Help Me to Select a Scooter for My Family.

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After a long time i'm posting a thread in TAI[clap].

Well I'm planning to buy a scooter for my family. It is mainly for my Wife & Partialy for my Dad. The usage will be 500-800 Kms Per Month. Iam looking for an affordable, economic yet good quality Scooter.

My considerations are TVS Scooty Pep+, Honda Dio, Hero Pleasure. Or else Can I Go for EV?

Please help me to select a vehicle for my family.

Last edited:
hey buddy i dont know if EVs can do well for that big running but you should definitely consider dio!!

I would suggest TVS Wego.

• New model
  • External Fuel filler
  • Front fork is in-line telescopic suspension

Or also check out Honda Avatior

Thread Starter #4
But the wego is going out of budget. Its almost 55000/-. But Pep + is 44000/- & HH pleasure is 48000/=.

What Will be the price of Dio anyway?

If your budget is limited go for Scooty Pep+, new scooty has also external fuel lid. My wife is using it for more than 5 years now.with no troubles at all. Only expenses done till today are change of Battery that too a month ago cost 1050, and a rear tyre cost 1250, with monthly usage of 1200 to 1300 kms. Milege is around 45-50 Kmpl.It is Maintannace free if you do the periodic service on time. Yearly service cost will not go above 1000 bucks.
Cheers! [:)]

i know the budget constrains for you to go for wego but if you can really stretch that few grands i would say go for tvs wego, am using it for the last 8 months and can say much better product compared to pep.
My friend just brought one for his wife few weeks back and the deal he got was for some 51K or less with all the accessories.Try it out.

Thread Starter #8
BTW Vijay, What is the mileage you are getting in the wego. Can you give the engine spec ie CC & Power.

Shall i consider mahindra Two wheelers[surprise]

Am using Wego too since 8 months and very satisfied with it. The best part about the vehicle is its road grip and very low on engine noise. I havent calculated mileage recently. Couple of months back it used to be @ 47-50 km / ltr.

Wego is a 110 cc with 8 BHP

no if you are planning for your wife or father better stick to wego, its new body balance technology uses better design to distribute weight of the scooter and feels light and easy to drive.Mahindra gearless scooters are good too but found them tad heavier to my choice for my wife or dad.it gives me constant of 45+ in city driven conditions.Also have driven few times with me, wife and both the kids on shorter distance and believe me its comfortable.TD one and decide.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks Vijay,

I'll try to testdrive the wego. After all it is for my wife and it should be the safest vehicle[:D]. My wife is less taller. she is 5' only. Will wego suit her[confused]

After you test ride, ask your wife also to try. She will be in a better position to judge whether the vehicle height is ok or not

well your wife would be the best judge to decide weather it suits her comfort or not, but generally would do as its lighter,easy to ride with comfort seats.
Another thing, if colour is not an issue in family do try to go for black one.

zengetz

Suspended
Good thread, I wanted gift mt wife an activa for her bday in October and we checked out the showroom last week and I was shocked to know there is a 5 month wait period.

I have no issue waiting but the bday gift would become the anniversary gift if I have to wait 5 month lol

So I heard Suzuki Access is an alternative. I am a noob with the two-wheelers so please need some gyaan !

Top Bottom