Need a Bicycle Under Rs.16,000

Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz,Bharath here.I had already posted another thread regarding a Moped for me as I am only 15 and will turn 16 next year (January 2015).One big problem was both my parents rejected it suddenly and they said I can buy a Bicycle under 15,000 Maximum and I can't increase it more.

I am

Age-15
Hieght-5.6"
Weight 63 Kg

My Current Cycle

09" LA Sovriegn Spark Black Edition (6 Years Old)

Preferences

I ride 7 Km everyday and will keep the cycle with me for atleast 5 Years.Will be riding it on very bad roads so I need good Build quality,Ride Quality and Comfort.Will also have some fun on weekends like Drifting,Skidding and also some Whielieng so Light-weight is also a Factor

My Primary Needs

Dual Discs (Front and Rear)
Front Telescopic Shocks (Front Suspension)
Shimano Geared (Any number of gears)
Mountain Cycle Design
Any Color (Red,White,Blue,Black Preffered)
Thick Tyres

Brands Preffered

LA Sovriegn,Xbicycles,BSA,Hercules,Mongoose,BTwin.etc

Brands Rejected

Hero !

Primary needs in the Cycle

Seating Comfort on Bad Roads (This is where she will spend her life)
Good Build Quality (Espicially the Rims as my Older one gets to bend very easily)
Good Ride Quality
Head-turning Factor [:D]

When I will get my Cycle

November 2014

Cycles I like

LA Sovriegn Leopard 26 21 Speed
xBicycles Camber 26 21 Speed
Hercules A300 26 21 Speed
Hercules Geolander

In these three,Which can I go for ? given that one ticks the Boxes I have given ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Cosmic Voyager looks well and has all the fetures that a 16k cycle would have at the price range of 9k-10k.
My Recommendations : Cosmic Voyager and Hercules Geolander.

BTW, From where you will buy the cycle ? From stores or Online ? If bought from online, I think you need to assemble it.

Thread Starter #4
I am buying it from Super Cycles,Virugambakkam.They say they have every cycle listed and I need to come there,Check and TD it.Thank you

Thread Starter #5
EDIT - I TD'd the Cosmic Voyager 26 and was Awesome !! Loved it !

Many suggested me the Btwin RockRider 5.1 but It is almost 15K with absolutely nothing except for a Front Suspension which is feel is waste of money.Does anybody have experience with the RR 5.1 ?

Thread Starter #7
Ha ha ha ! So true bro ! But I also got to ride the Others.But the Guys don't give me a TD Bro !! [frustration] The Problem with the Cosmic Voyager is It feels small and is also Too Short for me !

Thread Starter #8
Yo RSVB,People say Cosmic Brand is Pure Chinese ? And That Cosmic Voyager I drove,Had it's Frame Rusted and Brakes Failed.I have dropped the Cosmic Voyager.Instead looking for xBicycle and LA Sovriegn and I hate the Rodeo !

Thread Starter #11
Thank you for Your Valuable Suggestion Mr.AMG,One thing is My Original Budget was 13K and 16K is the Max I could Raise.I am very Sorry as I have also mentioned that I will be riding it over Very Bad Roads.

Thread Starter #14
EDIT-One superb Cycle shop "My Cycle" has Opened up near my House.I saw the xBicycle Camber 26 21 Speed.It's Build Quality is Top-notch,Has Shimano Clicktype 21 Speed Gear with Friction and Grip Controller,Dual Petal Discs.High Speed Stabilizer.etc for Rs.9.5K and Guys,The Specs and Price is Mouthwatering.It is atleast a 100 Times better than the Rodeo A300 which is 5K More Expensive ! Those Guys (Uffff after 8 Long years,I could finally get Original Spares for my Ride) have all the Original spares.xBicycles and LA Soveriegn is considered the Audi and Mercs on roads filled with Hyundai,Maruti.etc so It is a Superb head-turner but the same way,Spares and service will cost a Bomb and will Burn a Big Hole in your Pocket ! So I am looking between the Hercules Rodeo A300,LA Soveriegn Leopard 26 and this xBicycle Camber 26 which is the Top-of-the-line of xBicycles.You guys gotta help me out here ! Thanks

Guys,My Old Babe was bought for Rs,.6K and she still demands a very very Strong Resale value of Rs.3K and 6 People are ready to buy.That too after 8 Long Years ! I was really surprised that time.Many of my friends own a Hercules and they all said My Cycle won't go for even 1000 Rupees and when the Heard this,They were like [shock] My Bad,I will get the new one only on November that's why I am waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom