Budget ICE Setup for Swift Vdi? Confusion Hi Confusion

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Another one of the noobs here. After reading through helluva lot of comparisons and setups on different forums, the confusion has gone up rather than down. [frustration]

Here go the details:

Car: Maruti Swift Vdi

Budget Range:20-25k

Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.): Full Setup

Preferred Brands (If any): HU - Pioneer, Kenwood

Preferred Music Genre: None

Existing Audio Setup: None

Misc. Details / Specific Questions:

Require a setup which has (a) Not a lot of bass (b) Clean output (c) Brings out the detail in music as I do listen to pure Hindi Classical Music too

I don't need an amp or a sub at the moment as they will come in Round 2 of ICE setup.

Speakers: Front Comps, Rear Coax(mounted on tray/installed in doors). Want to know about Morel Maximo comps (as they come highly recommended) - performance, availability and pricing in Delhi. Any worthy competitors to them? What should be preferred as Rear coax companions with these. Please suggest the setup together (front comps+rear coax)

Head Units: any idea on the latest Pioneer head units? Need one with a BT (preferably 2Din for looks but can opt for 1Din for better performance). Pioneer FH-X759BT versus DEH-X6590BT? Suggestions invited for Kenwood or any other good brand in similar price range.

Wiring: Scosche versus JBL versus _______?

Dampening: Would depend on other stuff. If budget exceeded, this will happen in round 2.

So dear friends, pour in your suggestions. May the best ICE setup (in budget) win a place in my car!

You can get a set of Pioneer head unit 1din, JBL Component speakers oval(Rear), Sony Xplod (front) Bosch wiring kit 4 channel Amp JBL and JBL1100 Watts for 25K or even 22K with discount, i had a similar set up later changed my head unit to 2Din, Amp and woofer to my liking

JBL components on reat in mounted pads and sony xplods were really good but found something inperferct which was later corrected with proper damping and there you go it was so pleasant for hip hop and melodies

I have planned to change my woofer to kicker now as i found it very good and rich in bass recently

Meet up with a reputed audio set up guy and try mixing up your requirements with different brands to work around you figures

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Swift&Furious for your reply. As I said, Amp and sub are a strict no at the moment. I am completely fine with getting them in round 2 [:)]

No to Sony Xplod too. I don't like the sound.

What would be the cost of Bosch wiring kit btw?

The bosch wiring kit (original) [:)] would come close to 1800INR, i was just saying you that you could even go for Amp and sub in a budget of 25K, personally i dont like working on the audio system more than once - reason being if fit is not proper then it might lead to unwanted rattles which is hard to trace and i have encountered this in my other vehicle and had to remove all the dash just to remove a plastic clip which was jumping around like a bournvellie bean [frustration]

Thread Starter #6
Went to explore audio setup today. Almost finalised it

HU: Pioneer 6590BT
Comps: Focal Performance
Rear Ovals: Focal Access

Will be great to hear any comments from the Gurus here on TAI

Do plan for the dampening even if you have to exceed ur budget a bit, all these setup wouldnt be worth without proper dampening on the doors in your swift, thats the first thing to do, dynamats are one of the good quality dampening sheets which would do your requirement and then go with your setup.
I liked the rockford setup as well pretty neat and clean sound with the comps and focal.

Thread Starter #8
Any idea what would be the market cost of Dynamat? And are there any cheaper alternatives to it? Already pushing the budget here. Focals really don't come cheap. [:D]

Any idea what would be the market cost of Dynamat? And are there any cheaper alternatives to it? Already pushing the budget here. Focals really don't come cheap. [:D]
The cost of damping with Dynamat or equivalent brands will be around 2-2.5k per door! It may work out cheaper for you if you buy a pack of sheets from ebay or can arrange for the sheets from the US and install them yourself. [;)]

I've got JVC-KW-R700BT with Cerwin Vega component and coaxial speakers in my honda city.Its performance is awesome.

Cost details (Bangalore, June 2012):
JVC-KW-R700BT: INR12800
Cervin Vega HED65cs 6.5" Component Speakers: INR 6000
Cervin Vega HED65 6.5" Coaxial Speakers: INR3200

Thread Starter #13
@alfa alfa,

I got the following for my Swift:

HU: Pio 4590BT INR 6.7k
Front Comps: Focal Performance PS165 INR 12k
Rear Ovals: Focal Performance PC690 INR 7.5k

The setup sounds fantastic for the time being (till my discerning taste evolves). Looking for the comments on the setup.

Congrats for the setup. You finally had to settle with a single DIN unit, i guess courtesy to manufacturers who have only poor specced 2DIN units which turn out to provide no value for money.
Do post some pictures of the setup.

Thread Starter #15
@Akash,

Thanks. 1Din decision was both due to budget consciousness and no value add with 2Din. I had initially thought of Focal access ovals but on the day of installation could only get Performance ones. With the bump in price, 2Din became tough. After a lengthy discussion with my installer, I decided that only thing going for 2Din was the complete look which was never a priority. Bang! I was back in budget. The decision to go with Focal performance seems to be a good thing, the sound clarity is amazing.

Photos, ummm, never been much of a fan. Can post installed setup if you like me to :biggrin:

Top Bottom