In Need of a High Performance Scooter

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am stuck in buying a new scooter. What I need is high performance. I need to buy it before this month end. Price too is not a problem. Thinking about swish. But is it really having good performance? Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #2
Re: In need of a high performance scooter.

Also, which one performs better?? Swish or Activa or Vespa?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Also, which one performs better?? Swish or Activa or Vespa?
I am really bad when it comes to 2-wheeler buddy. With my limited knowledge I would say go either for Vespa or Activa. Reason, Vespa is one of the oldest brands to be revived in India and the Vespa scooters look elegant too specially in Red. As for Activa, its from Honda, and really popular with people of all ages. By a performance scooter, you mean better FE?

Here are some fellow members who can suggest you the right one!

Mr. Boss

RVSB

Vijay

Regards

Akash

If you are after performance, please TD Access 125. Its an old war horse, but I've seen people performing stoppie and wheelie etc (check you tube).
Also been using it for more than 2 years, although there are some niggles (low FE, poor headlight etc), I'm happy.
We both weigh total more than 150Kgs, and Access never complained about it.
You can TD Vespa also, I didn't consider it because of the low profile.

Swish should fit your requirements. I'm impressed with it's Highway performance and the seating comfort. I also have a couple of friends who are happy customers for about an year and around 10k on odo.
Haven't driven the new Activa yes, so no comments about it. If there is no budget constraint, you could consider Vespa as well (but IMO it is on the higher price to what we get) Both Vespa & Swish lacks a good spread A.S.S, but out of these 2, Suzuki wins.

If you could wait a bit more, hero dash/dare would be in the market as spyshots have started to appear and then you can decided

aero, high performance taking what you are looking at, is that outright acceleration or higher cc engines that you want.
access/swish 125, honda activa 125 and vespa as members suggested would suit your needs taking the test drives of all three of them.
Vespa being on higher side of pricing but gives you that retro looks as well as stands out of the crowd.

Thread Starter #8

By a performance scooter, you mean better FE?
No, better speed and pickup.
If you are after performance, please TD Access 125.
Also been using it for more than 2 years, although there are some niggles (low FE, poor headlight etc), I'm happy.
We both weigh total more than 150Kgs, and Access never complained about it.
You can TD Vespa also, I didn't consider it because of the low profile.
Low profile doesn't work on Indian roads.

Swish should fit your requirements. I'm impressed with it's Highway performance and the seating comfort. I also have a couple of friends who are happy customers for about an year and around 10k on odo.
Haven't driven the new Activa yes, so no comments about it. If there is no budget constraint, you could consider Vespa as well (but IMO it is on the higher price to what we get) Both Vespa & Swish lacks a good spread A.S.S, but out of these 2, Suzuki wins.
Okay, I get the point. But is there any better scooter than Swish or Access? Also, what is the difference between access and swish except styling and weight??? Please reply.

Vijay, I don't care about looks. I just need outright acceleration and speed.

Pravin, I cannot wait for any more time because my sym flyte is in a very bad condition and I always need to go out for far distances.

Last edited:
I have never ridden Activa or Vespa and neither Swish and access. My friends have a Maestro, an Aviator and a Ray and I must say that the Ray is the best. Since, I think Activa and Aviator share the same engine, Ray should be better than Activa. The pickup of Ray is very good, infact motorcycle type! And its brakes are also the best among these three.

Ray should be better than Activa. The pickup of Ray is very good
I agree to some extent. But after 50kmph Activa pulls good and Ray feels out of breath. We have both the scooters at home (along with Scooty Pep & Hero Pleasure) and I don't recommend Ray who wants performance.

Thread Starter #12
How is activa 125? Which is faster? Activa 125 or swish?
Also, what's the top speed of activa 125 and what's the top speed of swish 125?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Vespa is the best, but you will have to pay more money for its quality and ride.

Whereas second option may be Swiss125, Honda125 or Jupiter.

Considering other features, scooter in INDIA are moreover made for city ride with normal speed comfort.

You may ask for International models in scoters at Hyderabad Yamaha motor.

Top Bottom