Suggestions For a Cheap Sub-Woofer

Thread Starter #1
Hey everybody, I am planning to install a sub woofer or bass tube for honda city ivtec. I just want some bass and it doesn't have to be the best around.
Budget is tight and only requirement is it should have a warranty atleast.
I was also wondering, can I connect it directly to my cars head unit which is the stock caska unit found in a 13 city?
I am ready to go for a bass tube if its cheaper. And also will my battery will be unaffected by this?

Re: Suggest a cheap sub woofer?

Hi,
Do not go for cheap/chinese sub-woofers or bass tubes. The circuitry inside goes kaput very soon.
Please provide with the output specifications of the HU.
If the output is 50~54W per channel then you can install a pair of 10 or 12" Harman or Ahuja woofer. These are the one used in Dj systems. This is the best option in low budget. I have one installed in my car. These will provide you decent bass but not the BOOM-BOOM. A 10" 200W harman woofer with box will cause you 600~700 rupees.

I can't believe my self that I am suggesting a SONY. [cry] Since you just want some bass so you can get this:
Sony - XS GTX1212L - 30cm In Car Subwoofer - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com for 2K

Don't try to power a sub off a HU directly, you might blow the mosfets, get a sound barrier 2-ch amp should be around 2-3K. Add 1K for wiring and stuff.

Alternatively look for nice stuff in used options.

Thread Starter #4

I can't believe my self that I am suggesting a SONY. [cry] Since you just want some bass so you can get this:
Sony - XS GTX1212L - 30cm In Car Subwoofer - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com for 2K

Don't try to power a sub off a HU directly, you might blow the mosfets, get a sound barrier 2-ch amp should be around 2-3K. Add 1K for wiring and stuff.

Alternatively look for nice stuff in used options.
can you also suggest an amp? And do I have to enclose this sub ? how much is the enclosing box for?

can you also suggest an amp? And do I have to enclose this sub ? how much is the enclosing box for?
I did buddy, Soundbarrier. Alternatively you can get the fake Alpine also, I guess the no. is MR222. It was a big hit a few years back. Better to enclose the sub as that way it would sound better than in free air. Get a local MDF bos shouldn't be more than 500-800 rupees.

Why are you going for a sub when you don't have a decent budget at pesent, I mean wait a few months, collect cash and get better products.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

I did buddy, Soundbarrier. Alternatively you can get the fake Alpine also, I guess the no. is MR222. It was a big hit a few years back. Better to enclose the sub as that way it would sound better than in free air. Get a local MDF bos shouldn't be more than 500-800 rupees.

Why are you going for a sub when you don't have a decent budget at pesent, I mean wait a few months, collect cash and get better products.
I actually dont intend to use it much. And I need other more important mods also.
why did you say that sony that its unbelievable that you are suggesting sony?And do you know of any shop in noida?

I actually dont intend to use it much. And I need other more important mods also.
why did you say that sony that its unbelievable that you are suggesting sony?And do you know of any shop in noida?
I just hate SONY, the are the crappiest when comes to ICE. In Noida Sec-16, try Car Ronak it's on the main road almost after taking the first entry road to sec-16.

@fd,is it unscientific to fit a subwoofer without amplifier?
It's not unscientific buddy (liked the word [;)]) but it's not intelligent. The situation is same as plugging an home AC to a car battery. [evil] Subs draw greater power and need to reproduce lower freq. and hence the signal needs amplification. A sub played off a HU directly would hardly produce any bass.

I am in similar situation in which the fellow TAIan tff is now. Sorry for hijacking his thread without his permission, I hope he won't mind as I am his forum friend. I want a sub and an amplifier for blaupunkt OE HU of my manza. Is it required to change the OE speakers?
The tech specs are as follows.

Attachments

I am in similar situation in which the fellow TAIan tff is now. Sorry for hijacking his thread without his permission, I hope he won't mind as I am his forum friend. I want a sub and an amplifier for blaupunkt OE HU of my manza. Is it required to change the OE speakers?
No, you don't need to change the OE speakers. You must be having 4 OE speakers 2 in front and 2 at the rear. The HU has separate output port for connecting the amp. The amp would be connected to that port and the sub to the amp. Just make sure you get proper wiring done for the amp.

Thread Starter #12

From where did you get these? I cant find , my hondas caska one,

Hi Theferrarifan/Tornado,

Can you both let the us know your budget? You guys need an amplifier to power a subwoofer right? So things needed for this:-

2 channel amplifier
Subwoofer
8 Gauge Amplifier wiring kit

Do let us know your budget please and we can suggest products accordingly.

Regards,
Sankar

@sn, It should be cheap for pocket and should not be cheap in quality. Do not know how to fix budget for amplifier and subwoofer.

Top Bottom