Honda Dio or Vespa S?

Thread Starter #1
I'm confused between both. I loved the orange color and the matt black color and also the square shaped things in Vespa S but i love the dio with some modifications like projectors lights and graphics. ( It looks awesome and tempting )
I don't think projector light will go well with vespa s since its having square head light.

Guys what are your thoughts !

PS: I'm considering looks over performance since i dunno much about the performance of both. comparison would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Dio is easy to modify but performance is less compared to Vespa S. You're sure to turn more heads in a Vespa S which is stock rather than Dio modified. If your budget allows then I'd recommend the Vespa S. Also modifying a new Dio to add projectors will void your warranty. Plus the quality of a Vespa cannot be compared with the Dio.

Thread Starter #3
Dio is easy to modify but performance is less compared to Vespa S. You're sure to turn more heads in a Vespa S which is stock rather than Dio modified. If your budget allows then I'd recommend the Vespa S. Also modifying a new Dio to add projectors will void your warranty. Plus the quality of a Vespa cannot be compared with the Dio.
My heart was all set for Vespa S but once i saw few modified dio with projectors, i'm having a second thought !

Choose wisely so that you don't regret it in the long run. Like I said Vespa has a good bulid quality, better performance and looks than a Dio. I dont think its worth going for a Dio just for a projector and some stickers.

Thread Starter #5
Choose wisely so that you don't regret it in the long run. Like I said Vespa has a good bulid quality, better performance and looks than a Dio. I dont think its worth going for a Dio just for a projector and some stickers.
Thanks for your input.. Guys any suggestions?

Did you checked the availability of Dio with local Honda showroom. In our area Dio has 4 months waiting period. for the mat grey & yellow, it will go upto 8 months.

I think you already checked the price difference with both.

About performance, Since Vespa has 125 cc engine, surely performance will be better than Dio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
I did not check for the waiting period of Dio for those colors. i checked for vespa orange and mat black, they told both are available with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vespa S OTR price in Bangalore would exceed Rs. 75000; Dio would be Rs. 20000 cheaper that that for which you can get 'n' number of accessories/mods.

Ultimately it depends on what you want out of your scooter. Take a test ride on both scooters and decide.

Plus the quality of a Vespa cannot be compared with the Dio.
In what terms, may I ask?

Vespa is keeping the prices high to show that its a premium vehicle? Why on earth are they doing that? It doesn't look premium in any sides for me. Is there any difference in quality to ask for a premium of 20,000 Rs. Mileage ? Power? May be a little. But they have a stiff competition from Activa 125 now. Where will they run?

I own a vespa lx and its been total bliss owning this vehicle for the past 6 months.No problems whatsoever. Superb ride quality, comfort design.

In my opinion the main thing to consider is whether vespa will still be here 5 years from now. Honda is established and one can count on them. Also service and spares availability would be far better with honda.

Thread Starter #14
I own a vespa lx and its been total bliss owning this vehicle for the past 6 months.No problems whatsoever. Superb ride quality, comfort design.
Great ,so Vesp S will have better comfort.. Thanks for the info

In my opinion the main thing to consider is whether vespa will still be here 5 years from now. Honda is established and one can count on them. Also service and spares availability would be far better with honda.
Good pint. I agree to your comment.

Top Bottom