Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS/SS? Help Me Friends!

Thread Starter #1
HELLO FRIENDS...

I have planned to buy a bike that fits in my budget, also to mention i will be buying this bike on a LOAN! 30%/70%

After Months of research i have decided to go for The Pulsar 200 NS which fulfills all my desires of commuting, as my previous bike was a TVS Apache RTR 180 (2011) which i recently sold to my friend this year. also to mention that the apache vibrated a lot...!!!

But i have recently read at many blogs/forums about a new Pulsar Variant being launched this OCT 2014 that is Pulsar 200 SS also to mention about the camouflaged P200SS been spotted while testing in the Himalayas.

Help needed to decide....

1. I have test driven the Duke 200 and it accelerates as if its on steroids will i get the same feeling with the P200ns ? as i did not get a proper test drive of the p200ns bcoz bajaj dose not allow me to test the bike outside the premises of bajaj showroom!!!
  2. I know the pulsar 200 NS vibrates too but does it vibrate as much as the RTR or less?
  3. Ive heard that the Pulsar 200 SS have reduced NVM Levels and refinements

Most IMPORTANT Question!

The P200NS is priced @ 98000 on road Mumbai @ all the Authorised Bajaj Showrooms where else all the dealers are selling it @ 93k to 94k on road [confused]
WHY IS IT SO?

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS/SS ? Help me Friends!!!

In my region 200ns cost Rs. 1,00,170 on-road.if you want fully faired 200ss,please wait for its launch.[:)]

Last edited:
Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS/SS ? Help me Friends!!!

But i have recently read at many blogs/forums about a new Pulsar Variant being launched this OCT 2014 that is Pulsar 200 SS also to mention about the camouflaged P200SS been spotted while testing in the Himalayas.
Then wait for it.

Help needed to decide....

1. I have test driven the Duke 200 and it accelerates as if its on steroids will i get the same feeling with the P200ns ? as i did not get a proper test drive of the p200ns bcoz bajaj dose not allow me to test the bike outside the premises of bajaj showroom!!!
  2. I know the pulsar 200 NS vibrates too but does it vibrate as much as the RTR or less?
  3. Ive heard that the Pulsar 200 SS have reduced NVM Levels and refinements
1) My friend owns a 200NS and I have experienced a lot of it. The motorcycle accelerates very well, though it isn't like the way Duke does but still it's 'quick'.

2) Not as much as the RTR.

3) Chassis, engine and suspension are same. Only a front fairing will be added, so don't expect any significant change in NVH.

Most IMPORTANT Question!

The P200NS is priced @ 98000 on road Mumbai @ all the Authorised Bajaj Showrooms where else all the dealers are selling it @ 93k to 94k on road [confused]
WHY IS IT SO?
Don't think and buy from the one who is selling at lowest price. Maybe they are offering discounts.

The Best Acclerating Fun and Thrill is given by only 2 Bikes under Rs 1 Lakh

The Apache RTR 180 ABS
The Pulsar 200NS

The New-gen Apache RTRs have very much improved NVH (Noise,Vibration,Harshness)
they also have Re-Designed Seats,Fully new Seating Cushion resulting in Better Comfort

I would go for the RTR 180 ABS if you want Accelerating Fun and Thrill.Look what the Shogun did back in the 90s !! The same is happening here today but with some better Tech stuff

Also Most Important,ABS !!

If you still want to go for the Pulsar,Wait for the Fuel Injected Version or the Pulsar 200NS.It gives a bit more Power,Mileage.

Thank you

Any more detail on the acceleration part my friends ?
The Best Acclerating Fun and Thrill is given by only 2 Bikes under Rs 1 Lakh

The Apache RTR 180 ABS
The Pulsar 200NS
Apache has got the feel and Pulsar 200NS has got the 'real' thing.

Apache with is strong low end and mid range feels like it has got the wheel lifting performance while the Pulsar 200NS is the one with wider spread torque and such a smashing top end that you will always love to rev it beyond 6k mark. And believe me boy, where Apache is dead at anything above 8k rpm, the 200NS actually shines there with an addictive power delivery.
Go through this review, maybe it can help. This motorcycle is with my friend and I am fond of its handling, braking and the exhaust note it produces on higher revs[music]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...3826-bajaj-pulsar-200ns-test-ride-review.html

:agree: Mr.TSIVipul.I love the Engine of both these bikes and as you said,You are right Apache is Dead after the 8K RPM Mark and It really struggles and also takes forever to reach it's Top Speed.Whereas the 200 NS has it's Power delivered in a Perfect way in From Idle to it's Redline.Same here also ! I love the 200NS because of it's Handling,Engine and the Braking but not the Exhaust Note Though !! I also heard that KTM Engineered this bike completely without Bajaj's Help.

Another thing,TVS-BMW has started testing their Draken RTR 250 Bike and will be available on 2 days before my Birthday (January 14th 2015) !! and is expected with a 1.3 Lakh Price Tag ex-Showroom.On-road will come upto 1.5 Lakh.It is also expected to be a Single Cylinder 4 Valve DOHC 4-Stroke Liquid Cooled producing an Unbelievable 38.50 PS (38 Bhp) of power and 23 Nm of torque (30 Horses on Tap) !! and will be completely R&D'd,Designed,Tested by TVS Team without any help with BMW.The bike will get some interesting bits like a full LED headlamp with DRLs, active matrix digital console, bar end mirrors, ABS, petal discs, 120 mm front tyre, 160 mm rear tyre, offset monoshock,race ergonomics, etc.

You can wait for the Next Gen RTRs too.It is done with the Help of BMW which is particularly focused on Vastly Improving NVH,Tyres (Full Handling Part),Power delivery throughout the Range.

Another thing,TVS-BMW has started testing their Draken RTR 250 Bike and will be available on 2 days before my Birthday (January 14th 2015) !! and is expected with a 1.3 Lakh Price Tag ex-Showroom.On-road will come upto 1.5 Lakh.
If it doesn't launches and doesn't come with this price, then I will literally KILL you[evil] (sorry if it hurts, just for fun !)

@TS
As you already got fed up with Apaches, I dont think you will be ready/buy another Apache. Pulsar 200 NS is the best due to the VFM factor and has the best features except the speedometer console comparing Apache RTR.

@TS
As you already got fed up with Apaches, I dont think you will be ready/buy another Apache. Pulsar 200 NS is the best due to the VFM factor and has the best features except the speedometer console comparing Apache RTR.
Err.. I haven't ever owned an Apache buddy and neither planning to own one. But have experienced it extensively for sure.

Thread Starter #13
Yes correct as I have already used the apache I don't feel like buying the apache especially because now there is only one service Center in Mumbai all rest have closed the service part is bad the bikes r amazing that's one reason I sold that bike.

P200NS yes I'm welling to purchase as the duke is out of my budget
I had test driven the duke wid my gf and inspite of a pillion it pulled like a hyper bull charging!!! What a pull it was!!!in each gear!!! I was just in love with the power!!!

I had test driven the p200NS at bajaj thinking I'll get similar power delivery there as they share almost the same speed timings from 0 to 100 mark and also bhp difference is very less like p200ns is 23.5 and duke is 25 that's just 1.5 bhp difference

The thing I did not like about bajaj is that they made me test drive a bike which is having a white number plate that means they r gonna sell me or someone the same bike ready in lot which they let anyone test drive... I mean how can they do that!

Also as I sat on the bike started the engine revved higher than 5k the vibrations wer felt under the seat and the pillion which wer disturbing
They did not let me test the bike out on the road they told me just test here in the compound and I could not even go above 30kmpm speed coz the place was so small so no proper test drive where else I test the duke wid my gf on the pillion from 0 to 120 mark (an amazing experience)
Plz provide me inputs with the vibration part as I have suffered vibrations on apache too and it gets really irritating if one has to go like a 200 km journey on the bike just to impress his girl [:D]

Last edited:
Sir,I highly suggest you to wait for the Fuel Injected version of the 200 NS which will replace it's Carburetor with an EFI inturn giving more Power and Torque.It will also have many Bugs and issues fixed and One is Engine Overheating.Thank you

Top Bottom