New Gearless Scooter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
its been quite some time since my last post.
i want a scooter. right now i am driving a 20 year old Bajaj 4S, main reasons for using it
1. level seats (does not angle upwards in rear)
2. more than decent mileage
3. been in our family for 20 years, done more than 1,20,000 kms

i am 180 cm tall and weighs 84 kg, my wife weighs 71 kgs. we are happy one the bike if we does not have any luggage (even our daily bag with laptop etc).
so i need a scooter which has most leg room (for legs and bags), and a good powerful engine. i will be using it only for going to work, nearly 7 km from home. so daily run will be max 20 - 25 km.

kindly suggest me a good one -
current short list (in preferred order)
1. TVS Wego
2. Suzuki Access
3. Mahindra Rodeo

awaiting your comments / suggestions

Re: gearless scooter suggestions

I would take out Access from that list, both Wego and Rodeo are excellent VFM product's take a TD of both and select whichever you are comfortable with.

IMO, TVS Wego will look puny with you on it, although it is a VFM product. Consider Access. You can also look at the newly launched Swish. The best leg room that I have seen is on Honda Aviator.
Nevertheless, my preferable list as per priority:
1. Access
2. Mahindra Rodeo
3. TVS Wego

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

IMO, TVS Wego will look puny with you on it, although it is a VFM product. Consider Access. You can also look at the newly launched Swish.
My preferable list as per priority:
1. Access
2. Mahindra Rodeo
3. TVS Wego
The trouble is that all the showroom are a good way form my office and home, so a test ride may cost me a leave, and right now i can't afford one. Are you sure that wego is small? because according to a friend it has maximum leg room.

Thread Starter #6
hi all today we went to TD the scooters (myself, my wife and two friends) First we went to Purackal Honda. we were not even received! we waited sometime for the executives to come to us. but nobody came. at last we went to the reception desk and asked if there was a TD available? they straightaway rejected and harshly said that no TD vehicle was available. so we just went out.

Then went to TVS. here the entire scenario was different we were warmly greeted. The representative was very helpful, she was knowledgeable too. she gave us a TD vehicle. explained all the features showed us both the base (with no front box) and the higher variant. showed us various colours, took us inside the service centre to show us older wegos.
it seems that the bike is OK
1. even with the longest wheelbase wego does not have enough leg room
2. it has good acceleration
3. ride is smooth
4. braking is good
5. balance is very good, never felt that it is a scooter
since we were late, we skipped others.

does anybody know about DURO?

TVS Wego is a nice product but since you had stressed on "most leg room", I placed in last on my priority list. I would suggest you to visit Suzuki showroom. Try out Access and Swish.

Thread Starter #10
Kannan

Recently I did some research on the same. Please go through the following link which may help you.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/8590-switching-bike-gearless-scooter.html
Thank you very much i am so happy that you bought a bike. but my situation is that i already have a bike (even though it is 20 years old). we both are happy in it if we don't have any luggage (i am 180 cm tall and 83 kg, my wife is 72kg)the bike is 1992 Bajaj 4S, returns a good average (earlier it gave 90kmpl)now about 60. once i service it properly i am sure it can yield more.
now what i am is looking for something that can help carry our bags too.

Buddy also check out Rodeo RZ it come's loaded with feature's. a pure VFM product.
My uncle has Rodeo. but if it is a Mahindra i am more inclined towards Duro

TVS Wego is a nice product but since you had stressed on "most leg room", I placed in last on my priority list. I would suggest you to visit Suzuki showroom. Try out Access and Swish.
i thought access is a small one. and wheelbase is also smaller
after all these i am wondering whether or not to spend 61k (OTR with finance for WEGO) on a scooter(gearless)?[confused]
Please someone guide me.....

Hi all,
its been quite some time since my last post.
i want a scooter. right now i am driving a 20 year old Bajaj 4S, main reasons for using it
1. level seats (does not angle upwards in rear)
2. more than decent mileage
3. been in our family for 20 years, done more than 1,20,000 kms

i am 180 cm tall and weighs 84 kg, my wife weighs 71 kgs. we are happy one the bike if we does not have any luggage (even our daily bag with laptop etc).
so i need a scooter which has most leg room (for legs and bags), and a good powerful engine. i will be using it only for going to work, nearly 7 km from home. so daily run will be max 20 - 25 km.

kindly suggest me a good one -
current short list (in preferred order)
1. TVS Wego
2. Suzuki Access
3. Mahindra Rodeo

awaiting your comments / suggestions
Hi kannan, I have noticed that basically you need a gearless scooter and you have mentioned your preference of choices. All these scooters are basically same in the price range and all have the 100 to 125 cc engine displacement but my favorite is New Honda Dio, which has the style and power but the list you have mentioned in the question Than I would suggest for TVS Wego it has the better power and good pickup.

Thank you very much i am so happy that you bought a bike. but my situation is that i already have a bike (even though it is 20 years old). we both are happy in it if we don't have any luggage (i am 180 cm tall and 83 kg, my wife is 72kg)the bike is 1992 Bajaj 4S, returns a good average (earlier it gave 90kmpl)now about 60. once i service it properly i am sure it can yield more.
now what i am is looking for something that can help carry our bags too.

My uncle has Rodeo. but if it is a Mahindra i am more inclined towards Duro

i thought access is a small one. and wheelbase is also smaller
after all these i am wondering whether or not to spend 61k (OTR with finance for WEGO) on a scooter(gearless)?[confused]
Please someone guide me.....
Kannan

If it was not bike for me again, I would have gone with Honda Aviator with telescopic suspension works like a bike and has good height too !!

Thread Starter #13
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

But for the moment we have postponed the purchase, my wife's guide is going to US on Fulbright Scholarship so she is very busy this month. moreover when we returned from the TD our daughter (she's 2) was really ill. she hasn't recovered yet. even today i had to take her to doctor, before going to office.

Thread Starter #14
Hi friends,
In my earlier post i mentioned about the bad experience in Honda showroom!
well, i made a little comment in the website feedback form. The receptionist from Purackal Honda, Kottayam called me and said that the TD vehicles were used in the service division, that's why no TD was offered. i then asked her the TD vehicles are to be kept at showroom, if not how can the customer take a TD? moreover you could have displayed a new vehicle or explained the features etc.
she then tried to put blame on others asking who was on duty at that time etc..

then i simply said, just improve show the customer a little curtsey, it can't hurt you.

really i felt very bad, i have made many comments on automotive company websites, this was the first time someone who is not a high level manager calling into to ask the matter. i told her that too, then she said she's been working there for 1.5 years and thought she could call and clear things up.

really i am fed up with the way Honda treats people.

now i have a question for Admins

can we start a section in TAI, for leaving feedback (+ or -) and comments on Service centres/show rooms, across the country?

some points
1. it must be fully searchable
2. when we add a new feedback we should have dropdown lists prompting us to enter state, district, company, dealer etc. (minimize the duplication), plus a provision to add new if not existing.
3. upon selecting the general statistics only should be displayed (no of +, no of -, etc only
4. if the viewer chooses details then all the details and comments made bu TAI'ans should be displayed
4. if i am not asking for too much, we could add an option to link already existing posts to the feedback too

Admins please consider this. We are customers, we are paying our hard earned money to these Corporate Giants, and we expect little bit Customer Care.

We could give much publicity to this portion of the website, so that anyone (not even members) can search regarding a particular dealer) and i believe that would certainly help TAI to grow. Also we could get a certain acknowledgement from the Manufactures/dealers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom