Need Advice on Buying My First Sportsbike

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Since my childhood I love Sports bikes so much that I cant express but never dreamed that I would have one. I brought a bike (HH HUNK) 5 years back when I started job and I enjoyed it a lot so far. Then I had to get a car and other stuff in life so bike left in dream. But now I think the time is appearing to make my dream true, so looking for you guys advice as I’m little puzzled about choosing the perfect one for me.

Back to the point, my 1st priority was getting a 1000cc sport bike (fully faired) and my budget is 10L or 12L max. I don’t want to put so much money like 15L just for a bike, as less as possible.

My 1st choice of bike was Suzuki GSX-R1000 due to its design and looks then Yamaha R1, Honda CBR. All these are 1000cc but above my budget. I also like naked bikes but not above fully faired. Then Kawasaki Z1000 caught my eyes and I’m amazed to see that and it was just little over my budget. But I don’t keep naked bikes at the top because of its seating position is not leaning like sports bikes.

I also look away from Suzuki GSX-R1000, Yamaha R1, Honda CBR as those all are older models (except upcoming 2015 R1). Then recently I saw Triumph Daytona 675 and its looks good, not exceptional and it had a showroom in my city (Kolkata) so its easy to get, also its in my budget. But the cons are its not 1000cc and its looks little slim (horizontal width) compared to other 1000cc sports bike and also I don’t know about the reliability of Triumph.

So need your advice, any other brand any models which you can suggest. Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Need advice on buying my first Sports bike

will Harley Do for you if yes then there is lot they can offer.However they are not sporty looking, they are basically cruisers. Triumph is a good & reliable company they are one of the oldest brands of UK. how about Yamaha YZF-R1 budget is around 10,50,000 Ex-showroom, also why dont you try Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS: 11,00,000 Ex-showroom.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Need advice on buying my first Sports bike

will Harley Do for you if yes then there is lot they can offer.However they are not sporty looking, they are basically cruisers. Triumph is a good & reliable company they are one of the oldest brands of UK. how about Yamaha YZF-R1 budget is around 10,50,000 Ex-showroom, also why dont you try Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS: 11,00,000 Ex-showroom.
Thanks for your feedback. My uncle has a Harley but I don’t like cruiser bikes, only Sports.

So far I’m only enquiring and checking over internet and couldn’t manage to visit any showroom as I’m really busy all time due to my work. BUT YZF-R1 is 10.5L? Really? I saw it around 15L Ex-Showroom or on road, if that’s true then definitely I will go for it, also I may wait for its new 2015 model even if it’s like pricy than this. I thought Suzuki GSX-R1000, Yamaha R1, Honda CBR all are around 15L budget.

Kawasaki machine and its designs are at the top but the Ninja 1000 is actually a cruiser more than a sports bike, it has upright seating position. Ninja ZX-10R is a sports bike but I don’t like its look and feel.

I will check with a local Yamaha dealer for the YZF-R1 price very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kawasaki ninja 10, Yamaha r1, gsxr 1000 will cost you around 15 lakhs for the ex show room price. all these bikes are power packed, not for commutes or city riding or even most of our highways are not suitable this bikes

I rode r1 and ninja 10r. i can say these bikes are more than what a Indian rider would use starting from the suspension, tyres, acceleration, top speed, fuel availability.

I would suggest middleweight super bikes like Yamaha r6 or ninja 650. A r6 should definitely fit your budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
kawasaki ninja 10, yamaha r1, gsxr 1000 will cost you around 15 lakhs for the ex show room price. all these bikes are power packed, not for commutes or city riding or even most of our highways are not suitable this bikes

I rode r1 and ninja 10r. i can say these bikes are more than what a indian rider would use starting from the suspension, tyres, acceleration, top speed, fuel avaialablity.

I would suggest middle weight super bikes like yamaha r6 or ninja 650. A r6 should definitely fit your budget.
Nice input, I knew about the prices. I would get this bike just for hobby, not for daily commute. I hardly ran my new car around 1500km in a year, so you can understand. I would ride it hardly once in a week if I get time and on freeway of course.

As a rider or driver myself I think any new machine takes time to fully familiar with.

ninja 650 is out of my list as it’s a curser type, not sure about the R6, is it available in India? I didn’t see that in their website. If available I would check that.

Hi all,

Since my childhood I love Sports bikes so much that I cant express but never dreamed that I would have one. I brought a bike (HH HUNK) 5 years back when I started job and I enjoyed it a lot so far. Then I had to get a car and other stuff in life so bike left in dream. But now I think the time is appearing to make my dream true, so looking for you guys advice as I’m little puzzled about choosing the perfect one for me.

