Purchasing Kawasaki Z800: Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I am planning to buy a Kawasaki Z800 super bike (Booking plan by June 2016). Hoping you all aware of this beauty.
My requirement is to own a inline 4 cylinder engine mated super bike. Budget is set to 10 Lakhs. Only Benelli 600i, Honda CBR650F, Kawasaki Z800 are in the budget. Took a test ride only for Kawasaki which was available and the bike look rock solid. Its very smooth and liked it a lot. Honda and Benelli too have their own advantages but there were no test rides in my city.

From dealership i got the following points:
1.Only 2015 models will be delivered now, since it is taking 7 months for getting the import from Japan.
2.If we change the exhaust to after market (Akrapovic, Two Brother etc.,) will not spoil warranty. Other exhausts might will not.

Need to know whether the above points are valid one and additionally is there any other points need to be discussed.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Purchasing Kawasaki Z800 - Need Advice

Hi,
If you have any of your friends own Z800, kindly let me know. So that i can check with them about the details.

Buy Kawasaki Ninja 650r than the Z 800 as 650 would be of relaxed drive than the Z 800 over long Journey's.

But still Z 800 looks more nice and it is more powerful than the 650 but 650's seating posture makes the rider to be more relaxed and lets the rider to cruise many miles without stopping.

Another model from Kawasaki available in India is Kawasaki Versys 650 , which is a tourer.

Since you are spending a huge amount, the purpose must be defined very clearly that the bike is going to CITY cruising or long HIGHWAY trips.

Z800 is surely not for long highway trips specially INDIA where the highway are not to the mark. So Ninja650 would be the better in this case. The seat positioning and the suspension is quite agile to give great comfort.

I am not sure about CBR650F, coz I have just test driven it for 2 kms that too in CITY, so couldn't judge it properly. Suspension was good on that too.

The bigger advantage of Ninja650 is the rear seat comfort which is not in Z800.

Better is to hunt for test drive for each model you shortlisted.

Thread Starter #7

Hi Guys,
Thanks all for your replies.
I already set the mind for an Inline 4 cylinder. So Z800 felt like a good choice. Gods Grace i booked and got delivered with in 45 days.
Ninja 650 is a very good bike, since i was keen to take a 4 cylinder. So only i didn't test ride that.

Mostly i use this Super bike daily or weekly thrice or 4 times or whenever i think.
But there is no plans for 300 kms plus ride in a day so far.

Last edited:

Hi Guys,
Thanks all for your replies.
I already set the mind for an Inline 4 cylinder. So Z800 felt like a good choice. Gods Grace i booked and got delivered with in 45 days.
Ninja 650 is a very good bike, since i was keen to take a 4 cylinder. So only i didn't test ride that.

Mostly i use this Super bike daily or weekly thrice or 4 times or whenever i think.
But there is no plans for 300 kms plus ride in a day so far.
Congrats on the Z800 , im sure you must be enjoying each and every bit of the beast like i do [clap]

Top Bottom