kindly suggest good bike considering following :-

1. comfort
2. maintenance
3.mileage

i'll be using same for around 1000kms month
driving area - mostly bangalore east

purchase this month

Hi,
You can try out TVS Apache RTR/Yamaha FZ16/Pulsar models. Even heard that Mahindra motor cycles were also competing in the middle segment (Passion/Splendor/Crux Segments) in good manner.
But if the budget is around 1 Lakh, then you can try out these 150cc to 200cc Machines.

Hi,
You can try out TVS Apache RTR/Yamaha FZ16/Pulsar models. Even heard that Mahindra motor cycles were also competing in the middle segment (Passion/Splendor/Crux Segments) in good manner.
But if the budget is around 1 Lakh, then you can try out these 150cc to 200cc Machines.
I didn't understand in what point you suggested these bikes to thread starter. the three bikes you suggested clearly missing the 3 points mentioned by the thread starter.

Apache- comfort?
FZ - Mileage?Maintenance?
Pulsar - maintenance?

as per the requirements mentioned by the thread starter, we can clearly understand he required a commuter bike, though he not mentioned the budget.

Assuming you need a budget commuter bike, I recommend Honda shine/unicorn for its smooth and refined engine, comfort. I was surprised with the ride comfort of shine , it took small potholes and speed brakers really well[surprise]. Also , TD discover series, I found the engine to get bit rough after some heavy mileage (20-30k kms) but has great FE.

Thread Starter #6
Assuming you need a budget commuter bike, I recommend Honda shine/unicorn for its smooth and refined engine, comfort. I was surprised with the ride comfort of shine , it took small potholes and speed brakers really well[surprise]. Also , TD discover series, I found the engine to get bit rough after some heavy mileage (20-30k kms) but has great FE.
Karthick,

you got it absolutely right. am looking for a budget commuter bike
comfort is prime importance folllowed by other two factors.
this is the first time am purchasing bike so want to ensure am taking right decision considering mentioned factors.

For me it has to be Honda Shine/Dream Yuga or Hero Passion/Splendor.
I just wouldn't recommend a Bajaj. I personally haven't seen any bajaj with noise free after 2-3 years. I believe that it doesn't have the capability to handle abuses.

Honda Shine - the best 125cc commuter bike. Engine smoothness and suspension are too good. However after 75kmph acceleration is nowhere like Gladiator/ Discover 135.

Skip Yamaha's none of them suit your requirement, dont experiment with Bajaj. Just book a Honda and you will never regret.

OT: This is from someone who owns a Yamaha, previously a Bajaj Discover, prior to that a TVS Victor, Bajaj Boxer and Splendour.

If budget is a constraint then check out the Dream Yuga, I know its smooth but I am not sure it can handle any amount of abuse (small size bike like TVS Sport/Platina)

Thread Starter #10
Honda Shine - the best 125cc commuter bike. Engine smoothness and suspension are too good. However after 75kmph acceleration is nowhere like Gladiator/ Discover 135.

Skip Yamaha's none of them suit your requirement, dont experiment with Bajaj. Just book a Honda and you will never regret.

OT: This is from someone who owns a Yamaha, previously a Bajaj Discover, prior to that a TVS Victor, Bajaj Boxer and Splendour.

If budget is a constraint then check out the Dream Yuga, I know its smooth but I am not sure it can handle any amount of abuse (small size bike like TVS Sport/Platina)
my colleague vouched for Honda as well due to comfort and smoothness am not planning to go over 60 since am considering mileage as one of the options as well

am around 100kg mark
can Honda shine take that kind of abuse with sensible driving

^^ Honda shine will look smaller for you.
In 100 CC

- New Hero passion with the new engine from Honda Twister/Dream yuga/Dream neo

in 125CC-

- check out Honda Stunner.

Both are looks little bigger in size compared to the other models in same category.

Last edited:
can Honda shine take that kind of abuse with sensible driving
Honda is certainly known for its reliability, You should definitely consider honda shine , as comfort is your priority. It wont feel underpowered unlike other 100cc bikes and it can take a lot of abuse too.

PS: I rode a 30k kms old bike from which I stated my experience in my previous post.

Thread Starter #13
^^ Honda shine will look smaller for you.
In 100 CC

- New Hero passion with the new engine from Honda Twister/Dream yuga/Dream neo

in 125CC-

- check out Honda Stunner.

Both are looks little bigger in size compared to the other models in same category.
releesh,

I checked out stunner as well. does shine and stunner carry same engine. how about shock absorption between either of them.
i was thinking same about shine looking smaller for me but looks are always my last option
comfort, performance and mileage and maintenance being imp ones
how is the ride quality between stunner and shine ?

As per my experience, Stunner is strong, better built with good tires.It is comfortable and it has good stability compared to puny tires & chase of Shine. Only thing i don't like is its front fairing with the fixed headlight, though it had good quality plastic and good light to compared to shine. Stunner has slightly better performance figures and mileage will be almost same for both.

If you want better mileage and you like the dream yuga/twister engine, then check out new passion. Passion now coming with this engine and disc brake. It is a better built compared to dream neo/yuga.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
As per my experience, Stunner is strong, better built with good tires.It is comfortable and it has good stability compared to puny tires & chase of Shine. Only thing i don't like is its front fairing with the fixed headlight, though it had good quality plastic and good light to compared to shine. Stunner has slightly better performance figures and mileage will be almost same for both.

If you want better mileage and you like the dream yuga/twister engine, then check out new passion. Passion now coming with this engine and disc brake. It is a better built compared to dream neo/yuga.
releesh how much mileage difference do i expect between honda and hero honda.
personally i have observed hero honda's can't take it and gives up in pressure.
and yes this brings another query
how are disc breaks better than drum breaks
also how are bikes engine tuned these days
are they all computerised tuned or still manual

Top Bottom