Back to the point, my 1st priority was getting a 1000cc sport bike (fully faired) and my budget is 10L or 12L max. I don’t want to put so much money like 15L just for a bike, as less as possible.

My 1st choice of bike was Suzuki GSX-R1000 due to its design and looks then Yamaha R1, Honda CBR. All these are 1000cc but above my budget. I also like naked bikes but not above fully faired. Then Kawasaki Z1000 caught my eyes and I’m amazed to see that and it was just little over my budget. But I don’t keep naked bikes at the top because of its seating position is not leaning like sports bikes.

I also look away from Suzuki GSX-R1000, Yamaha R1, Honda CBR as those all are older models (except upcoming 2015 R1). Then recently I saw Triumph Daytona 675 and its looks good, not exceptional and it had a showroom in my city (Kolkata) so its easy to get, also its in my budget. But the cons are its not 1000cc and its looks little slim (horizontal width) compared to other 1000cc sports bike and also I don’t know about the reliability of Triumph.

So need your advice, any other brand any models which you can suggest. Thanks

hey bro,
thumbs up for your racing mind!

for beginner 1000cc class is not a start, the throttle response of those bikes are really sensitive and its really recommended not to buy a sport bike of 100cc class all of a sudden,
i am in to sport bikes for 2 years,

in 1000cc class
nothing can beat
1st s1000rr,
2nd fireblade,
3rd rv4
4th zx10r
i have seen all these machines in stock condition performing in madras racing circuit and kari moto speed way,

s1000rr is far supreme and 45l budget is very high for you,
rsv4 is also tough

i will not recommend zx10r if you are in to SBK life, its a sad point having a less performing bike between SBK friends circle,

better buy the best one which is available in your budget,

for that i would strongly recommend you the

LEGENDARY the king of sub 700cc class

the all New Almighty ""DAYTONA 675""
i have seen it in action , drove it !.
the rhythm of arrow exhaust and 14000 rpm shift indicator is dashingly GREAT to feel .

As you get a race tuned bike from factory there is nothing to upgrade in it
the
adjustable suspension,
steering dampers,
the Ball shaking Arrow exhaust
the race setup seat position
and with that supreme 3 Cyl ice cake {GOD}

really to say, i never felt that much handling and power with butter smooth engine before!

the sound of engine less than 5k rpm is different, you can hear it.
i liked that sound very much, i noticed all helmets turn to see whats that idling in the signal [:D]

MAN !, go and test drive it!. (you are sold),
don't forget to take helmet and jacket with glows to showroom before TD. [lol]

Daytona 675, is yours! , keen to see a ownership review here in TAI .

there are two models in Daytona,
daytona 675 ,
daytona 675R( i am saying about this bike )

if you want to keep budget low, Std daytona is not a setback, you can go for it and add up that screaming Arrow exhaust IN !

regards

jacky.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
hey bro,
thumbs up for your racing mind!

for beginner 1000cc class is not a start, the throttle response of those bikes are really sensitive and its really recommended not to buy a sport bike of 100cc class all of a sudden,
i am in to sport bikes for 2 years,

in 1000cc class
nothing can beat
1st s1000rr,
2nd fireblade,
3rd rv4
4th zx10r
i have seen all these machines in stock condition performing in madras racing circuit and kari moto speed way,

s1000rr is far supreme and 45l budget is very high for you,
rsv4 is also tough

i will not recommend zx10r if you are in to SBK life, its a sad point having a less performing bike between SBK friends circle,

better buy the best one which is available in your budget,

for that i would strongly recommend you the

LEGENDARY the king of sub 700cc class

the all New Almighty ""DAYTONA 675""
i have seen it in action , drove it !.
the rhythm of arrow exhaust and 14000 rpm shift indicator is dashingly GREAT to feel .

As you get a race tuned bike from factory there is nothing to upgrade in it
the
adjustable suspension,
steering dampers,
the Ball shaking Arrow exhaust
the race setup seat position
and with that supreme 3 Cyl ice cake {GOD}

really to say, i never felt that much handling and power with butter smooth engine before!

the sound of engine less than 5k rpm is different, you can hear it.
i liked that sound very much, i noticed all helmets turn to see whats that idling in the signal [:D]

MAN !, go and test drive it!. (you are sold),
don't forget to take helmet and jacket with glows to showroom before TD. [lol]

Daytona 675, is yours! , keen to see a ownership review here in TAI .

there are two models in Daytona,
daytona 675 ,
daytona 675R( i am saying about this bike )

if you want to keep budget low, Std daytona is not a setback, you can go for it and add up that screaming Arrow exhaust IN !

regards

jacky.
Hey jacky,

Thanks for your input. Basically I know about these bikes as I’m fascinated since my childhood. I was driving Alto and M800 for many years and then suddenly shift to Verna and then I felt the difficulties to driving it, but soon it went fine. Same I think for a higher cc bike. I’m not a person who will upgrade to higher and more higher CC bikes in future, like 1st 600cc and then 1000cc, I don’t like buying and selling it after few years as this waste money. I want to buy and keep at least for 10years.

