[What Scooter?] Suzuki Let's vs Honda Activa-i vs Hero Maestro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey Folks!
I want a scooter for daily commuting(don't ask me why don't you pick a bike) and the commute will be for atleast 12km up and down!
I recently saw the 125cc scoters which are low on mileage(a small bit) and I don't like their styling(except Swish).
My height is 5'5" and weight is 67 kgs
I want a lightweight scooter(don't ask me why) and for my surprise, Suzuki Let's is weighing only 98Kgs[:D]
I think Hero Maestro Will get out of the list But having it in the list only for its Bold Look!
Now came to 110cc scooter segment and narrowed my list to three scooters:
~ Suzuki Let's(My heart is on this scooter[:D])
~ Honda Activa-i
~ Hero Maestro(More power and torque than Activa[clap])

Now, GURUS, I need your help for deciding a scooter for me!

Thanks in Advance!

Thread Starter #3
You can even consider the TVS Jupiter which is also a great city scooter with enough power, good equipment list and good space.
I need some power like Suzuki Let's Which is fun to ride on! It weighs only 98 Kgs and having 8.7hp power and 9.0nm torque![:D]
i need something like this![confused]

Never driven Suzuki Let's, so nothing to comment about it. If you are looking for better performance, other products from Suzuki (especially Swish), Mahindra are good choices. And they are steady even at high speeds (driven till 80kmph)

Recently purchased Yamaha Ray for my dad. Best suitable for short people (also leg reach is far better than other scooters available in India) When coming to the performance, it isn't impressive. But it will never let you down.

I'm not satisfied with Activa-i suspension (Front) don't know why, but not upto the mark (Personal opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Mahindra are good choices. And they are steady even at high speeds (driven till 80kmph)
But see in Mouthshut reviews of mahindra rodeo SYM (not RZ). They posted Bad reviews like 30-35 kmpl mileage[frustration], etc which makes me refuse this scooter

And Activa 125 ruled out from the list because of hefty price.

BTW, My price range is about 60k onroad. May stretch it little bit!

The Last question in this post:
Does the Mahindra Rodeo RZ is Powerful as suzuki let's? as the rz is having 111 kg weight and outputting only 6.0kw.

Last edited:
But see in Mouthshut reviews of mahindra rodeo SYM (not RZ). They posted Bad reviews like 30-35 kmpl mileage[frustration], etc which makes me refuse this scooter

And Activa 125 ruled out from the list because of hefty price.

BTW, My price range is about 60k onroad. May stretch it little bit!

The Last question in this post:
Does the Mahindra Rodeo RZ is Powerful as suzuki let's? as the rz is having 111 kg weight and outputting only 6.0kw.
I have a rodeo rz at native my father in law using it daily, when ever i go there i used to drive it i like the way it behaves in high-speed, suspension ride quality, breaking and it gives decent 40+ mileage even if i drive it badly

Dont trust me, try test drive and tell

Thread Starter #9
I have a rodeo rz at native my father in law using it daily, when ever i go there i used to drive it i like the way it behaves in high-speed, suspension ride quality, breaking and it gives decent 40+ mileage even if i drive it badly

Dont trust me, try test drive and tell
Sorry for noob question and as i have not gone to buy any scooters as my dad goes to
The question is Does Test drive COST?[confused]
I like Rodeo RZ very much but the mileage reviews makes me nervous!

Last edited:
I don't know for sure, but i do think that weight of the vehicle (especially 2 wheelers) play and important role in balancing or while braking. Both myself and my wife are heavy type, that's why i chose the Access 125.
Even thought the FE part has heavily disappointed me, in all other aspects I am happy.
The service centre was not good i had to give the scooter for external service.

Cons of Access125
- headlight
- horn

The question is Does Test drive COST?[confused]
Not at all! test drive is our privilege. and we should demand one. I made a complaint against Honda , for declining test drive and within a week they called me back and asked me where i want the test drive, i said that i don't need one. then they requested me to drop a line stating that i am satisfied with the test drive.

Last edited:
Some likes banana and some like jackfruit, other guy may wish mango

So it depends up on your liking, every scooter has its own merits and demerits, you only know what suits you better.....

No one manufacture a faulty or failure product intentionally

So, Which is the BEST Scooter except Jupiter and All above in the OP?
you want a "best"? it goes like this,
TVS Scooty Pep - best pricing
TVS Scooty / Streak - best mileage (based on personal experience)
Honda Activa - best selling
Yamaha Ray / Honda Dio - best styling

Which "best" to choose is upto you.

Thread Starter #15
you want a "best"? it goes like this,
TVS Scooty Pep - best pricing
TVS Scooty / Streak - best mileage (based on personal experience)
Honda Activa - best selling
Yamaha Ray / Honda Dio - best styling

Which "best" to choose is upto you.
I want Best Power!:lol!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom