Stock AVN System For Honda City 2013

Thread Starter #1
Hey fellas,

Recently, I booked a Honda City S(A/T). Only one thing I don't like much about it is the stock head unit. It doesn't have bluetooth and a big screen. [glasses]

So, I an thinking of getting a better head unit.
Honda is offering a AVN system worth 45k which includes bluetooth, navigation and a big screen and other basic stuffs included.

I wanted to ask is 45k worth for company fitted system or should i get an aftermarket head unit for it. (recommendations for other HUs also please)

I am not an audiophile but like to listen decent quality music. Display quality of touch screen matters a bit to me.
Navigation is not a must but would be great if included.
Also i want to pair it up with my parking camera and steering mounted controls.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

I think Rs. 45000 is too much for a HU. You can get many aftermarket HUs with everything enabled for at least Rs. 10000 less than this. The only catch is that Honda are very finicky about their warranty policy. Please clarify with the dealer if there would be any warranty issues if you go for an aftermarket HU. Ideally, warranty should not get affected if no wires are cut/spliced for installation. You may probably like to hunt for a HU that could be plugged with the existing connectors.

Regards,
Sam

Nikhil, what was your call on the AVN part, New aftermarket AVN or from Honda Dealer. am also planing for one to my 2012 vmt city [:D]

Last edited:

Top Bottom