Music System for Alto LXi

Thread Starter #1
HI,
I have a CNG fitted Alto LXi, and need some suggestions for sound system in my car, my max budget is 20,000. I am a music lover and all i need is good beats n clear sound and i really hate when the speakers start giving weired sounds at higher volumes. Woofer is not mandatory. But you guys are the expert and i hope you can guide me in the right direction.

Hi abhaygup4, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia,

Well congrats for your new alto (please do share an ownership review with photos), for you budget you get a good set of ICE setup in your car.

Here's my suggestion:
1) For good music setups a good Head unit is required:
DEH-1590UB |
I would recommend this model, as pioneer Head units are known for best music settings and good SQs, costs 5,990 INR

2) Put a JBL 180W speakers at the front which has tweeters inside, enough to give good chills.

3) A JBL 400 Watts or 350W at the back for better effects which costs 4000 plus some hunderds for making a box fro it.

4) Wiring kit is the main part here for a sound Music setup, We have experts who will assist you in this process.

5) Finally if you want fix a JBL 2CH amplifier for enhanced sound clarity may cost you 4000 bucks alone.

HI,
I have a CNG fitted Alto LXi, and need some suggestions for sound system in my car, my max budget is 20,000. I am a music lover and all i need is good beats n clear sound and i really hate when the speakers start giving weired sounds at higher volumes. Woofer is not mandatory. But you guys are the expert and i hope you can guide me in the right direction.
Hello Abhay,

For HU you can opt for Pioneer DEH-X3590UI. It's around 5800/- and looks a lot better than 1590 (thought 1590 is an equally nice HU).

For Fronts, go for components coosing from JBL 609C (4.5K), morels (6K), pioneer A604C(5.5K).

For rears try matching the brand of fronts. You can choose from JBL GTO 949 (4.5K) or Pioneer - TSA-934H (5K).

Though all speaker sets come with decent wirings, but if you have budget get Connection Audison speaker cable that would be around 90/- per meter.

Get a 4-ch amp Kenwood 846 (5.5K)
1K for the MDF board for placing the rears.

Total : 22K (approx).

If budget not permitting you can spare the amp for now and add later as per your wish.

freakdude.

HI,
I have a Maruti 800, and had the following setup.

HU - JVC KD-G645
CD,USB, AUX. 2 Pre-outs. Subwoofer Control.
Front Speakers - JBL GT5 6" coaxials.
Woofer - 12" Dapic active bass tube. It is pre amplified. So u dont need an amplifier.
The total cost of the setup was HU- 5k, Front speakers - 2k, woofer - 6k.

It served me well for some weeks, and then i decided i wanted more.
So i replaced the coaxials to components and had a 12" JBL bass tube, and 4 channel amp.

But the old setup was as great as it could be. And for someone on a budget, ill definately reccomend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have power windows? You can fix 6" on doors only if you have power windows.

Get Pioneer Head Unit. Dont buy JVC Head units,Sound Quality is much noticeably less than pioneer,I had bought one for my friend few weeks back.Pioneer MixTrax is a bit costly than others.

MVH-159UI( USB only) for 3500rs or DEH-1590UB for nearly 4500rs
Front: JBL CS4 4" 2- Way Speaker-1.3k
Rear: GTO 949-<4.5k

So 10300 + Fitting charges,enclosures,etc. :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Do you have power windows? You can fix 6" on doors only if you have power windows.

Get Pioneer Head Unit. Dont buy JVC Head units,Sound Quality is much noticeably less than pioneer,I had bought one for my friend few weeks back.Pioneer MixTrax is a bit costly than others.

Hi,
Thanks for the info, and without the AMP will i be able to get good quality. i have no issues in buying an AMP 2or 4 ch .

If he is the the driver and the rear seats are empty most of te time, the soundstarge will suffer will rear co-axials. i dnt have power windows in M800, stil the 6" firt well. So i dnt think alto should be a problem. u will need spacer rings.

without the AMP will i be able to get good quality. i have no issues in buying an AMP 2or 4 ch .
Of course,It will give you decent Sound,If you are going for front components,then get a 4 Ch amp.

If he is the the driver and the rear seats are empty most of te time, the soundstarge will suffer will rear co-axials. i dnt have power windows in M800, stil the 6" firt well. So i dnt think alto should be a problem. u will need spacer rings.
See the attached pic,If your alto dont have power windows,then it will hit (or will be difficult to roll window down) the handle while rolling down the windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with JVC HU and front sony speakers and rear with JBL/JVC coaxial speakers on rare parcel tray !! this package will be VFM and with awesome sound experience[:)]

hi, can you please tell me about the jbl 4'' speakers & where have you installed them in your alto??

hi, can you please tell me about the jbl 4'' speakers & where have you installed them in your alto??
Recently bought a JVC HU for my friends alto and output was not that great,So i sussgest you to get Pioneer Head unit.4" speakers are fixed on the dash board.There is provision for 4" speakers there.I am not an audiophile and i felt its enough for me.[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom