Budget Audio Setup For Sail U-VA

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have the delivery of my new silver Chevy Sail Uva on Thursday, and probably buying a music system for it is becoming more painful then actual car purchase [confused]. I am a music freak. I have spent all my savings in car purchase [frustration], and wont be able to survive without the music for long.

So keeping in mind that i spend less and get some good instrument combination also making sure that when I upgrade in sometime the existing articles are worth and not to be replaced.

Please pour in your suggestions in creating a ideal set of HU, speakers, woooooofer, amp. I have read couple of threads and out of them gained some and lost some ideas. Please spare some time to help me out [:)].

Thank you

Congratulations for your new Chevy Sail UVA! First of all what is the exact budget you have set for the ICE? Depending on this we will be able to guide you from our side.

@Rover

Welcome to TAI !! and congrats for your new Sail UVA buddy !!

Yes that situation budget is very common for many buyers(I am also one out of them).

So after a month of purchase I set up the music system with some tight budget again.

I suggest you to check out JVC as head unit,sony front speakers, I got a combo offer along with head unit +2 rear coaxial speakers and my set up works well without any issues.

Thread Starter #4
Guys, as mentioned I am hard on cash at the moment [cry], So I suppose may be 15 - 20 k.

So, please suggest...

@Gurrala could you mention the model no so I can look them online

Thanks

It is JVC single DIN, KDR-426(without bluetooth inbuilt) there is one more model which comes with bluetooth inbuilt. I did a mistake that I would have gone for the bluetooth inbuilt one. Along with the head unit I got rear coaxial speakers as combo. I do not remember exactly but I got entire HU,front speakers,rear speakers for Rs.9k. Please check out it on the following thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...itz-ldi-glistening-gray-ownership-review.html

@Rover

To be frank with you, What ever it delivers as it is more than enough for me(I am music lover and mad of boss effects).

It needs more money to set up amp and woofer and I can use that money for some other useful things either on the car or else where. I do not like to add woofer and disturb the boot and I always see that a hatch doesn't really require one due to its purpose and size. A woofer always do justice in big sedans or SUVs according to me[:)] All this is my personal subjective opinion buddy !! so think about it which one impress you and whether to add them or not according to your needs

Hi Guys,
I have the delivery of my new silver Chevy Sail Uva on Thursday, and probably buying a music system for it is becoming more painful then actual car purchase [confused]. I am a music freak. I have spent all my savings in car purchase [frustration], and wont be able to survive without the music for long.

So keeping in mind that i spend less and get some good instrument combination also making sure that when I upgrade in sometime the existing articles are worth and not to be replaced.

Please pour in your suggestions in creating a ideal set of HU, speakers, woooooofer, amp. I have read couple of threads and out of them gained some and lost some ideas. Please spare some time to help me out [:)].

Thank you
Heartiest congratulations on your new ride! Do post a few pics of it soon.
As you mentioned that your max budget would be around 20K and you are a music loving soul so I'd suggest you a step-by-step install.

HU : Pioneer FH-X759BT - 10K (other options are Kenny KDC-X695 (9K))
Front components - RF/Morels/Hertz(a bit bright) - 6K
Rears - Matching co-axes 6" or 6x9 - 4K
Speaker wiring - Scosche/CA - 1K

Total ~ 20K

In next step you can add an amp and sub.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #9
You have listed some nice options buddy, but believe me, the Pio I have suggested is better than all of the above. Also, strictly no SONY please.

These are nice but entry level components. They don't do well at peaks and are bright. Have a look at RF R16-s or Morel Maximos 6.5".[/B]

Very nice and loud sub, not clear though.

I have the same sub in my car. AWESOME crisp bass. It doesn't go very loud and no boom boom but the bass kicks are very accurate and bass is felt rather than being heard, I guess you are understanding what I mean to say.

I had the JBL 1215 in may earlier ride, a Lancer, again a fantastic VFM sub not crisp though.

Please don't go for tubes if you love your music. Tough if you want lots of boom boom then tube is the way to go.

freakdude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Happy to help buddy!!!

Hope you like the HU and sub. Now, since you have decided to go for a sub, so you'll need an amp for sure to power it. May I suggest Kenwood 846, another VFM feather in your cap (ICE). I didn't suggest amp and sub earlier as your max budget was 20K. [:)] So, let's drop the rear speakers and get the amp and sub. Also you'll have to shell out around 2-3K for RCAs and power cables.

freakdude.

But I am in Delhi dude...I cant to come your place [:D]
That's the catch. I got my ICE stuff from Aman who is the owner of Motorconcept Delhi. Let me know if you need his hnumber and i shall send it to you. He is awesome and very knowledgeable. He will hook up up depending on your budget.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom