LCD Screen For Cars: Portable / Headrest Mounted

Thread Starter #1
anyone have a good suggestion for a 3.5 or 4" LCD that I can mount inside my car? preferably one that is powered by USB since I have a USB power outlet.

would be better if its a Windshield mount or Dash mount

Thanks

Re: Looking for a portable LCD for car

dear friend

i have installed one in my car cot was 2900/- it was 7 inch in size after5 month it is dead.
According to my experience instead of buying simple LCD buy a TAB of some non branded company that will serve as display ,GPS,Media player,and so many functions
This can be easily installed using TAB holder in a car
TAB starts from 3000/- check naaptol.com
LCD has only usb player,FM and display

Thanks
plz dont mind this is my view choice is yours[glasses]

Thread Starter #3

dear friend

i have installed one in my car cot was 2900/- it was 7 inch in size after5 month it is dead.
According to my experience instead of buying simple LCD buy a TAB of some non branded company that will serve as display ,GPS,Media player,and so many functions

Thanks
thanks for ur advise. is it possible to fit the tab holder in the dash board ?

i hope we can able to charge the TAB through the power outlet.

pls give me your ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Looking For a Portable LCD For Car

holder will fix at windshield (suction cup)
yes you can charge it through any charger

Last edited by a moderator:

dear friend

Thanks
+1 to the above suggestion.

I would recommend a Asus Nexus 7 tablet with 3G sim slot. My reasons:
1. The tab can be used for navigation, and it is way better than a 3/4 inch navigation system. You could install offline navigation system on the tablet
2. With 3G sim slot, you have data access on the go in the tablet (say, for directions, or some other updates, etc)
3. Why the nexus 7: It has huge support from the developer community, and there will be tonnes of improvements and customozations that you do with tab (example: Nexus 7 clean car install with backup cam - xda-developers)
4. You could use it in places other than you car. For example, on a vacation, etc, the tab can be carried around to read, or watch movies, or even browse the internet.

Price for 32GB (WiFi+3G) is Rs.21000 in India

holder will fix at windshield (suction cup)
yes u can charge it through any charger
If you can get the tablet fixed into the front panel (in such a way that you can slide is in/out), it will be much better. I feel holding the 7" tablet on the windshield will block your view.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Portable Lcd display

Can any one suggest me a Portable Lcd display which can be fit in the car.

Please let me know.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Portable Lcd display

Can any one suggest me a Portable Lcd display which can be fit in the car.

Please let me know.
Jawahar, I have used a R&D brand LCD in my Honda City I-vtec. It comes with a usb cable for attaching pen drives and has a card reader too. Its 7 inch screen with remote and costed me INR 4800/- for 1 piece. Very easy to fix and operate. Got a warranty from them too.

Here is a pic for reference:

IMG_0625.JPG

Hope it helps.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Looking For a Portable LCD For Car

I was also looking for fitting one of those screens in my car, but didn't wanted those headrest ones (the screen size gets limited), so explored a few options:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/world-tech-car-lcd-roof/28000410#bcrumbSearch:|bcrumbLabelId:311
This one is also given by Mahindra if you request for a roof lcd player in the showroom accessory shop.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hybridvision-roof-mount-car-screen/684328499
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hybridvision-lcd-video-screen-car/931907829

Some more sorted out from Ebay:

15 4 Inch Roof Mount CAR Overhead Flip Down LCD Monitor 1024x760 Video AV Input | eBay

10' Roof Mounted CAR DVD DIVX MP4 Monitor Flip Down LCD With Remote USB SD Card | eBay

Still trying to select the best one of the lot, Hope it Helps.

LCD/ LED screen for the rear seats

Hi, I am looking for a video screen for my Honda Brio/ Swift (only if plug and play, otherwise will fix it in Brio). Any size bigger than 9" with HD support will be preferred. I don't have a removable headrest in the car, so not looking for such models and roof mount screens. I don't need any functions like USB, remote etc but just a decent screen with 1 'VIDEO IN' that can be mounted on the rear side of the front seats. Budget is 5K and can be increased if any good quality branded products are available.

Re: LCD/ LED screen for the rear seats

I'm using World tech head rest LCD on my safari. It's a class product. very reliable and has got display quality.

I'm using World tech head rest LCD on my safari. It's a class product. very reliable and has got display quality.
I don't have a removable headrest in the car, so not looking for such models and roof mount screens.
Please have a look at the kind of seat I am having. Actually I am looking for some models as in the 2nd pic.

Image Sources: Brio ownership review by nitin_k, Photobucket.com/user AudiA4B6US

Attachments

Hi, I am looking for a video screen for my Honda Brio/ Swift (only if plug and play, otherwise will fix it in Brio). Any size bigger than 9" with HD support will be preferred. I don't have a removable headrest in the car, so not looking for such models and roof mount screens. I don't need any functions like USB, remote etc but just a decent screen with 1 'VIDEO IN' that can be mounted on the rear side of the front seats. Budget is 5K and can be increased if any good quality branded products are available.
Hi,
Found some Interesting Products for Your Good Use, sorted out two as per your budget and requirement, please feel free to browse through all the options as were are many to choose from.
I was looking for any Indian products from Worldtech etc. but there are very few options, also the MapMyIndia Carpad seems to be very Expensive.

High Definition !! 10.1inch Auo Digital Screen Android 4.0 Car Back Seat Lcd Monitor With Wifi,3g Function - Buy Car Back Seat Lcd Monitor,10 Inch Backseat Entertainment For Sharan,Headrest Monitor 1280*800 Product on Alibaba.com

9" Android headrest Car Pad with Wifi, 3G, View Android headrest Car Pad, ViewTech Product Details from Dongguan ViewTech Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Hope this Helps[:D]

Hi, Found some Interesting Products for Your Good Use, sorted out two as per your budget and requirement, please feel free to browse through all the options as were are many to choose from.
Hi Rohit, thanks for the reply. I think the models you suggested are tablets, and in the specs I couldn't find them to have an RCA VIDEO IN. As I said in the first post I don't need too many functions( USB, wifi etc) but a simple HD screen with RCA video in, which can be connected to my HU. If mine was an SUV I would have gone for a 17" TV or Computer screen but its a hatch.

Please advice me on mapmyindia headrest display for my xuv5oo.Also let me know the installation difficulties and wiring issues if any.

Thanks in advance....

Top Bottom