Bajaj Pulsar 150 CC vs TVS Apache 180 CC

Thread Starter #1
hi i want to buy new bike as pulsar 180 really sucks. i have two choices pulsar 150cc and apache rtr 180cc which 1 is the best according to engine life and all that thanks

AMG

Suspended
Re: new bike help

Whats wrong with the Pulsar 180.
I wanted to buy one.

And since you're hating the P180, the P150 is a strict no-no.

Get the A180. But then you'll not get that level of refinement. So get a FZ or the new Gixxer.

You are used to a 180cc engine, I don't think you will good riding a 150cc so I will recommend the Apache or the new Karizma or maybe the R15. Still if you want to go a 150cc, please consider the Hero Hunk for a change! The bike has a great riding position and is very stable![:)] I own one.

I can Suggest you the Apache RTR 180 (With ABS if budget permits).If you can get the ABS,Yours will be the first ever V2 RTR 180 with ABS in TAI.As you are used to a 180cc Engine,You will notice the Downgrades if you are Choosing a 150cc bike.All The Pulsars except for the 200NS and the 220F looks severly Outdated as it has been here for nearly a Decade,Whereas The New gen RTRs looks Top notch and Upmarket.Trust me The Newgen RTRs are Headturners.The RTR is a perfect strike between Performance and Mileage.You can get a mileage of 40-45 Kmpl in city Atleast.Performance and Thrill is What the RTRs are Famous for.No other bike except a 2 stroker gives that kind of thrill at its Price point.The New RTRs have a Redesigned seat and a Retuned Engine and Improved NVH Levels.The Vibrations are gone and you can Really Notice it after riding the V1 RTRs.Vibrations are gone as below from 2k RPM.The Engine though is still Raw and It isnt a Honda.The New gen is .2 Seconds Faster in the 0-60 Kmh and is A Second Quicker in the 0-100 Kmh and Top Speed is 132 Kmh which is 4 Kmh More than the Old RTR 180.The Seat has been Completley Redesigned and with better Cushoning,The Ride Quality has Also Improved.The Looks are also a killer.I Suggest you Testdrive the Bike Sir.Thank you

Tvs is good in looks and performance but reliablity same like bajaj but hero and honda are very reliable and not so great in looks.its a matter of choice what do you want most.

you had the test of 180cc before so downgrading to p150 or any other 150cc(except r15) fi or carb bike will make you feel bored.

rtr 180 abs is a good bike. only bike in 1 lakh segment with abs. performance and top speed wise it's a bit better than p180.

bikes to look for are rtr 180 abs, karizma r, p220, 200ns, zmr( bike with best mileage of 51.5 in highways tested by overdrivei in 200cc class). if you can afford a bit more, go for r15.

all the above bikes are tried and tested, pick the bike that suits you after test riding

Last edited:
Apache is little raw on power which you will love but it loses out in refinement. New Fz-s looks better but then the power has gone down which already feels little slow compared to A180 but then refinement levels are best in class. If you are used to A180 , you will feel the need for power So, I would advice you to look at 200Ns eventhough expensive by ard 15k, it feels smooth, powerful which is best of the above and has a big bike feel to it.

Can any one let me know what is the difference between a A180 and A180 cc ABS. currently available in showrooms ?
What i believe is ABS Version just provides you get a great deal of braking system. A true life saver. Anything else refined in the ABS version in A180?

@chinmaya
Nothing else. Only different paint themes.

@TS
I would suggest you a pulsar 200 NS. You are used to a pulsar right? Then why not another pulsar with bigger engine?
Did you try Karizma ? Its engine is a pure gem which does not need any other special maintenance.
Order of bike ranking from 1 to 4 ( best to least ) Pulsar 200 NS -> Karizma -> Apache RTR 180 ABS -> Pulsar 150

Top Bottom