Suggest a Good 2nd Hand Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey folks ![:)]
So, my dad is searching for a second hand bike within 15 k ![evil]
He wants a *4STROKE* bike which gives a good mileage .
Here is the list which we expect:
> Mileage between 50-60
> Usage: 80% Highways and 20% city.
> Less or NO maintenance costs.
> Budget is max. Rs. 15000
> He got aged and doesn't want a bike which is too sporty or racy.

Considered bikes:
- Honda Stunner/Hero Ignitor
- Honda Unicorn
- Yamaha SS125/Gladiator
- You tell me more !

Choose me a good bike !
Thanks in advance !!![:)]

Budget is max. Rs. 15000
> Mileage between 50-60
> Less or NO maintenance costs.

Considered bikes:
- Honda Stunner/Hero Ignitor
- Honda Unicorn
- Yamaha SS125/Gladiator
- For 15k you can't get any of the listed bikes in good condition
- Don't expect 50kmpl+ from such examples

Suggestion:
- Extend the budget (30k) if you expect a trouble free ownership
- If budget is limited, try looking for TVS Star family, Bajaj CT100/Platina, HH Splendor (one more???)/Passion, Yamaha Crux

PS: what's wrong with the current Splendor?

Exactly as what Mr boss said, you can get hero honda splendor, Passion, bajaja ct100 in that price brackets.
For higher variants stretch your budget to get likes of unicorn.stunner.

I am doubtful if even a dead Splendor will come for 15k.

Here I have seen near dead splendors selling for 20k with new owners looking as happy as if they have got a brand new one.

Thread Starter #5
- For 15k you can't get any of the listed bikes in good condition
- Don't expect 50kmpl from such examples

Suggestion:
- Extend the budget (30k) if you expect a trouble free ownership
- If budget is limited, try looking for TVS Star family, Bajaj CT100/Platina, HH Splendor (one more???)/Passion, Yamaha Crux

PS: what's wrong with the current Splendor?
A strict No No in budget extending as dad booked TVS Wego
My dad wants a bike in Karnataka as he is there for his work and wants a bike there to drive in highways. So, Wego will be in TN , Splendor is UP and Kinetic is GJ and all lost their papers and driving other state bikes is a huge headache. So wants a KA registered 2nd hand bike which will last for another 5 yrs after buying.

In general KA resale value is more when compared to TN due to taxes .
I have seen unicorns from 20k .
A unicorn with spokes wheels should be around your budget and will suit your dad the best .
100cc bikes sometimes have more resale value due to their good mileage.
For 80% highway use for elderly people Unicorn is the best .

^^ but these old unicorns will not available with zero maintenance.

Check out Old yamaha libero, crux or Suzuki zeus, heat etc. which will be available in less than 15k rs and required less maintenance cost.

Bro,I am telling you is The Best Bike you will get at this Budget is definitly a 2 Stroke.Take the Samurai for Example.The Bike's Name itself says "The No-Problem Bike" and also the Mileage is excellent around 50-55 KMPL,This bike ain't too Sporty or Racy.You will get a good one for for 6K,Refurbishing (Engine Rebuild,Rust and Dent Removal,Carburetor Cleaning,New Battery and Horn,New Air Filter,New Lamps and Indicators,Touch-up,Polish and Wax) 6K and You are good to go.I am damn sure,The Samurai will be the best here and will never give you any Problem.And Don't you ever expect a 4 stroke bike under Rs.15K for Highways.

Thread Starter #9
And Don't you ever expect a 4 stroke bike under Rs.15K for Highways.
If 4 strokes itself is not a fit for highways, then how 2 strokes can suit highways ?

@ Releesh
Dad borrowed a Yamaha Libero of his friend but the problem is that libero is TN Registered but dad doesn't like that bike much. He just uses it.

You think so RSVB ? I gotta tell you Folks,Samurai has the best set of Seats in a 2 Stroke Bike and very good Seating Position.It can do 90 Km/h leisurely and It can do it All day long.I have been in the Bike for 150 Km or 3 Hours.Chennai to Coimbatore and Return on the Same Bike.I was also sitting at the Pillion Seat and It was very Comfy.We traveled at 90 Km/h which is near to the Bike's Top Speed (96 Km/h) for The Whole 150 KM,TWICE !! She never gave any Problem and the Engine note was also Pure Music to Ears Bro.Ofcourse some Vibrations were present but it is not very much to Annoy you.She gave around 35 Kmpl at 90 Km/h Speed which is great for a Good Ol' 2 Stroke.

What I am Telling you is

1) You can Get a Good Running Samurai for Rs.6K
2) Small-Restoration

Engine Rebuild (If it has crossed 40K Kms)
Gearbox Flush and New 2T Synthetic Oil
Carburetor Cleaning
Rust Removal both on Frame and Metal Body Panels,Petrol Tank
New Coat of Paint (If needed)
New Maintenance Free Battery or Old Battery Recharge
New Bulbs,Lamps and Indicators If needed
New Rubber Parts on Foot Pegs,Kicker Boot.etc
New Horns (If needed)
Get Meters Working
Water-Wash,Wax and Polish
New KA Registration

3) That's it !! She is all set to Roar

Good thing about Karnataka is that police don't bother people riding two wheelers from other states. I , myself, riding my Pune registered bike for last 4 year and no hassle from police. They know most people get transferred frequently (corporate jobs) and cannot keep on registering to different RTOs. Though police here strict on cars registered outside the states (mostly luxury cars)

@RVSB: Considering the KA prices of used vehicles, it is quite difficult to get a well maintained & maintenance free bike (of your list) with this budget. I would suggest either to revise the budget or change the preference.

I have been in the Bike for 150 Km or 3 Hours.Chennai to Coimbatore and Return on the Same Bike.I was also sitting at the Pillion Seat and It was very Comfy.We traveled at 90 Km/h which is near to the Bike's Top Speed (96 Km/h) for The Whole 150 KM,TWICE !
Chennai-Coimbatore is 150km / 3Hrs one way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom