RX100 Queries - Is it Worth Paying More Than Rs.30K?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy one RX100 model in tamilnadu. I came across the price range from 20000 to 75000 INR. Normally the chennai based bikes are bit less than other district bikes.
Even i tried for RXZ bikes too. But the rates and the condition of the bikes were not up to the mark.
Most of the Bikes are having more than 4 owners as per the RC book. I need to know whether its worth to pay more than 30000 INR for a well maintained bikes.

Last edited:
Prices of used vehicles are merely notional - there is no MRP or ex-showroom price. Everything depends on what you want to pay for what you are getting. So if I feel a RX100 is worth a lakh rupees because I want it so badly, so be it.

Ideally, an okay condition RX100 should cost between Rs. 15000-30000 depending on a lot of factors. Rs. 75000 for a RX100 is a joke.

Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy one RX100 model in tamilnadu.
Planning to buy RX100 in addition to your RX135 or after selling it?

Case1: In addition to RX135
I suggest to get a RX100 with proper documents at a cheaper price (though it may be in scrap condition) and restore to stock condition.

Case2: Planning to sell RX135
In this case instead of selling your RX135 you can convert that to RX100 (change all necessary parts engine, transmission and till the sprockets) Atleast you have a very recent bike as per the documents. Known devil is better than a unknown angel.

In any case don't go for a RX which is already restored. It is always better to get it restored by ourself.

Thread Starter #4
Hi Guys,
I met a Mechanic last week to check an RX100 which was in his Workshop. As usual the prices were quoted out of the thought by the owner of that Bike. So i told i can’t afford to that price.
After that the Mechanic and I were talking casually and he asked why i need a RX100, since i am already having a RX135? I replied him that the sound is the only factor.. He laughed and said that he can get the similar sound in this machine with in a hour. As per his comments i went and got a Silencer Muphler and classy Wheel. Within hour the sound is totally changed.
But still it’s not exact RX100 Sound tone, but it’s almost matching. Within around 200 Rupees i got the things which i need. Thanks to that Mechanic.
While leaving he told, if we alter the Muphler with some welding work, it will give a great tone of RX100 in RX135. Hopefully i will do that too...

Silencer Muphler and classy Wheel.
I guess you mean a silencer muffler. But whats a classy wheel??

RX135 exhaust has a catalytic converter fitted inside it. I guess your new system has the cat con removed to get the louder sound. Good for the ears but not good for ma earth. Dont allow your mechanic to do any welding bullcrap - two stroke exhaust systems are precision tuned in order to take care of the narrow rev-band and any worthwhile modification to such systems is beyony the scope of any roadside mechanic.

Don't ruin your lovely motorcycle for aural pleasure.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Hi,
My Catalytic Silencer is not used for these alterations. I already replaced with the original Chrome RX135 Silencer. In the new silencer only, i have made the changes.
It’s not making a weird sound, its only changing the Mufflers to get the RX100 sound. Classy wheel is a cotton kind of (Sponge) material use to fill the place around the Muphler.

i know many of my friends who have bought RX100 and shogun well maintained right from 9k to 75k but 80% of bikes had single owner. check if you have some parsis in your area as the bike owners as many of my friends who bought from them are happy as they maintain their bike very well though the cost may be a bit high.

the rx 100,135 are the most coveted bikes after the rd 350 and yezdi range of bikes.
usually a well maintained rx100 in stock condition sells at about 30000-40000.the rx 135 is slightly more sought after ,but the reliability of 135s comes nowhere near the rx 100.

the rx 100 is a sure bet when it comes to durability while the 135 lacks in that respect.when yamaha introduced bikes like RXG,135 5 speed the quality decreased despite of the increase in performance.

Top Bottom