Suzuki Gixxer SF or Yamaha FZ v2.0

Thread Starter #1
Hello bikers ! I am going to buy my first bike.. After a lot of research i have zeroed in on two bikes and that would be Suzuki's Gixxer SF and Yamaha's FZ ver 2.0!

I am working in an IT firm and i would be commuting approximately around 30 kms each day and maybe i would like to travel on some weekends to anywhere around the 150km range!

I don't like to spend much on my bike so i decided on the 1 lakh price range

As i personally don't have any experience with any of the two motorcycles i would like to have your invaluable suggestions ![;)]

My thought is that the FZ looks like a more sleek machine and it gives it that edge when commuting in heavy traffic whereas the Gixxer SF is faired and the doom should always keep you on your feet in heavy traffic areas !

Style wise i obviously like the Gixxer SF but Yamaha FZ's new color that has been launched, the MATTE GREEN makes me think twice

I would like people's suggestions on which bike should i go for taking in all aspects like mileage, performance, looks etc[:D]

Help me decide guys[confused]

Salem is not that much traffic prone if I am correct and also if your travel is more on highways do for Gixxer sf or else FZ .
Why not Gixxer itself without the fairing? if pillion is not a concern !

Thread Starter #3
Salem is not that much traffic prone if I am correct and also if your travel is more on highways do for Gixxer sf or else FZ .
Why not Gixxer itself without the fairing? if pillion is not a concern !
Actually I live in Bangalore and my hometown is Salem ! The plain gixxer doesn't please me as much as the FZ does ! I'm preferring gixxer only for the fairing on the sf version !

Go for Yamaha FZ V2. Very good handling bike. I am a owner of Yamaha SS125 since 4.5 Years. Even I am planning to change but only thing I am afraid is of changing from Yamaha. close your eyes and go for FZ.

I prefer the Gixxer over the FZ as I think it looks better. However, Yamaha is pretty good at making bikes. You should really take a TD because that will clear everything up. When you visit the showroom, ask about insurance and maintenance costs as that are a deal changer at least for me.

Top Bottom