New Bike 150 CC - 180 CC Under Rs.85,000

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am planning to purchase a new bike under 85,000/- by exhanging my existing bike and scooty (bajaj kristal). and paying extra of Rs. 25,000 - 30,000/- is not a matter.

My requirements:
Good resale value
Hassle free ownership
Easy spare part availability
good high speed stability

Kindly help me in buying.

Thank you.
Regards,
FordFiesta1.6

Re: New bike 150cc to 180cc under 85,000/-

Honda Hornet 160R - Style is Awesome in naked segment.

Though your last point - If you wish to do near 100 km/h - Then I suggest you look for Higher Segment Bikes.

Thread Starter #3

Honda Hornet 160R - Style is Awesome in naked segment.

Though your last point - If you wish to do near 100 km/h - Then I suggest you look for Higher Segment Bikes.
I don't like the Honda CB Hornet i personally don't like its looks. While you tell higher segment bikes may i know what brand and budget you mean by.[:)]

Why not stretch your budget and buy a high performance bike like KTM Duke 200?Its a hoot to drive.And,if you want scooter,go for Vespa 150 only if you want to roam within city.

Thread Starter #5

Why not stretch your budget and buy a high performance bike like KTM Duke 200?Its a hoot to drive.And,if you want scooter,go for Vespa 150 only if you want to roam within city.
No actually i want only bike but Music Swift i personally don't like KTM Brand I Mostly Prefer TVS, SUZUKI, YAMAHA and HERO. So kindly can anyone suggest me a bike from these brands.:please::help:.

Check Hero Xtreme Sports
hero-xtream-spo-sep-2015-pic1.jpg

During Jan 2016, my BIL got this in chennai. I feel discomfort while sitting at rear, apart from that I dont have any complaints on this.

Last edited:

If not Ktm then I'll Suggest you Apache RTR 200. It's a hoot to drive & handles very well!! If you want in 150CC category you should go for Honda Hornet Only because of It's better power than Fzs,gixxer & better resale. That's it from my side.

No actually i want only bike but Music Swift i personally don't like KTM Brand I Mostly Prefer TVS, SUZUKI, YAMAHA and HERO. So kindly can anyone suggest me a bike from these brands.:please::help:.
Well.....
For given choice of Brand value and budget of 85k plus : -

1. Yamaha FZ series - There are several variants but if you don't like naked styling then your only option is Frazer.

2.Suzuki Gixxer - If there is service center near your locality and again if you not like naked styling then SF - but personally I don't like Air Cooled Engine with Full Faring in this Hot Country.Though there is a Fuel injected version also launched during Auto Expo 2016 - so keep eye on it.

Above two are the only suggestion which tick your points - 'Hassle Free Ownership' and 'Good Resale Value'

I doubt about Hero's Resale value now - Excellent value then - when it comes with additional Honda Badges.

Last edited:

Well.....

1. Yamaha FZ series - There are several variants but if you don't like naked styling then your only option is Frazer.

2.Suzuki Gixxer - If there is service center near your locality and again if you not like naked styling then SF - but personally I don't like Air Cooled Engine with Full Faring in this Hot Country.Though there is a Fuel injected version also launched during Auto Expo 2016 - so keep eye on it.

Above two are the only suggestion which tick your points - 'Hassle Free Ownership' and 'Good Resale Value'

I doubt about Hero's Resale value now - Excellent value then - when it comes with additional Honda Badges.
Dude,Fz is the least powerful in this segment!!

Thread Starter #10
Check Hero Xtreme Sports
View attachment 194575

During Jan 2016, my BIL got this in chennai. I feel discomfort while sitting at rear, apart from that I dont have any complaints on this.
Thanks RKKOLLIPARA, i too like the styling of the Hero Xtreme But me and my dad mostly use the bike and we go in doubles and thats a problem because you said that the rear seat comfort is not good.

