Unable To Connect Samsung Android To RCD 310

Thread Starter #1
I am trying to connect Samsung Galaxy S Duos / Galaxy Fit to RCD 310 (company fitted) in VW Vento. I am using USB port inside the glovebox. The other end of cable (micro usb) goes to phone. Though, I could connect my Blackberry to it. No luck with Android. Is anyone aware?

I am trying to connect Samsung Galaxy S Duos / Galaxy Fit to RCD 310 (company fitted) in VW Vento. I am using USB port inside the glovebox. The other end of cable (micro usb) goes to phone. Though, I could connect my Blackberry to it. No luck with Android. Is anyone aware?
When you connect your phone, it asks for storage mode ? Did you select storage mode ? (just pull down the bar on top and select storage).

If not working,
Connect to PC and check the drive whether it is formatted as FAT32/NTFS. If it is NTFS, copy the data elsewhere and format in FAT32 format (there are cases where NTFS formatted pendrives/memory cards are not detected in some players/music systems)

Thread Starter #3
When I connect the phone, it doesn't ask for any option. I searched for Storage mode option but could not find it.

Brother
I also had RCD 310 (company fitted) in my jetta. The system is a complete junk. I also had same problem. The option which i opted is changed the system with caska.

Samsung generally does not mount storage as USB mass storage. When you connect your phone in PC what do you see ? is it like regular USB device or it mounts as Media device ? it looks kind of same but there's difference. Car USB module can only read devices with Mass Storage and FAT32.

Thread Starter #7
Just to update this thread further, I could connect my Samsung Galaxy Grand to RCD310. This work perfectly fine for SD cards till 4GB capacity. Since I've a SD card of 32GB, the system doesn't support it. Time to go for better system which at least has a AUX support[:)]

Top Bottom