Would You Buy the KTM RC390 For Weekend Riding?

Get it or Forget it

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
So tempted by this bike! Did a test drive the other day and really enjoyed it. Looks fab, Very nippy and manoeuvrable in traffic. Only downside my wrists were killing me after 15 min lol and personally felt it was a little underpowered. But superbly crafted and real value for money.

Would be fun for having a blast on weekends. I am torn between temptation [evil] (as I just love bikes of this sort) and guilt [angel] (as I got enough vehicles already but not a bike).
My head says no but my heart says go! Gonna sleep over it tonight but sooooo tempted to go and book it.
[confused]
What should I do?

Attachments

So tempted by this bike! Did a test drive the other day and really enjoyed it. Looks fab, Very nippy and manoeuvrable in traffic. Only downside my wrists were killing me after 15 min lol and personally felt it was a little underpowered. But superbly crafted and real value for money.

Would be fun for having a blast on weekends. I am torn between temptation [evil] (as I just love bikes of this sort) and guilt [angel] (as I got enough vehicles already but not a bike).
My head says no but my heart says go! Gonna sleep over it tonight but sooooo tempted to go and book it.
[confused]
What should I do?
Lol!
If your weekend rides are short and has more corners and twisties then I would suggest thia would be best bet.
If you're planning to go long rides, then it would be such a tiresome ride since the positiom is too much sporty rather the touring upright position.
While test drive I, myself found my palms paining after a short distance.

Big NO for weekend drives,please!
its a track focused machine, if you want a proper touring bike .
get
cbr250R
ninja 650R
else get a
Harley !
loads of accessories
and customisable for you.

regards
jacky

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the info about the track bit! I want a sports bike for blasts and not for touring. I also love the looks of the RC.
Am well used to sports bike having previously had a Aprilia RS250, Honda 400RR and a sports tourer Suzuki SV650.

@Adil:

If you like it, then buy it. Having ridden the Duke 390 extensively, I am hell impressed with the performance on offer for the money you pay. RC definitely gives you slightly painful wrists but lean a bit up front and you will find that the pain won't be coming so quickly any more.

MY vote: Go for it, you really live just once after all.

none of the bikes in the same price range offers the performance as the d/rc 390. it's a poor man's super bike in terms of performance.

the riding pattern on RC is going to take some time to get used to it. If you are person, with back spasm issue, stay away from RC. Having rode one from chennai to madurai. this is the VFM performance bike.

things to be cautioned:

1. throttle free play issue with all duke/rc providing you sudden adrenaline.
2. very stiff suspension. the potholes will spend a shock on your spine.
3. ride slow through pot holes, the front fork oil seal may give up when you hit a pothole hard.
4.when riding through broken roads be careful as the tyres as race spec and gets punctured easily. the tyres are low profile too.

Thread Starter #9
Considering that 100% of people polled (incliding one of them being myself [lol]) agreed that I should get the RC390 I have done just that.
Placed a booking with Varun Motors KTM in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad yesterday [:)].
On-road price 2.43, Deposit 30,000 and waiting period 30 days.
Price up by Rs 8000 compared to last year in view of excise tax [anger].

Last edited:
Considering that 100% of people polled (incliding one of them being myself ) agreed that I should get the RC390 I have done just that.
Placed a booking with Varun Motors KTM in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad yesterday [:)].
On-road price 2.43, Deposit 30,000 and waiting period 30 days.
Price up by Rs 8000 compared to last year in view of excise tax .
Now you need to find out a pillion who is as sexy as the motorcycle itself is for accompanying you on rides :biggrin:

Top Bottom