Please Suggest a New Bike For Long Journey

Thread Starter #1
dear friends,
I would like to know any good bikes that comes under 4 lakh which can take me or with a companion for long run (around 600km) without much strain on body, can cruise around 120 kmph[glasses] and good on mileage :), my experience with bikes are minimal, I had a kinetic honda when i was in collage and that was long back, so inviting your valuable suggestions on this.[:)]

Re: please suggest a bike for long journey

Honda CBR 250 ABS is the motorcycle to go for. In case you wish to stretch a bit then Ninja 650 is a fantastic sports tourer.

The bikes that will be comfortable for long distance rides are cruiser bikes. Options will be Bajaj Avenger(very comfortable riding position), RE Thunderbird350/500, Hyosung, Harley Davidson Street750.

The order specified above is from least exensive to expensive. HD ST 750 will be around 5 Lacs INR and will have some waiting period

Last edited:

The bikes that will be comfortable for long distance rides are cruiser bikes. Options will be Bajaj Avenger(very comfortable riding position), RE Thunderbird350/500, Hyosung, Harley Davidson Street750.

The order specified above is from least exensive to expensive. HD ST 750 will be around 5 Lacs INR and will have some waiting period
I agree with you buddy but having ridden the cruisers a couple of times(Avengy, RE etc) I have found severe handing issues with them and for the speeds like 120 kph(as mentioned by Indynetra), I believe that a sports tourer can be a better option.

I agree with you buddy but having ridden the cruisers a couple of times(Avengy, RE etc) I have found severe handing issues with them and for the speeds like 120 kph(as mentioned by Indynetra), I believe that a sports tourer can be a better option.
You are true. But sporty bike causes severe back pain during long rides. I have personally felt sporty bikes have a awkward sitting position and can affect back and neck during long rides. There is no more fun than cruising on a cruiser! Just my personal experience.

It will cause as much strain as a massage with exotic herbal oils followed by a lavender bubble bath.

Nix. Nyet. Ciper. Zero.

Offcourse long drive will be only comfortable by the bikes that comes in category of Cruiser. Sport bikes are meant to built for high speed cruising, but the condition is the road has to be good and lesser traffic, so that you can enjoy the ride.

In case for long drive Cruiser bike will always be a first choice. Bike like RE Thunderbird, Hyonsung Aquila, HD [all bikes.... but it will be little or more out of budget.].

You have some other option in offroad-touring category bikes KTM Duke, Bajaj NS200, Mahindra Mojo[yet to launch].

Go for RE Thunderbird 500. Has good pickup and very comfortable seating which ensures you can do 100+ kms without any strain. Initially you will find the bike heavy but slowly you get used to it. However FE is low but you can't expect much FE from a 500cc cruiser bike.

Top Bottom