Thread Starter #1
Friends,

Car: Swift Dzire VDI 2011 Model
Budget : Less than 10000 (1000-10000)
Looking For : Making sound to music
Preferred Brands: Nothing of that sort
Preferred Music Genre: No Boom Boom songs
Existing Audio Setup: Stock Audio

I am looking for making my audio sound to become like music with minimum investment. I do not want to change the neat looking 2 DIN HU. Not worried about usb slot.

Can I make it better without changing the HU? I want to listen clearer music. More detailed music.
Searched forum for the same kind of queries. But every thread was different from one another. So, ended up asking in a separate thread.

It is not necessary to spend 10K for it.
Want to keep the investment minimal. I do not take the car out everyday.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
appus

Pioneer stereo's are more good on cars as their lenses are less sensitive to dust and dirt unlike other stereo's, as per my experience.
A combination of Pioneer to JBL speakers are also advisable.
A chip wood parcel tray with oval speakers will bring you good quality music.
i would snuggest you to go for a stereo with an USB even if you are not worried of it.
Good luck.

@Appus

I have seen some great setup with our member "thegreatv" from Bangalore, Yes it play a nice music and was great experience enjoying that in his Swift, hope he will be the right person to suggest something on this[:)]

Change the HU to pioneer(~5000) with USB and get the Bull audio compos(~4500 for a pair). And you are good to go. CDs are a pain but SQ is there in original CDs, so USB is a better option.

Since you are not looking at investing on HU, you can spend on good speakers for better sound! You have many options in different ranges. If you are not interested in a subwoofer in future its better not to change the HU. We will be able to help you better if you decide on how much you want to spend exactly.

Thread Starter #6
Thank you Alex,
Thank you RK , he replied.
Thanks Vivek
Thank you Varun

Raining in bangalore, my internet not working now (last problem was before two year). Now no power too. That is the reason not replying separately to each post.

Alex and vivek, I Do not want to spoil the look by installing a 1din player. If I change, then it would be jvc800 series with 7" display with all in that. Navigation, reverse camera, bluetooth, player etc. I am not a daily traveler. Only that HU costs around 24-30k.

Varun,
As I mentioned, if I get better music at 1000rs, I am okay with that. Should not be giving vibrations. Even the setup costs around 5k, am okay. If it costs 9 or 10k, still ready for it. If you say, cant help with out changing HU
I will drop the plan.

Thanks a lot for your replies

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
I think many are not interested to reply as i am not willing to change my HU [cry]
I thought, changing the speakers would give some difference. I do not know anything about speakers on cars.

Will wait for few more days and will drop the plan if found no success ! Not in a position to do a research from scratch at the moment.

BTW, the whole Bangalore south was affected by BSNL broadband outage . It was not only me

Then simply checkout the Bull Compos or Polk compos i have heard them they sound nice and can be driven from your stock HU.
Note: Never purchase speakers before auditioning them.

@Appus

Get a pair of Boston components in front and Polk audio at your rear done by any reliable professional. Expect crystal clear music with tight bass.You can always add am amp and Sub in future.As Polk is a bit on an expensive side you can try JBL as well.

Visit my audio setup here with price details on page 1

Last edited:
@Appus

I would suggest you to go for JBL 250 or 350 watt speakers with integrated twitter adjustable button @3900/- odd Rs, this works really well with with explode amplifier which is available in two channel and four channel output with almost 1000\1500 rs difference.

Two channel amplifier will fulfill your requirement with JBL speakers, where as four channel applier can be useful for future upgrades like bass tube or sub-woofer.

I have installed it on my DZire VDI (2011) DIN HU and i am pretty much happy with the sound.

Thread Starter #11
Thank You Vivek, Manoj and SDJ.

SDJ, welcome to TAI. Nice to see your first post helping me ! Appreciate it buddy.
Vivek, I do not know much about it. Will check with some stores about these compos (as in components right?)

Manoj, Thanks again. Read about your setup. Will that fix in my rear side? Now the two speakers are behind the seats (near the windshield). Will the side one protrude outside or fit in the current setup ?
Looks so great on your car though

Friends,

Car: Swift Dzire VDI 2011 Model
Budget : Less than 10000 (1000-10000)
Looking For : Making sound to music
Preferred Brands: Nothing of that sort
Preferred Music Genre: No Boom Boom songs
Existing Audio Setup: Stock Audio

I am looking for making my audio sound to become like music with minimum investment. I do not want to change the neat looking 2 DIN HU. Not worried about usb slot.

Can I make it better without changing the HU? I want to listen clearer music. More detailed music.
Searched forum for the same kind of queries. But every thread was different from one another. So, ended up asking in a separate thread.

It is not necessary to spend 10K for it.
Want to keep the investment minimal. I do not take the car out everyday.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
appus
Stick with the HU for now, and just get JBL/Blaupunkt 6" Speakers. Coaxials, not components.

All costs should be in the range of 2-3k per pair of speakers. Choose them wisely. Some like it loud, some low, some bright. Listen to speakers and than make up ur mind. My preference of speakers may not go with yours.

They will fit straight into the doors without any mods. And believe me, just a speaker change will change the sound to music.

Thread Starter #13
@racerdabba,
Thank You.

Is it just 6" ? 6x9 , 6x8 or something of that sort? Searched for it and all were throwing results with 6x9 . Are you talking about the same thing ?

So - coaxials here. No components ! I think this making me read more and more [surprise]

Yes you can go in for 6x9" co-axial speakers of a reputed brand like jbl,hertz,polk,rockford fosgate etc. I am sure it will make a lot of difference! If you want to change the front speakers also, you can either go in for components or normal door speakers of a reputed brand. But note that in case you think of components you may need to add an amplifier to get the best out of it else may sound under powered.

Thread Starter #15
Yes you can go in for 6x9" co-axial speakers of a reputed brand like jbl,hertz,polk,rockford fosgate etc. I am sure it will make a lot of difference! If you want to change the front speakers also, you can either go in for components or normal door speakers of a reputed brand. But note that in case you think of components you may need to add an amplifier to get the best out of it else may sound under powered.
Thanks again.

So, what if we replace both front and back with co-axial speakers :stupid: ? I feel, if i add amplifier, i should go for even better setup with tweeters / sub-woofer etc. So, do not want to go to the amplifier level at the moment :)

Regards

Top Bottom