Planning To Buy Bajaj Avenger - Need Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a bike soon. Most probably it would be Bajaj Avenger. I have driven an avenger earlier too, and I really liked it. Comfort, decent power, good looks, simple yet stylish are few traits that I liked in it.

Anybody wants to suggest me againts it? Please caution me. If there is any other bike in competition, please let me know more.
I should also mention that I don't want a bullet (my relatives may not be comfortable driving a bullet), and no sporty bikes like Yamaha R15- just a personal choice.

So basically I don't have many options, but still if there is something serious that someone wants me not go for it, please advise.

If its avenger finally, then my buying and ownership review soon here.

(Mods please correct the spelling of feedback in title)

Last edited:
Re: Planning to buy Bajaj Avenger- need feedbak

Did you check Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark. Its also an awesome Machine.

Thread Starter #3

Did you check Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark. Its also an awesome Machine.
I have driven RF electra, its an awesome machine, but I doubt if anybody else among my relatives would be comfortable with it. Even my personality is not that heavy built to suit on it.
Recently I convince one my colleagues to get the bullet classic.
So Avenger is the nearest choice which seems suitable for me.

I am planning to buy a bike soon. Most probably it would be Bajaj Avenger. I have driven an avenger earlier too, and I really liked it. Comfort, decent power, good looks, simple yet stylish are few traits that I liked in it.

Anybody wants to suggest me againts it? Please caution me. If there is any other bike in competition, please let me know more.
I should also mention that I don't want a bullet (my relatives may not be comfortable driving a bullet), and no sporty bikes like Yamaha R15- just a personal choice.

So basically I don't have many options, but still if there is something serious that someone wants me not go for it, please advise.

If its avenger finally, then my buying and ownership review soon here.

(Mods please correct the spelling of feedback in title)
It's quite a nice ride buddy. Very comfortable riding position and you rest your feet too. I had driven it for almost 500+ kms in my Goa trip. Recently my BIL too bought a red one so I get to drive it too. I personally like it a lot mainly for it's riding position.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5

It's quite a nice ride buddy.
freakdude.
Thanks freakdude and thanks to others too.

Booked Bajaj Avenger 220, black color today. Will be getting it next weekend hopefully. A brief ownership review soon in this section.

Anybody has an idea how much does the front windshield (thing thats stuck top of head lights) cost for avenger??

Welcome to Avenger club Buddy[:D]

I expect a head to head comparo of both machines from you.

Front windshield cost I am not at all sure but my faint memory says Rs1000~3000 depending on brand and quality; I heard at showroom.

Congrat's for your new bike buddy, you have made the right decision Avenger is a very comfortable and reliable bike, what was the total cost of the bike

Thread Starter #8
Welcome to Avenger club Buddy[:D]

I expect a head to head comparo of both machines from you.

Front windshield cost I am not at all sure but my faint memory says Rs1000~3000 depending on brand and quality; I heard at showroom.
Thanks Jayadev. Yeah sure- Comparing a car and this bike is gonna be interesting.
I thought of giving some rest to my polo, and show those rickshaw vala and hawkers some stunt. I have driven bikes since college days, and bikes have been my first passion in motoring. I hope avenger doesn't disappoint me.

Congrat's for your new bike buddy, you have made the right decision Avenger is a very comfortable and reliable bike, what was the total cost of the bike
I hope its reliable. The total cost comes to 86k.
78 basic price+insurance+registration makes it 86.something.

@Rightnow: Congrats on booking the Avenger. Its a good, reliable motorcycle (ask Visran). Looking forward to your ownership review. The headlamp fairing will cost you Rs. 2500@ Probiking.

Thread Starter #11
@Rightnow: Congrats on booking the Avenger. Its a good, reliable motorcycle (ask Visran). Looking forward to your ownership review. The headlamp fairing will cost you Rs. 2500@ Probiking.
Thanks Sam, and thanks for the info on fairing too.

Hey Rightnow, congratzz on booking new avenger, I have driven the bike and it is very comfortable to drive. I loved it very much.
Thanks Dharmesh

Thanks freakdude and thanks to others too.

Booked Bajaj Avenger 220, black color today. Will be getting it next weekend hopefully. A brief ownership review soon in this section.

Anybody has an idea how much does the front windshield (thing thats stuck top of head lights) cost for avenger??
Front windshield is almost around 2K if opted at the dealership. I'd suggest you to get all accessories installed from Karol Bagh. My BILs windshield got a crack so we got it replaced at Karol Bagh for 600/- only.

freakdude.

I hope its reliable. The total cost comes to 86k.
78 basic price+insurance+registration makes it 86.something.
I have a 2005 first batch Avenger 180 apart from the rusted silencer(due to very low useage)which i replaced, the bike is just Fill it,Shut it,Forget it kind's.

Thread Starter #14
Front windshield is almost around 2K if opted at the dealership. I'd suggest you to get all accessories installed from Karol Bagh. My BILs windshield got a crack so we got it replaced at Karol Bagh for 600/- only.

freakdude.
Thanks for mentioning Karol Bagh. There are a few accessories shop near the dealer itself, where I suppose I can get cheaper option. Do we have good bike accessories shops in Noida Sec-16 market?

..the bike is just Fill it,Shut it,Forget it kind's.
I believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom