Should I Go For Honda CB Trigger?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everybody. I am planning to buy new bike and thinking about honda cb trigger. I want to know about this 150cc bike. I want to know whether its engine is relaible and worth money? Is there any problem related to this bike's performance i.e, vibration in engine and all. Right know i am having pulsar 150 but now it is 11 years old and i want to give it some rest. It was my first bike and never gave me any major problems in all those years. Also i never used honda brand and heard that honda is far better than others. Is there anyone who has honda cb trigger? please share your experience about this bike

Vijay79@

Honda launching the new unicorn 160 today. Check out in nearest showroom.

CB trigger is a failed model for Honda. It was rebadged version of already failed CB Dazzler.

I am not sure it will be in production after new unicorn launch. Go for it only if you are ok with this and getting a good discount (Which is highly impossible)

Yes i too agree with Releesh, honda have launched new unicorn 160.Check this bike at the showroom and buy this new launched one.It would be much better then the cb trigger bike.

You could wait for a week and then visit to a Honda showroom for 160CC Unicorn.

Other model you can think of,
- Hero CBZ xtreme [You will miss the comfort on the front seat; non flat seat.]
- Yamaha FZ 16/S V2 [Comfortable for both seat]
- Suzuki Gixxer [Non Comfortable for rear seat]
- TVS Apache 180 ABS [I think ABS variant is the only VFM in apache series. You must have to get used to such driving position].

Amitpshelke@

BTW thread owner asks for the Honda bike experiance and wether it is VFM or not. You are suggesting other brand bikes.

You have any experiance on the Gixxer rear seat? Why you mention it as non comfortable rear seat?

I had seen your picture comparison with FZ V2 rear seat in other thread. But real experiance may differ.

FZ v2 has lesser power compared to Gixxer and FZ V2 is more costlier now.

Apache 180 ABS version has Approx. rs.10 k more price than Apache 180 excluding all taxes & insurance.They are asking 14-15 % money only for ABS. You feel this is VFM?

Last edited:
Honda is know always a VFM brand. I wouldn't recommend trigger even though honda says it will not be discontinued. the just discontined stunner which is a awesome bike.

My suggestion is CB unicorn 160cc. It's tried and tested brand. downside is only 14.5 bhp. it shouldn't be a issue if u look back at FZ with 13.1 bhp.

I feel that they should have given rear disk as a optional one. I don't think the CBS is effective with disc- drum set up.

CB Shine is a good bike but with serious stability issues and Handling issues.Main cause is the Rear Weel Tyre Size.You can upgrade it but you will void your warranty.This also posses a risk to your Safety.You can look at the TVS Phoenix 125 Disc and the Bajaj Discover 125 ST Disc.These are known to be the best 125cc in our Country today.Remember,TVS has better Quality than Bajaj.Honda Spares are costly but are very reliable.If you are out to the 150cc segment,You can also look for the Discover 150,TVS Apache RTR 160,Hero XTreme and Yamaha FZ/Fazer.These are the best 150cc in the country.I wouldn't suggest GiXXeR because of some quality issues many owners are going through.Deep Frame Rusting on a Brand new Bike and that too a Suzuki.

Last edited:
my Beastie had cb trigger.
he is happy with his purchase
Honda uses many quality parts in engine
engine head and bore kits are always a premium quality
if you maintain the bike as per scheduled service intervals and take to service station if something is wrong . surely Honda will give smiles to you.
the actual part is getting a best dealership with better service experience.
that's very important.
outside service guys dont know how to service a honda ..especially engine parts.. they are advanced.. and have many little little parts which adds value and quality to bike which other brands lack.. but not yamaha..
you can always compare prices of other brands the costly will be Honda because of its one step more quality in it..
Honda supplied engine to hero these days..
so happy motoring
think before you buy..
also a main thing.. sit and drive the bikes all of your choice. see the comfort init. after that you buy..

note: i am not saying other brands are cheap and less in quality.
in my experience i have heard lot about honda.. about their quality and silent engines
vibrations are present in all new bikes.
you must not drive for mileage in mind for 10k kms..
drive the bike till 70% rev band.. dont settle in low rpms..
if engine is set at low rpms in 5k kms range.. you are done .. cant exceed 80kmph... else your engine will stress.

tip:change engine oil at 500kms
then use mineral oil and change cycle to 2.5k kms for first 10k kms..
you will have a super smooth engine and ready to fly in just a twist of throttle..

Honda is know always a VFM brand. I wouldn't recommend trigger even though honda says it will not be discontinued. the just discontined stunner which is a awesome bike.
Though Honda has good quality products, i never tell their products are VFM.

CB Shine is a good bike but with serious stability issues and Handling issues.Main cause is the Rear Weel Tyre Size.You can upgrade it but you will void your warranty.This also posses a risk to your Safety.You can look at the TVS Phoenix 125 Disc and the Bajaj Discover 125 ST Disc.These are known to be the best 125cc in our Country today.Remember,TVS has better Quality than Bajaj.Honda Spares are costly but are very reliable.If you are out to the 150cc segment,You can also look for the Discover 150,TVS Apache RTR 160,Hero XTreme and Yamaha FZ/Fazer.These are the best 150cc in the country.I wouldn't suggest GiXXeR because of some quality issues many owners are going through.Deep Frame Rusting on a Brand new Bike and that too a Suzuki.
.Yes. Shine comes with same size tire in front and rear. But warrenty will not void due to changing the tire.
Shine is a good bike for somebody,who always ride below 60km/hr.

Its Bajaj 125 M is available now. I heard they stopped 125ST .

GIXXER quality issues many owners going through[confused]?

If you can for for the GIXXER,I wouldn't recommend one because of Quality issues.I can recommend the RTR 160 Which is a good Balance of Power,Mileage and Comfort.

^^ Sorry Bharath.

I cant agree on your comments regarding Gixxer, though i never used Gixxer. The case you mentioned may be only incident. It is the best in the market in case anyone looking for 150cc naked bike.

I own a 4.5 years old GS 150R which run 74 k Km , it doesnt had a covered parkingin my home & office too.,I am from Cochin,think about the climate hre, It faced all the rain and sun from day one. It doesnt have rust on any parts, even it's seat has stock seat cover till now.
We have more than 3 lakh Km run zeus(2007) in my family. also a hayate 2 years old.
As per my experiance the one thing you can guarentee in a suzuki 2 wheeler is its build quality.

Yes Mr.Releesh,Including the Samurai which is of Top-quality from those days and She survves still now.I have special respect for Suzuki for their Build Quality and this issue is only on GiXXeRs and Not Hayate,Slingshot,GS150R,Samurai.Just GiXXeR.I can Agree with you on the Suzuki Part because My Uncle owned a Samurai which was maintained in top condition.

If you can for for the GIXXER,I wouldn't recommend one because of Quality issues.I can recommend the RTR 160 Which is a good Balance of Power,Mileage and Comfort.
How can you say rtr is a better quality one?
My close friend has 160
He suffered a lot. I cannot specify those here... Other owners may fell bad..
But i surely will not recommended RTR ..
Sorry bro if u am rude

Top Bottom