Suggest Lighweight Scooter: Scooty Pep+ vs Lets

Thread Starter #1
hello every one . i need to purchase a scooter for my wife .I (she) needed a light vehicle so i stopped at buying tvs pept+ , but listening to not so favorable review I researched and found suzuki 's lets as a light weight vehicle and a superb engine . but peoples are telling me its bad in servicing so i am stuck , many peoples are asking me to go for activa I .
I am not a expert in automotives and so kindly guide me for selecting better scooter so i dont regret over my purchase,thanks.

my requirement :- scooter , light weight .

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: suggetion required for purchasing scooter

You can buy Scooty pep+. My wife is using it since 2008. I also use it occasionally even for trips of around 50km, its still in perfect condition, light weight, have enogh power and getting very good mileage of around 65km, in my opinion best scooter for woman.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Some of the light weight scooters are:

TVS Scooty Zest: (about 97Kgs)

The engine : 109.7 cc 1-Cylinder, 4-stroke, CVTi engine for good performance.
It has powerful 110mm drum brake at front and rear for ensuring the safety of passenger and rider.

Power: 7.9 Bhp @ 7500 rpm power and 8.8 NM @ 5500 rpm torque on ride. Fuel efficiency about 60kmpl. Under-seat storage capacity of 19L.

Suzuki Let’s - 98Kgs

Single cylinder, air cooled, 2 valve engine. It can makes 8.7 BHP @ 7500 rpm power output and 9 NM @ 6500 rpm torque on ride. Fuel efficient about 60 kmpl.

TVS Wego (104Kgs):

Wego packed with all-aluminium engine and it delivers peak power of 8.1PS @ 7500rpm and 8Nm of torque on ride. It returns mileage of around 45km per litre on ride.

Hero Motocorp Pleasure - 101 Kgs

This scooter packed with Air- cooled, 4 – stroke Single Cylinder OHC engine. Engine features 102 cc engine displacement and churns out 7 Bhp @ 7000rpm power and 7.85 Nm @ 5000rpm torque on ride.

Fuel efficient about 35 to 45 km per litre .Brakes fitted is the Drum (IBS) brakes in front and rear.

Honda Activa i - 103Kgs

109.2cc, 4-stroke, SI Engine which can churns out 8 Bhp @ 7500 rpm power and 8.74 Nm @ 5500 rpm torque on ride. This 125cc scooter is a low end variant of Honda Activa.

hello every one . i need to purchase a scooter for my wife .I (she) needed a light vehicle so i stopped at buying tvs pept+ , but listening to not so favorable review I researched and found suzuki 's lets as a light weight vehicle and a superb engine . but peoples are telling me its bad in servicing so i am stuck , many peoples are asking me to go for activa I .
I am not a expert in automotives and so kindly guide me for selecting better scooter so i dont regret over my purchase,thanks.

my requirement :- scooter , light weight .
My ardent suggestion, never go in for the trailing link suspensions (Old School) like the Activa, Pleasure, Maestro, your better half will curse you for the back pains on rough roads.

Better TD all the Telescopic suspended scoots, and then decide.

Thread Starter #5

thanks a lot to all of you who took time to reply my query , i am greatful for your help in trying resolving my doubts
My ardent suggestion, never go in for the trailing link suspensions (Old School) like the Activa, Pleasure, Maestro, your better half will curse you for the back pains on rough roads.
I understand Activa I also belongs to this category , as my wife is highly inclined towards Activa I . so if this is correct i can ask her not to consider Activa _ I
my choice is still Suzuki lets , but i am told a lot of negative for purchasing suzuki lets and in favor of Activa I
same negativity goes for tvs vehicles ( i live in bhopal ) , so we decided against purchasing scooty pep+, wego etc , yamaha - alpha etc
the popular choice is Honda and then hero-pleasure
my query is , if i decide to purchase Suzuki lets , am i doing a bad decision for which i will regret

Top Bottom