Volkswagen Vento ICE Help

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm finally getting a car for myself. Its not a new one, but our family Vento HL TDi. It was basically doing highway duties but since the arrival of XUV its running has come down drastically as Dad is more comfortable with XUV. It has done around 45k and returned from 3rd service just yesterday.

Coming to the topic, I went with some friends to some local ICE installers and did some research. From what I have in mind, I think I would need Rs. 30,000 and already got the cash from my dad for it. Although I wouldn't mind spending another 5k from my pocket.

Here goes the details:

Car: VW Vento HL

Budget: 30-35k

Music Genre: Rock (Linkin park, One republic, Bryan adams), Soul/R&B (Adele, Bruno mars), Hip hop (Eminem), rarely pop and Tamil/Hindi songs.

Looking for a full setup as the stock ICE is very basic and sounds cheap. For HU, I need a double din audio player that has AUX and USB input(CD is not necessary) with the capacity of supporting a minimum of two amplifiers (pre-outs I guess?), one for components and other for Sub. I have JVC KW-R500 and Pioneer FH-X559UI in mind, the installers here are suggesting JVC is better in SQ, but the I like the Pioneer HU's looks. I would go for whichever has the better SQ.

For speakers, I'm going for components all around. I have JBL, Infinity and Rockford Fosgate in mind. For JBL components, they have 2 models and one of which costs more than Infinity (presumably higher end JBL against low-end infinity). They are asking me to go for Infinity, as it is the best. I fancy RF as I really liked it on Outlander. They all cost in 5.5k to 6k range, Which should I go for? And can I go for cheaper components for the rear?

For Amplifier, I'm thinking of having two. A 2 channel blaupunkt amp from my old setup in Swift and it will go with the JBL Sub woofer from the same old setup, no one else is using it so I would like to use it here. I might go for a new set if I don't like the performance. For the second amp, I'm considering a 4 channel for the components. I have JBL and Infinity in mind. 2 options from JBL, GT-X646(Rs. 6500) and other was around 650 watts(Rs. 11,500) but had audio controls on the amp itself, sorry forgot its model. The Infinity amp costs around Rs. 9000, I think it is Kappa four. Does it matter that amp and components should be of same brand? And which amp-component configurations should I go for?

For subwoofer, the encloser was designed to fit on the right side corner of old Swift's boot and that shape won't be nice on Vento's boot. I might get a new one for that. Any suggestions for the same?

To fit the double-din HU, they have a frame and that is a perfect fit for Vento but costs Rs. 1,200. The other option is they would cut a cardboard and they will finish it with a grey sticker and will cost Rs. 250.

I'm planning to these job this week, preferably before Wednesday. Kindly help me out as early as possible.

Thanks.

Balachander a.k.a Crazy Cat-Go for Morel Speakers as it gives better thump than JBL,Infinity.Or else,go for Rockford Fosgate Speakers.

For Sub-Go for Rockford Fosgate only.It will give better thump and boom boom than others.My second preference is Infinity.

Go for Rear Comps for improving the thump and the bass.

Thread Starter #3
I got my ICE done today. I will add details tomorrow, as I'm quite tired now [sleep]

Balachander a.k.a Crazy Cat-Go for Morel Speakers as it gives better thump than JBL,Infinity.Or else,go for Rockford Fosgate Speakers.

For Sub-Go for Rockford Fosgate only.It will give better thump and boom boom than others.My second preference is Infinity.

Go for Rear Comps for improving the thump and the bass.
Thanks a lot. I always had a soft corner for Rockford and as it turns out I could only use RF component on front door, as others will be a tight fit and could brush on the windows. Besides, I liked RF over Infinity in their demo setup, even though Infinity was louder.

For the sub, I did not get a new one. I used the old JBL sub from our Swift.

I got my ICE done today. I will add details tomorrow, as I'm quite tired now [sleep]

Thanks a lot. I always had a soft corner for Rockford and as it turns out I could only use RF component on front door, as others will be a tight fit and could brush on the windows. Besides, I liked RF over Infinity in their demo setup, even though Infinity was louder.

For the sub, I did not get a new one. I used the old JBL sub from our Swift.
I m waiting for your Car's ICE details.

Need to change HU of Vento 2010

Am driving Vento petrol highline since December 2010
Now I want to change it's HU because it's outdated n feels am still in 90's
So please help me out
Can anyone suggest me which HU gonna fits in

Thread Starter #6
@music swift, I somehow missed replying to your post, sorry. Sold Vento this january.

@Vivek bajaj, get a dash kit and you can use any after market head unit after that. I paid 1200 for mine, same color and quality as rest of the dash. Worth the money.

Top Bottom