Sony Head Unit

Thread Starter #1
The moment i hear the sony head unit , i love its quality but its life is very very less

Atlast after many official discussion last year , now sony has introduced new models.

New model in each section and hurray the price is also reduced.

This happened last 3 months back , and really the performance is good. No problem till now for the sets installed through pondicherry.

Then lens and board is changed at whole .

So now on we can rely on sony head units too[clap]

Are you telling Sony has reduced the price and introduced more variants, if yes, then its good. Sony is so much popular in electronics field, but in auto HU, somehow, it didn't click.

What is the website?

Thread Starter #4
The price reduction is for boosting of sales and the lens problem is solved now

The whole lens set and board is new design. Sony official said this. And till now 3 dvd playes have been sold and its response is good. Also all other retailers says these.

I am fan only for its audio output. But it was not reliable. Hope from now on i'll be a happy man.

the official website http://www.sony.co.in/productcategory/ice-visual

The news

http://www.carwale.com/news/3818-sony-launches-new-xplod-in-car-music-system.html
-----------Next Post-----------
This is the one which i plan to install this week

http://www.motorbeam.com/general/sony-introduces-new-ice-line-up/

1606 dvd one

Last edited:
Hmmm this is good news because my dad is a die-hard Sony fan and he is planning to upgrade the HU in Safari to a Dvd / USB in SOny!!

somehow, sony has left a very bad impression in my mind, especially when it comes to car ICE. so i will never buy a sony now, whatever be the case. infact, i even rejected a sony LCD TV & bought a samsung despite knowing that sony TVs are really good!

Thread Starter #7
except in car HU in other sections sony were good.

i plan to replace mine with sony. The thing i want is normally selling car dvd players as spares will be avail easily if at all any repair happens
-----------Next Post-----------
Hmmm this is good news because my dad is a die-hard Sony fan and he is planning to upgrade the HU in Safari to a Dvd / USB in SOny!!

Be cautious , new model have model number changed , New models are better now. The new cataloge is dark colour.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Thanks raj

First it was with a pioneer dvd player 3950
front pioneer speakers 4 incher
rear jbl 300 watt 6x9

Now i got a sony 4 incher as promotional offer from dealer(Only i can get , for my business sony's present also a promotional offer for present store. They give like this once in 3 months )

So now the sony 1606 dvd , sony 4 incher and same jbl 300 watt at rear

the picture is my older set up with subs

Attachments

Congrats Ilango , the HU is looking cool!! We are looking something similar for my Safari!!

My dad is a blind truster of Sony , he buys everything from Sony only Home theaters , Dvd players Tv etc!!

but ilango, do you think sony products are good? you say the HU has improved. what about the speakers? till now, i have seen that sony speakers/amp/woofers are inferior compared to the competition.

also, what amps are running the 2 subs & speakers? how does the JBL sub perform with respect to the sony sub? i am asking you since you have both in your car.

i am not biased to any brand, infact i myself have a sony amp & sony co-axials in my scorpio, but i am waiting desperately to get it changed.

Thread Starter #15
Sony speakers are nothing compared to anything. even a duplicate pioneer perform well than sony.

I said only the sets have improved

Comparing the subs , jbl has awesome effect than the sony. sony has less thum effect for the same amp when jbl is connected

It was run by a 2 channel kenwood amp then ,

Top Bottom