Help Selecting a Scooty For 53 Year Old For Daily Use

Thread Starter #1
Background:
My father is 53 years old and he is suffering from Osteoarthritis (Osteoarthritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) , it has got something to do with knees . HE cannot climb steps or walk any uneven surfaces. He is a government School teacher and we are based out of a small remote village in AndhraPradesh . Well , he had no prior experience in bike or nor 4 wheeler . Hence , I'm planning to get a gear-less scooty to him.

Purpose:
-To commute to his office (school) daily (~10km to and fro) and also to make frequent visits to near by town and for all household activities ( won't carry this scooter for beyond 100km (to and fro , just taking the worst case scenario ) under any circumstances).
-Take my mother to visit relatives and other neighborhood places.
This vehicle will be shared by my brother & I when we visit our native . Max usage will be 300~500 km/month

Requirements:
-No Activa, he feels its too heavy. As he is a patient and it has to be light weighted . This is my utmost priority and next is mileage.
-FE: 40~45 kmpl (happy if we can get more)
-Soft ride , comfort and user friendly as he has no prior experience in motor vehicles.
-Rear seat comfort (though it will be used for short rides only, my mother's comfort is also )
-Budget: around 50k
- it is for a long term purpose .
- keeping rural Indian roads in mind , I would request you to suggest.

I drive the 110 -150 cc geared motor cycles but never tried a scooty or any gearless vehicle. SO i have no idea about the feel and experience .

As I'm gonna plan a first big gift to my father (instead it is a necessary thing for him now) and it should meet his requirements and should commute to his work happily and should get rid off his pain as he is on medication.

so , I would sincerely urge fellow automative india members to suggest me .

Thanks a ton in advance

I have TVS weego , pep , streak in my mind for now and no idea how to select among these 3 itself . so feel free to name other models too provided if they satisfy my criteria.

Re: Help selecting a Scooty for my 53year old father for his daily usage

Streak is soon to be replaced by a new model with the Wego's engine. Either you can wait for that or go for the Wego, which is quite an easy to use, solid and peppy commuter.
You may even consider the Jupiter, but I haven't experienced one, so don't know about it's weight.

Help selecting a Scooty for my 53year old father for his daily usage

scooty onroad 50k ..
others costly
scooty is lightest of all than streak.
scooty pep will be best option. with good economy

go for Yamaha Ray. Cost may be 2-3k more on road.

But it is the most suited vehicle for your father as per the requirements.

Light weight & small, Good milage, good seat & suspension.

In case of OA, go for a scooter which has facility for refuelling without getting down from it.
I mean avoid those which have fuel inlet under the seat.

Also, you need to look for good amount of knee room when he sits & alight.

Last edited:
Wego/Jupiter/Rodeo are the scooters available in the market with the above mentioned facility. But you need to compramise on other requirements in case you are selecting this.

In these scooters, Wego is better suited.

@Abhi

Wego is the best suited for all the requirements you have mentioned here. Just go with it blindly buddy and your Father will really enjoy it !!

Top Bottom