If not Ktm then I'll Suggest you Apache RTR 200. It's a hoot to drive & handles very well!! If you want in 150CC category you should go for Honda Hornet Only because of It's better power than Fzs,gixxer & better resale. That's it from my side.
Thanks Manish12345, I think apache makes more sense, But i don't like apache 200's looks for that why not i go for the 180 ABS?

Well.....

Yes i don't like the Looks of the FZ AND IN YAMAHA i think the Fazer has more looks but it too loses on power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Friends,

I am planning to purchase a new bike under 85,000/- by exhanging my existing bike and scooty (bajaj kristal). and paying extra of Rs. 25,000 - 30,000/- is not a matter.

My requirements:
Good resale value
Hassle free ownership
Easy spare part availability
good high speed stability

Kindly help me in buying.

Thank you.
Regards,
FordFiesta1.6
On a personal note and going by my experience, instead of recommending any over priced 150cc boy I would any day recommend a Pulsar 220.
Hardly 10k of stretch in budget but you get a proper powerful motorcycle (sports tourer) which is reliable and quick enough for highway rides.

Requirements:
Good resale value: My motorcycle has done 49k kms and still my service adviser offered me 50k for the motorcycle. That is good enough for a 3 year old example with 49k on odo.

Hassle free ownership: 4500 kms service interval, service bills between 800-1200.
For 50k kms; all I had to pay is for brake shoes, worn out tires, chain and sprocket set and routine service. Total is 4500 for tires, 1000 for brake shoes, 1300 for chain sprocket set. I guess that is a hassle free ownership/low maintenance. Ask Apache owners or R15 owners and you will see the difference of maintenance.
Clutch plates etc all are perfectly fine till date.

Easy spare parts availability: Always available at Bajaj A.S.S., every single spare for my motorcycle is available with them. I recently got my wiring harness changed (complete replacement) as a preventive maintenance and then got to know that at least the big A.S.S. always have the spares available with them.

Good high speed stability: Here the P220 is the undisputed king. The straight line stability of the motorcycle is unmatched. The motorcycle rides rock solid at 80-90 kph and remains under full control even under emergency maneuvers at the said speeds.

So my suggestion will be P220 because a puny 150cc engine for 85k doesn't click with me at least. Just add 10k more and you get a 220cc beast which has been into market for long, has got oil cooling and enough number of horses to propel you to 120kph in no time.

Thanks RKKOLLIPARA, i too like the styling of the Hero Xtreme But me and my dad mostly use the bike and we go in doubles and thats a problem because you said that the rear seat comfort is not good.
There are 2 variants - Xtreme & Xtreme sports,
Whereas Xtreme comes with a single seat and Xtreme sports come with double seat. I felt discomfort on Xtreme sport.
Have a test drive of both the variants and check. For me it’s a different scenario, since I started driving I prefer to drive any vehicle and not as a pillion rider or a co-driver. That is truly my perspective. But when I checked with my BIL on the rear seat comfort, he said it is fine and he has no issues.
My self- 5.11 and BIL – 5.8 was our heights. Since that might be also a reason.

Thanks Manish12345, I think apache makes more sense, But i don't like apache 200's looks for that why not i go for the 180 ABS?
Apache 180 ABS also good but problem is Tvs launching facelift of apache 160 & 180!! If you are ok with it you can try rtr 180. Even Pulsar As200 & Rs200 also very good. Pulsar 220 is outdated now.

Thread Starter #14

Apache 180 ABS also good but problem is Tvs launching facelift of apache 160 & 180!! If you are ok with it you can try rtr 180. Even Pulsar As200 & Rs200 also very good. Pulsar 220 is outdated now.
Ok But my only problem to go for bajaj is getting spare parts is really tough job thats why i hate bajaj. Yes even the Apache 180 is a good bike.

Ok But my only problem to go for bajaj is getting spare parts is really tough job thats why i hate bajaj. Yes even the Apache 180 is a good bike.
Can't agree on this one at all; I have owned a P200 and P220 in past and currently I own a P200 NS and P220 again; no problem of spares at all, dealers/service centers have the spares in abundance.

Top Bottom