ICE For Maruti Alto Under Rs.10K Budget

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, please find below my requirement.

> Your Car: Alto (Old model)

> Budget Range: 8-10k (max limit)

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.) Full setup with two front and rear speakers

> Preferred Brands (If any): JBL (open to advise)

> Preferred Music Genre: Bollywood,classical,rock

> Existing Audio Setup: N/A

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Will i be able to put 6'' speakers in front either in dash or in deck.

Narrowed down to few products, please advise if it looks good enough

HU: Pioneer - MVH 159UI Digital Media Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Front:JBL - GT6 S266 - 6.5'' 220 W Coaxial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Rear:JBL - GTO 949 - 400W 6''x9 '' 3-Way Coaxial Loudspeaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Also please let me know if i need an amp to power up all the speakers, if yes how can i manage it in the given budget.

Many thanks in advance

Re: ICE for my Alto in 10k

You have to mod the door pad to fix a 6" Speaker at front,If not willing to do it,then you have to settle for 4" Speakers on Dashboard,JBL CS4 is a good option. Other items are fine.[:)]

Thread Starter #3
Hi Aneesh, i am ok to mod the door pad, please let me know if the door pad can accommodate the 6''.
Also please let me know if the HU is sufficient to power up all the 4 speakers.
If i buy all the products online where is the good place in kolkata for professional installation.

Last edited:
Hi Aneesh, i am ok to mod the door pad, please let me know if the door pad can accommodate the 6''.
You can fix 6" on the doors if you have power windows,otherwise it difficult.The roller will hit the speakers when you roll down the windows.

Also please let me know if the HU is sufficient to power up all the 4 speakers.
It will work,but of you need more power out of the GTO 949,get a 2Ch amp to power it.[:)]

If i buy all the products online where is the good place in kolkata for professional installation.
I am from kerala,So no idea about it.[:D]

Thread Starter #5
You can fix 6" on the doors if you have power windows,otherwise it difficult.The roller will hit the speakers when you roll down the windows.
No power window for me, so should i opt for 5.25''? I am not really convinced for 4'' as review says it makes little to no impact.

It will work,but of you need more power out of the GTO 949,get a 2Ch amp to power it.
Any suggestion on the amp which can be included in my budget

No power window for me, so should i opt for 5.25''?
Dont know about 5.25" Speakers,Haven't seen them.

I am not really convinced for 4'' as review says it makes little to no impact.
I am not an audiophile,4" Speakers will gives you vocals and Treble,But no bass.I am satisfied with it.[;)]

Any suggestion on the amp which can be included in my budget
A basic 2 Ch amp will costs you nearly 3-3.5k.[:)]

Hi guys, please find below my requirement.
> Your Car: Alto (Old model)
> Budget Range: 8-10k (max limit)
> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.) Full setup with two front and rear speakers
> Preferred Brands (If any): JBL (open to advise)
> Preferred Music Genre: Bollywood,classical,rock
> Existing Audio Setup: N/A
> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Will i be able to put 6'' speakers in front either in dash or in deck.
Narrowed down to few products, please advise if it looks good enough
HU: Pioneer - MVH 159UI Digital Media Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Front:JBL - GT6 S266 - 6.5'' 220 W Coaxial Speakers (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Rear:JBL - GTO 949 - 400W 6''x9 '' 3-Way Coaxial Loudspeaker (Pair Of Speakers) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com
Also please let me know if i need an amp to power up all the speakers, if yes how can i manage it in the given budget.
Many thanks in advance
Hi @ Butun
your budget is a little tight. Selection of Pioneer MVH-159UI is Good as for as basic player needs. A little advice from my side in your budget:

Pioneer MVH-159UI Rs. 3000 - 3200 (Any Basic Head Unit is capable to Handle only 50 W x 4) = 200 W Total Output. You need front and rare speakers in this output (200W) range if you want a better quality sound for every type of music.

