Used Bike Options Under Rs.1.2 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: would prefer keeping below 90k, 1.2L max

> New or Used: used only

> Your Location: Lucknow

> Top Five Priorities
1. Reliability (don't have time to take it to a.s.s every now and then)
2. Performance (fun to ride)
3. safety (good brakes, handling etc)
4. long service interval (4 months / 3000km or more)
5. N/A

> For What Purpose: to make regular commute more fun

> Type of Bodystyle: naked or faired only. No cruiser type

I can't buy a new bike as i don't have the necessary documents, plus i intend to use the bike only for next 1.5 years so wouldn't prefer buying new due to depreciation. I have been riding fz16 since last 4 years so this bike should be a considerable upgrade over it.
Big no to pulsar, avenger and royal enfields.
I don't care about fuel efficiency.

What options do i have?

I have shortlisted these:

1. 2012-13 CBR250R std

pros:
more reliable than ktm
long service interval

cons:
lacks ABS
Expensive maintenance
poor tyres
heavy

2. CBR 250R ABS 2012-13

pros:
same as above plus safety of ABS

cons:
same as above minus 'lack of abs'

3. KTM 200 duke (2012-13)

pros:
more fun to ride than the cbr
feels just like fz16 with more power
light weight

cons:
unrealiable (can be a deal breaker)
lacks abs

4. I have considered R15, cbr150r as well, but i don't know if they are considerable upgrade over fz,moreoever these bikes are priced almost same as a 2011-12 cbr250r or ktm200

What suits best according to my requirements? I am confused. [confused]

I would say go for KTM Duke. Honda has reliability and quality in its favour but isn't as much fun to ride as the naked Duke. KTM is not a much established brand in India, but there are no major complaints regarding their after sales service, IIRC.

KTM would be more fun to ride, with acceptable quality for the price. You will feel like riding yur FZ, slightly bigger and with lots of extra power. To be true, both the options you have considered are worthy contenders. Do check out the used bike market and see what you can get.
Availability of a well maintained bike (over its pros & cons) would be a deciding factor.

OT - I seriously suggest you to consider a new bike for 80k-1L. Bikes are best bought new as you never know how they have been treated in thier initial days with the earlier owner, especially in case of performance oriented bikes like CBR and Duke.

I would go with cbr250 abs anytime and also searching one in the same price bracket but hard to get decent ones .I never liked Dukes for some or other reasons.

@ vin11 Going for a bike in 80k to 1 lakh wont be a upgrade and he had never worried about KMPL so let him enjoy a bigger bike for some time [;)]

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestions guys, as i had mentioned in my 1st post, i can't buy a new bike as i don't have the necessary documents with me. plus, i will sell this bike off in 1.5 years so due to depreciation, buying a new one doesn't makes sense.

@P3T3R : 390 under 1.2L is difficult to find. Even if i can find one, i would be skeptical why the owner is selling it for such a low price.

i would suggest a CBR 250R with abs any given day over KTM and RC not that they aren't good but many of us do not know how to responsibly drive such power horses. CBR 250 R is a nice bet as well as easy to maintain.

Dear friend bikes pose a threat to life. Buy a good used car for that price. Even a M800 will overtake a big bike in the highway. do not think about bikes ever.
If I have a Ferrari and Ninja in my stable I will be only riding definitely wont be driving he he[evil] .
I am a biker man you guys won't understand I think and I don't blame you each of us have their own view.
But in safety aspect even a Ninja will not match a Alto I agree :stupid:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Dear friend bikes pose a threat to life. Buy a good used car for that price. Even a M800 will overtake a big bike in the highway. do not think about bikes ever.
I agree, cars are much more safer than bikes, but there are multiple reasons i am not considering cars. I had initially considered fiat palio GTX, ford ikon 1.6 and accent viva. But since i am still a student, i won't be able afford high maintenance costs of these cars. i already have a chevy spark and a fz at my parent's home so I am not open to buy anything with less power than them.
moreover i don't have parking space for a car in the rented house i currently live in.

According to me if you are buying a 1.2 lakh bike, I would suggest to think more on Safety and quality.

For bike safety means minimum of ABS. For that CBR 250ABS, Pulsar CS200, Apache 180ABS are the three options you have.

CBR250ABS is little costly and can overshoot your budget.

If you are not in hurry then wait till this year end or JAN2016, hope to see new bikes in market. This may give time to accumulate a little more budget.

Thread Starter #12
According to me if you are buying a 1.2 lakh bike, I would suggest to think more on Safety and quality.

For bike safety means minimum of ABS. For that CBR 250ABS, Pulsar CS200, Apache 180ABS are the three options you have.

CBR250ABS is little costly and can overshoot your budget.

If you are not in hurry then wait till this year end or JAN2016, hope to see new bikes in market. This may give time to accumulate a little more budget.
Sorry i didn't updated this thread. I have already bought a CBR250R ABS Repsol edition [:)]

Congratulations!!!!! cool that's a good ride you bought. i have heard its the best cruiser in this segment haven't test driven it. one of my friends who owns it is all praise for it. will test drive it this week. why don't you start a ownership thread on the same so that we all can got through it.

Thread Starter #14
Congratulations!!!!! cool that's a good ride you bought. i have heard its the best cruiser in this segment haven't test driven it. one of my friends who owns it is all praise for it. will test drive it this week. why don't you start a ownership thread on the same so that we all can got through it.
I will think about opening ownership thread once i have clocked enough KMs on the clock. Its been 1.5 months and I still haven't completed run in period yet.

Top Bottom