rated as they are capable of some serious power. Make sure you have the sub in a sealed box for that tight crisp base.

The components should cost you around 6K. For the remaining 4K look for a used (good condition) digital 7-band equalizer from Pio. This can be installed in the glove box too if you do not want any dash mods. This shall increase the audio nirvana in your ride by leaps and bounds. Make sure you keep the gains a bit low for the new components for initial 20-30 hours of playing.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Thread Starter #3

pls elaborate a little more on the equalizer and how will it help :/ where would it fit.

also the front components and sub should be connected to the amp right?

Thread Starter #4

also morel which model. and how is hertz? my friend got installed in his swift for 5.5K. they sound amazing. should i go for that or morel or rf?

next question this is the size of my current box. is it fine?
the other option the person offers me is the MDF box which is slightly bigger than this. and has a slim rectangular opening instead of a small circle in this. also it's wood is much much thicker and heavier.

Attachments

pls elaborate a little more on the equalizer and how will it help :/ where would it fit.

also the front components and sub should be connected to the amp right?
also morel which model. and how is hertz? my friend got installed in his swift for 5.5K. they sound amazing. should i go for that or morel or rf?

next question this is the size of my current box. is it fine?
the other option the person offers me is the MDF box which is slightly bigger than this. and has a slim rectangular opening instead of a small circle in this. also it's wood is much much thicker and heavier.
An additional equalizer offers a lotof customization options over the oem head units. Also it has a preamp that boosts the signal to the amp. It is a half din sized device. Yes the components should be amped via front 2 channels of the amp.

You can opt morel maximos 6.5". I'd prefer morels over hertz as they are more neutral and relatively laid back than hertz which are a bit bright.
Your sub box is already too big and I m sure it is not as per specs if the sub. Any bigger and the bass would become loose and hollow. I'd suggest you to ditch this box and get a new one made to exact specs. Also I like sealed boxes more as they give tight bass rather than loud bass.

Top Bottom