Also I don’t want to put huge money for it, as I just married and will be a family man soon. That’s why I took 10L budget. And My bike will be just for hobby, not for racing, I generally drive slow and carefully. Just enjoy the rides on a safer side. Also don’t have much time for this these days.

I think the power difference between a 700cc and a 1000cc bike shouldn’t be way too much. I have started liking the DAYTONA 675 but don’t know the difference between the STD and R version. I will definitely take a test drive soon. Also I kept the Kawasaki Z1000 optional, I will decide later. Both costs almost same.

I think the power difference between a 700cc and a 1000cc bike shouldn’t be way too much. I have started liking the DAYTONA 675 but don’t know the difference between the STD and R version. I will definitely take a test drive soon. Also I kept the Kawasaki Z1000 optional, I will decide later. Both costs almost same.
The R has
Ohlins TTX rear shock
NIX30 inverted fork.
Brembo Monobloc brake calipers
new lightweight switchable ABS
quickshifter
carbon-fiber cockpit panels
carbon-fiber rear hugger
red subframe
red wheel pinstripes

where these all are not needed for street use,
standard comes with ABS in stock, just go for it!

Thread Starter #9
The R has
Ohlins TTX rear shock
NIX30 inverted fork.
Brembo Monobloc brake calipers
new lightweight switchable ABS
quickshifter
carbon-fiber cockpit panels
carbon-fiber rear hugger
red subframe
red wheel pinstripes

where these all are not needed for street use,
standard comes with ABS in stock, just go for it!
Hi, thanks. Yes I checked the details and difference yesterday, however the stuff of the R version are cool but the additional 1.5L isn’t worthful I think. The STD version is ok for me. I will decide it later. Also I’ve kept Kawasaki Z1000 optional.

R6 can be sourced via CKD route. Ninja 650 is not a cursier. it's a sports tourer. It can do a top speed of 215 to 225. I have pushed it to 190.

I would suggest daytona 675, then comes ninja 650 and then r6.

Thread Starter #12
also consider cross plane for seconds , in olx or something.
cross plane? if you mean pre-owned to look for in OLX, then actually i never wanted to buy pre-owned stuffs, also I scares to choose one and the time it will take to check selected bikes, I dont think i could manage. Still I will try. Thanks

Actually I was looking for more model details with their price, there have many more models those are not officials/promoted by the manufacturer or no details in their websites but still sold in India like Yamaha YZF R6, Ducati etc, MV Agusta etc. If any model price is good what type of I’m looking for.

Hi, why not try the all new Kawasaki Ninja Z800? Its a great bike and there are quite a few ownership review. Its better than most bikes. Power is great and it might be a bit less than 1000 cc but its nonetheless a fast bike.

Thread Starter #14
Hi, why not try the all new Kawasaki Ninja Z800? Its a great bike and there are quite a few ownership review. Its better than most bikes. Power is great and it might be a bit less than 1000 cc but its nonetheless a fast bike.
Thanks. Z800 is good and the engine capacity is also good and I would be happy about its price. I dont know how much exactly it cost but as Z1000 cost 12L ex-Showroom so it should be far less. But after looking at Z1000 design, Z800 looks like the previous Z1000 design. So not impressed.

Also my primary target a fully faired sporty bike. In street/naked bikes the seating position is upright. So if no luck at last, then I will check for this.

Thanks. Z800 is good and the engine capacity is also good and I would be happy about its price. I dont know how much exactly it cost but as Z1000 cost 12L ex-Showroom so it should be far less. But after looking at Z1000 design, Z800 looks like the previous Z1000 design. So not impressed.

Also my primary target a fully faired sporty bike. In street/naked bikes the seating position is upright. So if no luck at last, then I will check for this.
Yes, it does look like the previous gen z1000 but its not true that ALL
naked bikes have upright position. Besides even if they do isn't it true that its more comfortable than the leaning position of sport bikes? It doesn't have much angle but it surely is leaning. Here are some links check them out ( mods I hope its okay to post links from another website)
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800 - Team-BHP
My Mean Green 2015 Kawasaki Z800 - Page 5 - Team-BHP

Top Bottom