Need Advice on Speakers and Amplifier

Thread Starter #1
hi this is my first post here i needed some help with buying new speakers and amplifier
i am thinking of buying the following
amplifier - JBL GTX 646
speaker (rear) - JBL GT) 949
speaker (front) - sony xplod XS-GTF1038
am i choosing the right stuff plz help

Yup it is a good choice. As for the front speakers try and keep it to jbl itself. JBL are much better than sony anyday. I am sure you will be very happy with the setup! [:)]

Thread Starter #4
and can i connect a sub woofer as well will the amp be good enough or will i have to purchase something more powerful

and can i connect a sub woofer as well will the amp be good enough or will i have to purchase something more powerful
Since you are buying a 4 channel amplifier, if you connect it to all your speakers (2 front + 2 rear) then it will not be possible to connect the same amplifier to the woofer.
The best option is connect only the front speakers and the woofer to the amplifier. This will be ideal since your back speakers will be powerful enough and will not need the support of the amplifier!

The best option is connect only the front speakers and the woofer to the amplifier. This will be ideal since your back speakers will be powerful enough and will not need the support of the amplifier!
Front speaker is just 30W rms and will be run by the head unit flawlessly.:) Connect the rear speakers and sub to the 4 channel amp.:)

Front speaker is just 30W rms and will be run by the head unit flawlessly.:) Connect the rear speakers and sub to the 4 channel amp.:)
Oh yes if it is only 30W RMS then it is better to connect the amplifier to the rear speakers! Sorry i was not sure of the output of the front speakers. [:)]

Oh yes if it is only 30W RMS then it is better to connect the amplifier to the rear speakers! Sorry i was not sure of the output of the front speakers. [:)]
Yeah,4" Speakers are not very powerull.[:)] That amp can blow it easily if connected to it.[lol]

hi this is my first post here i needed some help with buying new speakers and amplifier
i am thinking of buying the following
amplifier - JBL GTX 646
speaker (rear) - JBL GT) 949
speaker (front) - sony xplod XS-GTF1038
am i choosing the right stuff plz help
Buddy, you missed sharing a very important detail - for which car is this audio setup?

JBL 646 is a decent but strictly an average amp. Moreover, it is a bit on the shrill side rather that being on the warmer side. Also, please do not go for Sony, it's just crap when sound is concerned atleast in car audio.

the only option i have for front speakers are 4 inch and jbl doesnt have any 4 inch speakers
JBL has 4" drivers thought they are not competent enough. If you are doing to go for 4" only, choose from Hertz or RF.

646 is a budget amp and it clearly shows when powering a sub. If you are tight on money, get a 2-ch amp for the sub and use 646 to power all your speakers.

Since you are buying a 4 channel amplifier, if you connect it to all your speakers (2 front + 2 rear) then it will not be possible to connect the same amplifier to the woofer.
Perfect setup with just one flaw. The 4" front drivers will fry in no time when amped and if gains are kept low then no point amping them in the first place itself.

This would create an improper sound-stage. Front speakers are the most important drivers. If rears and sub are amped with fronts playing off the HU then you'd hardly hear any music in the car as it would all be boom boom.

so will the amplifier i specified will power a decent sub if yes which sub should i go for
If your installer is OK with auditions of multiple amps, then do have a look at Kenny 846. AWESOME amp.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #12
@ freakdude if i power my rear and front speakers with the JBL amp and want to go for a sub as well will i have to get a mono amp to power the sub?

If you are doing to go for 4" only, choose from Hertz or RF.
Heard Hertz DCX100 is a great product.[:)]

This would create an improper sound-stage. Front speakers are the most important drivers. If rears and sub are amped with fronts playing off the HU then you'd hardly hear any music in the car as it would all be boom boom.
But what to do if there is only provision for 4" speakers in front?[confused]

Hi Guys,

I am planning to install some good quality ICE system in my up coming car Maruti Suzuki Dzire. My plan is as follows:-

Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT
Front Speakers - Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speaker System
Rear Speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S Component Speaker System
Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier
Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure
Scoche Amplifier Wiring Kit

I plan to connect the front components and Subwoofer to the amplifier and the rear components directly to the HU. Will this setup work? Will i get good audio quality?

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
@ sankar.
I would rather go for a Kenwood HU or alpine.
Front: infinity or focal components
Rear: do you need them in dzire. You can addi them later. Again infinity or RF
Sub: infinity or RF
Amp Focal solid 4....if you on tight budget get infinity amp.

Please stay away from pioneer, jbl and Sony If you like SQ

Top Bottom