Honda Activa vs Hero Maestro Edge vs Mahindra Gusto: Need Suggestion

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for mileage scooter for daily 30/35km city travel. I have shortlisted below scooter:
* Honda Activa - All time HIT
* Hero Maestro Edge - I like the feature but not sure about engine performance and reliability.
* Mahindra Gusto - I did not like the look but market reviews are GOOD. Beside this, I have no idea about engine performance and reliability.

Please suggest.

Re: Need Suggestion: Honda activa vs Hero Maestro Edge vs Mahindra Gusto

Hi,

I am looking for mileage scooter for daily 30/35km city travel. I have shortlisted below scooter:
* Honda Activa - All time HIT
* Hero Maestro Edge - I like the feature but not sure about engine performance and reliability.
* Mahindra Gusto - I did not like the look but market reviews are GOOD. Beside this, I have no idea about engine performance and reliability.

Please suggest.
If you have no budget constraints and are willing to wait for a while (waiting period), go for the Activa 125. It is an all-rounder, has performance, looks, brand image, resale value, quality, good FE and butter smooth engine. [:)]

If there is any specific requirement of yours, do let us know so we can suggest accordingly.

Widen your options sirji. As said by ice wise, activate is very smooth on the drive.

Another similar vehicle is swish by suzuki. It's 125cc, with digital meter. Very comfortable.

If you are thinking of budget then with a little companies go for duet my hero. It's engine is not as smooth as the former mentioned, but very stable, excellent rooted feel. It has telescopic suspension, mobile charger, good boot space. It's completely metal body.
Fuel efficiency of all these vehicles are almost the same.
All the best for your new vehicle

Thread Starter #4

If you have no budget constraints and are willing to wait for a while (waiting period), go for the Activa 125. It is an all-rounder, has performance, looks, brand image, resale value, quality, good FE and butter smooth engine. [:)]

If there is any specific requirement of yours, do let us know so we can suggest accordingly.
Thnks for quick response,
My constraint is that I want mileage vehicle. 123cc scooter is good, but I think it will not give good mileage.

Thnks for quick response,
My constraint is that I want mileage vehicle. 123cc scooter is good, but I think it will not give good mileage.
Yes Activa 125 won't give better mileage than 110cc ones in realistic confitions no matter how much Honda claims.

You can look at 100-110cc scooters and make your choice. You can wait for Hero's new scooter, or get away with Maestro Edge. But do note that 125cc Activa will be a lot more fun to ride at the expense of just ~5 kmpl from these kids. [;)]

There was one time when an automatic scooter meant 'Activa' and now there are a lot of options available. Take your own sweet time and test ride all these scooters (and compare the On Road prices) and see which one you are most comfortable with.

I am also in market for used one. Any suggestions about Yamaha Ray-Z; my mechanic says spare parts are cheaper and easy to maintain?

I would suggest mastro edge and duet. this new 110 cc engines are really smooth and the suspension is really good. does not bottom out. The duet is stable than maestro edge.

Check for Jupiter as well. Value for money and butter smooth engine. I am on the verge of booking one soon.

Avoid Gusto at all cost. Haven't received a positive reviews yet. Constant niggles, showrooms shutting down, spare parts problem, low FE. Mahindra 2 wheeler has only 1 showroom in Pune at Chinchwad near Thermax chowk.

Last edited:
Hi All,

ANy first had exp regarding hero edge/duet?
How was engine and mileage?
was low mileage problem in maestro was resolved?

Top Bottom