Swift ZDI Stock Audio Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
> Your Car: Swift ZDI

> Budget Range: 5K - 10K if the stock stereo is good enough to handle two rear oval speakers along with the speakers in the rear door.
Worried that i might loose the steering controls if i go for an after market HU.
Else plan is to replace the HU with JVC or Pioneer.

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.)
Full Setup

> Preferred Brands (If any):
Pioneer / JVC
JVC KWAV71BT 7-Inch DVD-CD-USB Bluetooth Receiver
or
Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7"

> Existing Audio Setup:
Stock HU with 4 stock speakers and 2 tweeters

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions:
Stage 1:
I will be going to the U.S next week and am planning to get an HU either ones mentioned above(afraid that i might loose the stock steering controls if i go for an aftermarket HU).
Am planning to get oval speakers for the Stock HU and power them along with the rear door speaker.
Please advise if the Stock HU be able to handle this, if so kindly suggest me a good set of speakers i can go for ?
If this does not suffice i plan of upgrading the HU.

Stage 2: I plan to get an amplifier and a subwoofer and get them installed.
I can see that there two ways in which this can be done.
Get a 4 channel amp to power the components and a mono block for the subwoofer.

Please let me know your views also.
Is there a way in which the steering controls on the ZDi can be matched to the after market HU's.

Thread Starter #2
I have finally settled in getting the JVC HU. Went to the MGA in Chennai and got a confirmation that the steering controls can be integrated with the JVC HU am not sure about the pioneer one though.

Can some one please help with the speakers if there is a better option for the price range.
Option is to get Polk Audio DB6501 components for the front and Polk Audio DB651 for the rear.

Should we not go for all components in front and rear? am a noob in this topic.

Please also suggest me an amplifier that i can use..
Am planning to get the installation in the Maruti service center itself and they advise me to go for Sony Xplod amplifier.

I have finally settled in getting the JVC HU. Went to the MGA in Chennai and got a confirmation that the steering controls can be integrated with the JVC HU am not sure about the pioneer one though.

Can some one please help with the speakers if there is a better option for the price range.
Option is to get Polk Audio DB6501 components for the front and Polk Audio DB651 for the rear.

Should we not go for all components in front and rear? am a noob in this topic.

Please also suggest me an amplifier that i can use..
Am planning to get the installation in the Maruti service center itself and they advise me to go for Sony Xplod amplifier.
Could you ask the personnel at MGA on how they will integrate steering control with JVC unit? If it's possible with JVC then it will surely be possible with Pioneer HU as well. Mysuggestion is go for Pioneer AVH-P8490BT which comes with 4V pre-outs but actually gives out 5V which is the best in ICE.

Costs 25-26k.

Can you let me know the budget you have for your ICE and what type of music do you prefer and we can suggest accordingly.

Do you want SQ setup or SPL setup?

Regards,
Sankar

Mpasanthosh,

Let me know which HU you finally settled with ? I am planning to buy one from amazon.com and searching which one would best fit in my new swift dzire. My budget is around 20 k.

Munit

Could you ask the personnel at MGA on how they will integrate steering control with JVC unit? If it's possible with JVC then it will surely be possible with Pioneer HU as well. Mysuggestion is go for Pioneer AVH-P8490BT which comes with 4V pre-outs but actually gives out 5V which is the best in ICE.

Costs 25-26k.

Can you let me know the budget you have for your ICE and what type of music do you prefer and we can suggest accordingly.

Do you want SQ setup or SPL setup?

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom