Buying a Premium Commuter Bike For Rs.3 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
1. Budget - upto 3 lakhs
2. Pillion - is a must ! ride with 80% pillion at-least should manageable .
3 .Height - 167 cms
4. Weight - 72 kgs
5. Intended usage - commute 36 total kms up and down with about 25-30 kms with less trafic state two lane highway.
6. Fuel Efficiency requirement - 30 or more
7. City & Highway percentage usage - 20 / 80
8. Approximate Daily / Monthly running - 40 / 1200
9. City / Town /Village of residence - Town / village .
10. Brand / Bike type preference (if any) - Not a problem at all.

My current bike Suzuki fierro 1st gen 13 years old and crossed 2lakhs kms It will be with me till its end ( my first bike )
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5855-my-companion-decade-my-fierro.html

Bikes considered .

1.Tnt 300 - My nearest service center is 600 kms so no use
2. Inazuma - unlucky it got discontinued .
3 .AS200 - still in consideration ( Hate the semi fairing ns200 looked good )
4 . Cbr250r - May be in the final list .(Hate the faring though )
5. Fazer Or fzs - Still in the list .

Last but not the least this bike will be replaced by Tnt 300 or the rumored Suzuki 250 single cylinder ASAP or as soon as they arrive [:D] so if we go for Cbr250 we will loose a huge money during resale .The 150 cc bikes will fetch less loss during the resale .

Thread Starter #3
My bad It was supposed to be the second condition not a Bullet never . Sorry Bullet owners I had ridden one for more than one year and I hate it to the core .

TSIVipul Thank you buddy for the suggestion .( I think your tag line will do here If you own a Royal Enfield, then everything on this earth will definitely look 'more' practical. by....TSIVipul [;)] )
[/B] http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...323-burgman-premium-scooter-suzuki-cards.html

Last edited:
@maximas007 CBR 250. Why don't you want the reduced drag due to fairing ? It will save fuel too. IMO spending 3 lakhs on daily commute two wheeler is overkill.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
The Fairing...... [thinking] it feels very large and makes a lot of scratches and unnecessary attention .I have no other time to ride than the commute timing I avoid my cager just to have the fun of riding to and fro so the three lakhs ! we only have one short life.[:)]
So is the Tnt 300 is in the list which may cost 3.5 lakhs otr .

Sorry, (No Offence intended) - I don't understand any of the concept...

1. Looks like your Heart is saying TNT 300

2. But the nearest SVC 600 Km Away - So no Use.

3. So Now If you buy any Bike - It must be replaced by TNT 300 - But How ?

4. TNT 300 must be your weekend bike - not for Daily Commute.

5. With 3L ready at your disposal you are looking for FZ !!!

Now ;

TNT 300 is only viable to you if, There will be a dealership / svc need to open at your locality soon.

Last edited:
My First suggestion will be the TB 500. But then the second suggestion would be a Duke 390 which looks more sportier with the colours. And you can still look/check out the Kawasaki Ninja Z250, i agree with you that the pillion is not a comfortable one but then still TD it.

This one is my personal suggestion, buy a TATA Nano as your main requirement is highway drive and for commuting within the city then you can extend your budget a little bit and buy a middle variant of Nano so that all the persons will be quit comfortable. Even if it is raining or sunny it doesn't matter with the TATA Nano in the highways. And Nano returns a mileage of 20 - 25 Kmpl.

Thread Starter #12
Sorry, (No Offence intended) - I don't understand any of the concept...

No offence taken indeed thank you for the effort and time taken to help me .

1. Looks like your Heart is saying TNT 300

Heart mind my brain my body everything screams TNT [:D]

2. But the nearest SVC 600 Km Away - So no Use.

YES [frustration]

3. So Now If you buy any Bike - It must be replaced by TNT 300 - But How ?

Expecting a service center around my locality or atleast in 100-150 radius withn one or two years . Or else expecting the Suzuki adventure 250 cc which is rumored later. if possible better . If both are available I will go for Suzuki only

4. TNT 300 must be your weekend bike - not for Daily Commute.

You are making me sad is that difficult to ride for commute ?

5. With 3L ready at your disposal you are looking for FZ !!!

Just for the time gap I know it is not a good decision cause I already have a 150 cc but very old it needs a replacement soon.
Now ;

TNT 300 is only viable to you if, There will be a dealership / svc need to open at your locality soon.
SAD but true
Why not the Duke 390? It's a nice bike.
Buddy pillion ?

My First suggestion will be the TB 500. But then the second suggestion would be a Duke 390 which looks more sportier with the colours. And you can still look/check out the Kawasaki Ninja Z250, i agree with you that the pillion is not a comfortable one but then still TD it.

This one is my personal suggestion, buy a TATA Nano as your main requirement is highway drive and for commuting within the city then you can extend your budget a little bit and buy a middle variant of Nano so that all the persons will be quit comfortable. Even if it is raining or sunny it doesn't matter with the TATA Nano in the highways. And Nano returns a mileage of 20 - 25 Kmpl.
Some what I dislike Enfield but two of you guys suggested will TD it
No duke not my piece of cake sorry ..
Ninja again Pillion .
I already have a cager .In our town we have a peculiar problem in many roads two wheeler will be allowed but not the four wheelers I will take 20-25 minutes in a bike but 60- 75 minutes in a car .Again I am a biker by heart .
Duke is not applicable to OP because he need
Perfect buddy

Guys how difficult or manageable will be to ride cbr250 for commute

Last edited:
@Maximas:
Buddy take my word and save some more.

Why?

Buy a Ninja 650 or ER6N, it is a perfect sports tourer and will suit all your needs. Even I also went on booking one for me but had to back off due to some reasons (I just can't buy a motorcycle which can do 150+).

I'd recommend you go back to savings mode for 6-12 months and then buy the Ninja 650 or ER6N for 5.5-6 lac.

Thread Starter #15
If you are about to TD the RE then TD the Classic 500 and TB 500 back to back but my choice of ride would be the Classic 500 as it has more space for pillion than TB 500.
Ok advise taken will do it but still it will be the last option only.
@Maximas:
Buddy take my word and save some more.

Why?

Buy a Ninja 650 or ER6N, it is a perfect sports tourer and will suit all your needs. Even I also went on booking one for me but had to back off due to some reasons (I just can't buy a motorcycle which can do 150+).

I'd recommend you go back to savings mode for 6-12 months and then buy the Ninja 650 or ER6N for 5.5-6 lac.
You are damn sure giving Ideas for me to get poisoned by my own family[lol] already there is a lot of buzz in the family about the 3 lakh mark for a bike [frustration].

Top Bottom