Front Speakers: Kicker ES40 10 cm (4 Inch) 2 Way Speakers / Power Handling 90W Max – 30W RMS Rs. 2000 - 2200 Don't Think that how a 4" speaker will produce better sound. I personally tested they produce perfect & better sound. You can fit in your dashboard and no need for alteration or modification in doors.

Rare Speakers: Kicker DS693 3 Way Speaker (Power Handling 140W Max – 70W RMS) Rs. 5400 - 5800

As per my knowledge and personal experiments this setup should be in proper manner for you. Still if you don't want more power there are no need of AMP.

Also please let me know if the HU is sufficient to power up all the 4 speakers. If i buy all the products online where is the good place in kolkata for professional installation.
For above given setup your HU is sufficient to handle 30 + 70 x 2 = 200W. Please don't go for online purchasing. All Electronic parts should be purchased after personal supervision and testing. search a good dealer nearby your locality and ask him for your requirement. If dealer is reliable than he will also give you a demonstration. You will also able to barging on prices.

No power window for me, so should i opt for 5.25''? I am not really convinced for 4'' as review says it makes little to no impact.
Right now I am using only Pioneer DEH-4490BT HU and Kicker ES40 Front Speakers in my new Alto K10. Even I choose ES40 after a lot of testing and experiments in 4 inch segment. Next plan to add DS693 in rare. Sound output is ultimate.

All these are good for a regular and quality music listener. If you need more loudness than you need to add an AMP. you are able to connect only a 2 Chanel AMP because your HU have only one RCA preout.

[:)]

Hi Butan I will suggest you this shop for car accessories.

city : Kolkata

Shop Name : Xclusive

Address: 112, Shanti Pally Road, East Calcutta Township, Kolkata, 700107 (Near Ruby Hospital)

contact person : Mr. Arun (M # 09051299731)

My personal experience is very good for any car accessories.

Thread Starter #12
Hi @ Butun
your budget is a little tight. Selection of Pioneer MVH-159UI is Good as for as basic player needs. A little advice from my side in your budget:

Pioneer MVH-159UI Rs. 3000 - 3200 (Any Basic Head Unit is capable to Handle only 50 W x 4) = 200 W Total Output. You need front and rare speakers in this output (200W) range if you want a better quality sound for every type of music.
Thanks Robin79in for your in depth details. I am planning to add an amp at a later point of time. For the time being please let me know if i could choose a more powerful HU for handling all the four speakers.

Please don't go for online purchasing
I am getting better deals online than from my dealers that's why i am looking to buy online. Please let me know if you are concerned about online purchase warranty.

Thread Starter #13
Hi Butan I will suggest you this shop for car accessories.

city : Kolkata

Shop Name : Xclusive

Address: 112, Shanti Pally Road, East Calcutta Township, Kolkata, 700107 (Near Ruby Hospital)

contact person : Mr. Arun (M # 09051299731)

My personal experience is very good for any car accessories.
Thanks a ton, i will give him a call before dropping over to check for myself.

For the time being please let me know if i could choose a more powerful HU for handling all the four speakers.

I am getting better deals online than from my dealers that's why i am looking to buy online. Please let me know if you are concerned about online purchase warranty.
There is no way a standard size head unit will output 50W RMS x 4 – they simply don't have enough surface area to cope with the heat output. Modern head units typically output about 15W RMS, give or take a few watts. The HU should be fulfill your needs of features which you wants. Don't spent more money on HU if Pioneer MVH-159UI is suitable for you. Next you can add a 2 channel amp for your rare speaker.

Some of my friends faced problems during online purchase.
50w is peak,normally all Head Units produces only around 15-20W RMS per channel.
My Dear you are right. I just calculating only 60% output ratio. and if we will put some best speakers in that case they will capable to handle a standard amplifier power. Butun wants to add an amp in future that's why I suggesting this combination of speakers.

Top Bottom