My Xenos Xcit DVD HU - 2 Problems

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I have Xenos - Xcite- XCT-DVU-165 Audio HU installed in my car.

There are couple of issues which I require some expertise suggetions. Out of two, one I had already posted in of the thread. But I thought of raising it again since the problem is unresolved.

Problem 1
Hope you all know that tags of the song/mp3 will be displayed as running letters in our head unit. In my head unit, it displays only the first letter of the value alone. For example in album tag I have 'Billa' as album name. It displays as 'Album : B' and the same format repeats for artists and others also. Have anyone of you face such problem before in any other sets and have you solved it or not?

Problem 2
This was the problem I was talking about in the first para. I have posted the same problem in TAI but am yet to get a solution.

The problem is, it looks like that the front speaker is louder than my rear speaker. When I check in FAD option it is in ZERO. Because of this problem I always keep rear volume in 5 or 6. So that front and rear sounds get balanced.

Last month when I met a accessory shop guy for my rear camera problem, he had to remove entire HU from its place. At that time I told him about this problem and suddenly he said the wires to the speakers are are connected ulta (+ / -). But then when I suggest that we can switch points easily since I have simple electrical plug and we tried but no improvement. So it is clear that is not the problem.

Any Ideas friends?

Sethu sir,

Though i have same HU with me, i am not using this for the past 1 year and i don't not remember the display. Regarding 1st problem, I think you can check it on the user manual for this. Idint got the user manual, because i got this as a replacement for the previous HU which got complaint on guarantee period.
Reg problem 2- usually we feel just opposite of the same. In my car(Pioneer HU), i always feel like only rear speakers working. Even one of my close friend, who travel with me on most of my trips asked me, is there only rear speakers? from that time onwards , i keep front speakers volume +5 higher. so that i could feel all 4 speakers.
I was using the xenos HU, in my old 800 which has only 2 speakers in the rear.
I think may be this is because of the rear speakers are bigger and more powerful or the HU designed in that way. If possible,please try changing the wires which connected to front speakers to rear and vice versa. may be they connected wrongly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Sethu sir,

Though i have same HU with me, i am not using this for the past 1 year and i don't not remember the display. Regarding 1st problem, I think you can check it on the user manual for this. Idint got the user manual, because i got this as a replacement for the previous HU which got complaint on guarantee period.
Reg problem 2- usually we feel just opposite of the same. In my car(Pioneer HU), i always feel like only rear speakers working. Even one of my close friend, who travel with me on most of my trips asked me, is there only rear speakers? from that time onwards , i keep front speakers volume +5 higher. so that i could feel all 4 speakers.
I was using the xenos HU, in my old 800 which has only 2 speakers in the rear.
I think may be this is because of the rear speakers are bigger and more powerful or the HU designed in that way. If possible,please try changing the wires which connected to front speakers to rear and vice versa. may be they connected wrongly.
That could n't be a problem friend. Because in the settings fade option correctly controls front and rear. That means no connection problem. Could there be less output power (or whatever) to the rear speakers. Adding an amp could solve this? (Even though am not a guy who wants a blasting sound in the car, already in this sound itself it is hard to listen outside warnings/horns)

I think it is normal to here from front speakers more, when you are in front seats. Apart from this, are you really feels the sound output from the rear speakers are less? i mean you are sitting in the rear seat and still you can hear, front speakers, then i think, there may be some problem. There may be different reasons for this, like
- connecting the wires wrongly may be effected the HU Amp/quality of wires/ connecters/ speaker position.
Adding an Amp surely solve the issue, if it is due to the HU.

Thread Starter #5
I think it is normal to here from front speakers more, when you are in front seats. Apart from this, are you really feels the sound output from the rear speakers are less? i mean you are sitting in the rear seat and still you can hear, front speakers, then i think, there may be some problem. There may be different reasons for this, like
- connecting the wires wrongly may be effected the HU Amp/quality of wires/ connecters/ speaker position.
Adding an Amp surely solve the issue, if it is due to the HU.
Yes you could be right about me sitting in front seat and tend to hear more sound from front speakers. I have never sit in rear seat of my car till date (completed 2 years) so I cant comment. If possible in this week let me try this.

Generally my wife and son sit in the rear side and mostly my son used to complain that rear speakers are not that loud.

Top Bottom