Buying a New Bike For Rs.80K - Need Help

Thread Starter #1
hi i want to buy a new bike.i want a reliable bike with high build quality.my budget is 80k.i hate bajaj.which one would you suggest.i need good pickup with good engine life thanks

Re: new bike help

hi i want to buy a new bike.i want a reliable bike with high build quality.my budget is 80k.i hate bajaj.which one would you suggest.i need good pickup with good engine life thanks
Since your budget is 80k then please consider Honda Unicorn also and do test drive . Good pickup ,best mileage and nice ride quality IMO.

According to your budget you should be looking for Pulsar 150, Unicorn 160, CBZ extreme, FZ 16. Unicorn is much refined of these. If you lookfoir sporty and powerful a,and FE go for Pulsar. If FE don't matter go for FZ16, if refinement matters go for unicorn. If you can stretch another 10k you can get pulsar AS 150 damm lunch and FE of 50kmpl in city.

Thread Starter #5
According to your budget you should be looking for Pulsar 150, Unicorn 160, CBZ extreme, FZ 16. Unicorn is much refined of these. If you lookfoir sporty and powerful a,and FE go for Pulsar. If FE don't matter go for FZ16, if refinement matters go for unicorn. If you can stretch another 10k you can get pulsar AS 150 damm lunch and FE of 50kmpl in city.
pulsar is a big no for me i have it already and it is only 1 year old and shockers are gone.bajaj has reduced their quality.so,what about yamaha fz or gixxer?

Go for Honda Unicorn, you will never regret for your decision on any front. Yamaha FZ and Gixxer look very sporty, but beware of comfort on these bikes and service related issues.

I second RK's advice.The refinement in Unicorn is very good.Mileage wise the 160CC engine gives good results.All Honda engines are also known for longevity and the efficiency to take abuse. So I would advice CB Unicorn 160 for you.Price wise,you may have to chip in little more. Ex ShowRoom :83949

Last edited:
if you can, wait for honda cb hornet 160r

Or else, FZ and gixxer both match your requirements of high quality, reliability and sporty looks.

Thread Starter #9
if you can, wait for honda cb hornet 160r

Or else, FZ and gixxer both match your requirements of high quality, reliability and sporty looks.
fz and gixxer? what about their engine life,do they create more noise after 1 or 2years? like pulsar 180s

fz and gixxer? what about their engine life,do they create more noise after 1 or 2years? like pulsar 180s
i own a 4 years old fz v1. no noise or performance issues till date. cant say anything about gixxer but it being a suzuki, shouldnt have any issues you are worried about

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
i own a 4 years old fz v1. no noise or performance issues till date. cant say anything about gixxer but it being a suzuki, shouldnt have any issues you are worried about
hi bro does its engine feel strainy after a long journey and is it silent and is there any vibration in the bike?

hi bro does its engine feel strainy after a long journey and is it silent and is there any vibration in the bike?
doesn't feel strained after long journey as long as you keep it below 95kph.
remains silent and i haven't felt any vibrations so far.

I own a 2011 model with narrow and hard seat so pillion gets uncomfortable after 1-1.5 hours on the saddle. But as far as i know this has been rectified in new revisions (2013 and above) of fz series.

pulsar is a big no for me i have it already and it is only 1 year old and shockers are gone.bajaj has reduced their quality.so,what about yamaha fz or gixxer?
Please check Pulsar AS150 it is entirely a new animal. This engine has no strain or vibration like in Pulsar 150, 180 UG4.5. Pulsar is abuse friendly, honda known for refinement and don't withstand abuses. Also service centers clogged of bikes so they are not keen tho your complaints.

Last edited:
Please look for Hero Xtreme, Xtreme Sports, Suzuki Gixxer, Yamaha FZ V1 and if you are in the 20's and 30's, Take a look at Apache RTR series.

Dont buy a Honda Unicorn now, quality is worser than the Pulsars.
Trust me, I have the first gen Unicorn, it is the most smoothest Unicorn ever made. After the updates, I never liked it.

I have no experience with the Unicorn 160, so I didnt suggest you.

Xtreme and Xtreme sports are too good, awesome indeed, best handling with comfy ergos, same Honda engine with true quality parts. The true no niggle 150 cc bike.

Gixxer is best in terms of dynamics and engine smoothness. The engine is the most punchy of the lot (next to RTR).

FZ V1, as we all know, bold and best in looks, punchy engine but struggles at top end.
I didnt suggest V2, my friend has recently spent some huge costs on FI system, something went wrong and the bike didnt even start. Looks like the FI was not supplying fuel.

Apache, is the bike of the lot that can be ridden in track. Most punchiest engine, most vibey engine, most fuel drinker. Very sporty, low set clipons and rear set foot pegs wont suit with uncles (above age 35) If you are in your 20s or 30s, you can be having real fun with this bike.

Pulsar AS 150 is also nice, but since you didnt wanted a Bajaj, I have not suggested it.
But it is truly one new segment in the 150cc class, a great tourer as well as a good city commuter.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Please look for Hero Xtreme, Xtreme Sports, Suzuki Gixxer, Yamaha FZ V1 and if you are in the 20's and 30's, Take a look at Apache RTR series.

Dont buy a Honda Unicorn now, quality is worser than the Pulsars.
Trust me, I have the first gen Unicorn, it is the most smoothest Unicorn ever made. After the updates, I never liked it.

I have no experience with the Unicorn 160, so I didnt suggest you.

Xtreme and Xtreme sports are too good, awesome indeed, best handling with comfy ergos, same Honda engine with true quality parts. The true no niggle 150 cc bike.

Gixxer is best in terms of dynamics and engine smoothness. The engine is the most punchy of the lot (next to RTR).

FZ V1, as we all know, bold and best in looks, punchy engine but struggles at top end.
I didnt suggest V2, my friend has recently spent some huge costs on FI system, something went wrong and the bike didnt even start. Looks like the FI was not supplying fuel.

Apache, is the bike of the lot that can be ridden in track. Most punchiest engine, most vibey engine, most fuel drinker. Very sporty, low set clipons and rear set foot pegs wont suit with uncles (above age 35) If you are in your 20s or 30s, you can be having real fun with this bike.

Pulsar AS 150 is also nice, but since you didnt wanted a Bajaj, I have not suggested it.
But it is truly one new segment in the 150cc class, a great tourer as well as a good city commuter.
thank you for your valuable suggestions i have raised my budget 1 lac 10 thousand can you tell me a little about pulsar rs200 like engine life vibes,etc

Top Bottom