Suggest a Bicycle For 13 Year Old Boy

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
I need to buy a bicycle with gears for a 13 year old son of my close relative. I am open for used bicycle also.
It would be used on normal town roads (not so good, not so bad) & occasionally it would be taken to hills. Presently he is using a stunt bike purchased 3 years back.

Budget is 5 to 10 thousands.

Re: Suggest a Bicycle for 13 year old boy

You must specify the height and weight and terrain type he is interested to drive the bike.

Thread Starter #3
His height is 5f +1cm, weight is 49kg.

Terrian: good to bad roads, occasionally in the farm.

His 'inseam height' is 31 inches & expected frame size is 20 inches.

I would strongly recommend you to go for Hercules Rodeo A100. This is the best bicycle I have ridden till date. It is priced close to ₹11,000. There is a new launch from Hercules namely Mayhem 26". According to the features given, it seems nice but it lacks disc brakes.https://www.bsahercules.com/hercules/bicycles/hercules-roadeo/mayhem-26

Happy purchasing!!
Harikrishnan

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks, Harikrishnan.

Now I have developed another thought, there is no bicycle track near home, & many times especially during holidays, when he goes outstation, it is important for him to carry the bicycle in the car boot, so I am thinking of buying a foldable bicycle.

Please guide me about their availability in India. Else I will hate to import it from Dubai. Posting few pics

Attachments

Thanks, Harikrishnan.

Now I have developed another thought, there is no bicycle track near home, & many times especially during holidays, when he goes outstation, it is important for him to carry the bicycle in the car boot, so I am thinking of buying a foldable bicycle.

Please guide me about their availability in India. Else I will hate to import it from Dubai. Posting few pics
I found a manufacturer named Firefox Bikes. It has some folding bike models. I think this KOMPAC ST 6 SPEED (FOLDING) is in your budget. FirefoxBikes >> Full Suspension >> Firefox >> Kompac ST 6 Speed (Folding)
There is also another bicycle of the same company named KOMPAC AL (FOLDING). FirefoxBikes >> Hardtail >> Firefox >> Kompac AL (Folding) I don't know if any other options are available.
With regards,
Harikrishnan

I strongly recommend you to stretch your budget little more and get the LA Sovereign Leopard 26.It has one of the best budget build quality from any manfacturer.If you strictly want to look below 10K,Btwin is a good choice.I would recommend you to stay away from Hero,Hercules,BSA and Firefox.

Top Bottom